Community Questions - 3rd Alpha Weekend

Q&A TWARENA SpawnPoint Tutorial Abilities

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Akriom #1 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Will the spawn point selection come back at some point?

As previously stated at Wargaming Fest, we do intend to reintroduce dynamic deployment. The change to fixed deployment was focused at new players, ensuring they get into battle quickly with only few elements to focus on i.e. the core mechanics of the game.

• When will the Add friends and group system be implemented?

We’re working on it right now, and we’re getting close to completing it. If everything goes to plan, it will be included in one of the next Test sessions!

• After tier 5 it is very hard to farm silver; what happened with the silver balance?

There was a bug with the rewards system, where players received Tier 1 rewards all the way up to Tier 10. This has now been fixed.

• What are the future plans for the tutorial? Some important mechanics look missing.

The tutorial you saw was only the very first version, more of a test than anything else. We’ve already added a first metagame tutorial, and we are going to keep adding more features to the tutorial. Additionally, we are expanding the contextual hints system in order to continue to give advice to players even past the tutorial.

• The information about unit classes (weight) is absent in the user interface, but this mechanic is active, why?

The concept of weight was a simple label, it originally portrayed the role of a unit based on a couple of statistics. However, it wasn’t an equation or calculation, in fact the label was derived from less than 5% of the statistics which define a unit and so it was often wrong or confusing when considering additional variables. We’re currently developing a replacement system which will act as a better aid, summarising a unit and identifying its role.

• Will we see different attack and defend maps? Total War had emphasized siege warfare, will we see that in TWA?

As previously stated, we want to focus on the current game mode. We are ensuring the surrounding gameplay is of the highest quality before we provide additional modes, of which many have been considered. This is something we are considering for the future

• ​Are you still working on "pathfinding"?  (I saw some marked improvements, but specifically in ordering units to follow the forest road in Marathon, I incurred movement penalties because the units wouldn't stay on the road). 

Pathfinding is under review, however improvement on complex systems like this is a delicate process. Because of this we’ll be making smaller steps over a longer period to ensure we’re moving in the right direction.

• Are there any plans to introduce the ability to put your units in loose formation to mitigate arrow damage like other total war games? 

We’re reviewing how and if units without shields should have a method of avoiding missiles beyond dodging through movement. In regards to loose formation, because of the nature of accuracy being a simulation, loose formation does not directly equate to a required amount of damage reduction.

• Many commanders were stripped of an ability that made their playstyle unique, such as Scipio's quick march. Can we expect a return of these abilities in some form for those commanders, or will they be given to new commanders? Why did you change the skill system?

We’re going to review the commander abilities in the future. We do want each commander to have three abilities, as we feel that this makes each commander more unique, and we will have less overlap between commanders. With the ability upgrade tree, there are already many more options to customize your commander than before, and we intend on improving this. Abilities that used to be on commanders in the past and which are no longer there may indeed come back on future commanders.

Gang5ter15 #2 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I really like this FAQ. Its a great way to communicate with the community and its a good way to preventmultiple threads about the same topic over and over again.

In the name of god, impure souls of the living dead should be banished in to eternal damnation. Amen.

SUNTZU_JoJo #3 Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

Thank you for this.

For many I am sure this is exactly the kind of Q&A we were after.

Clear, concise, very informative and reliably periodical.

Much appreciated.

Getting excited now, to see you all in battle!

Edited by VG_JoJo, 23 February 2017 - 11:44 PM.

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

sardaukar85 #4 Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:47 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
DO ALPHA PLAYERS RECEIVE SOMETHING AFTER THE IMPLEMENT OF THE FULL GAME ?(CAZ THE PROGRESS WILL BE RESET RIGHT ? ;)

IDEAnLeiTung #5 Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:10 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View Postsardaukar85, on 24 February 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

DO ALPHA PLAYERS RECEIVE SOMETHING AFTER THE IMPLEMENT OF THE FULL GAME ?(CAZ THE PROGRESS WILL BE RESET RIGHT ? ;)

I like the fact that this is the first, and so far the only post you ever made on this forum.

TactiCol #6 Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:08 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
See you at 18:00 :)

sardaukar85 #7 Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:22 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostIDEAnLeiTung, on 24 February 2017 - 01:10 AM, said:

I like the fact that this is the first, and so far the only post you ever made on this forum.

I am pretty sure that speak for many with my question ! (Not first anymore ) :)  ;)

Edited by sardaukar85, 24 February 2017 - 08:44 AM.

Manofstone55 #8 Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Hi see you all on the battlefield. And most of all have fun.:):D:teethhappy:

Xeir #9 Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:39 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

Block Quote

• Will the spawn point selection come back at some point?

As previously stated at Wargaming Fest, we do intend to reintroduce dynamic deployment. The change to fixed deployment was focused at new players, ensuring they get into battle quickly with only few elements to focus on i.e. the core mechanics of the game.

Aha.. yes yes..... . So.... will the spawn point selection will come back ?

Edited by Xeir, 24 February 2017 - 01:40 PM.

CopperPride #10 Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:50 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAkriom, on 23 February 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

• We’re working on it right now, and we’re getting close to completing it. If everything goes to plan, it will be included in one of the next Test sessions!
  • The tutorial you saw was only the very first version, more of a test than anything else. We’ve already added a first metagame tutorial, and we are going to keep adding more features to the tutorial.
  • We’re currently developing a replacement system which will act as a better aid, summarising a unit and identifying its role.
  • This is something we are considering for the future
  • Pathfinding is under review,
  • We’re reviewing how and if units without shields should have a method of avoiding missiles beyond dodging through movement.
  • We’re going to review the commander abilities in the future.

It's there any chance You can provide some kind of "RoadMap" with order of features You wanna implement to the game for the future test sessions ??

Naming and shaming ? Yes! No tolerance for exploit abusers!

TW: Arena (EU) Alpha Gladiators Discord Channel

Szymon_1406 #11 Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:35 AM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis
I can't get on to Total War Arena, every time I launch it up I go accept the NDA and such then select my region as Europe, it tabs back into the game and says "Failed to Authenticate" and I have to press Ok and quit the game. Help anyone pls?

Szymon_1406 #12 Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis
Well no the issue I figured out is that I am logging into the same email but I have 2 accounts on this email and I cant access the other one which is the one I have activated the code on. Theo other account is called "Halkyo" but I just cant find a way to sign in with usernames. help?

amigopn #13 Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:57 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
My unique code doesn't work - https://wargaming.net/shop/bonus/Wrong code . PLS help.

Edited by amigopn, 25 February 2017 - 09:58 AM.

Akriom #14 Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:23 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

Hey guys,

If you have issues with getting in the Alpha can you please send our Customer Support team a ticket using this link?

They will do their best to reply in a timely manner and help you out as best they can.

Thanks,

Edited by Akriom, 01 March 2017 - 04:31 PM.

nodashik #15 Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Keep up these Q&A they are great !

Zaradjin #16 Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:40 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
hey guys :) did you know if there are upcoming new factions in the future, like carthago with generals like Hamilkar Barkas and his sons Hannibal, Hasdrubal and Mago? im very interessted :inlove:

Zaradjin #17 Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:18 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostXeir, on 24 February 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Aha.. yes yes..... . So.... will the spawn point selection will come back ?

thats really a good question, the spawn point selection was very nice, i liked it too :) so will it come back? 

Edited by Zaradjin, 27 February 2017 - 12:19 AM.

fidoras #18 Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Removed for breach of NDA

Edited by Akriom, 01 March 2017 - 04:34 PM.

SW_ncoXx #19 Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:12 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Removed for breach of NDA 

Edited by Akriom, 01 March 2017 - 04:34 PM.

Akriom #20 Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your comments and your questions. :)

Regarding some of the questions:

• Alpha rewards - we will talk more about this topic once we are ready to do so. 
  • Spawn point selection coming back? Well in some way - it is however still work in progress. More to come when we are ready to talk about it.
  • At the moment we are not ready to share a feature roadmap, so same goes for future factions and commanders. More on this in the future! ;)

Regarding what is acceptable to post here without breaking your NDA:

• You can comment on anything said in this Q&A,
    • This means you can ask questions based on the answers provided above,
    • Stating if you like or dislike what we have said.
  • However, comparing what has been said to your testing experience is still breaking your NDA
    • As it is revealing more information than we are ready to share with non-testers. 

If unsure please ask us first via Private Message.

Thanks,

Edited by Akriom, 01 March 2017 - 04:32 PM.

Also tagged with Q&A, TWARENA, SpawnPoint, Tutorial, Abilities

2 user(s) are reading this topic