Account resets

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

boxlars24 #1 Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:25 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Will there be any account resets?

Not that I believe you either way, since you promised no account resets before, yet did it again.

I know you sorta said why in the email, but most of us barely got more gold then we had prior if you consider daily wins and having bought gold(humble bundle, aka. no refund).

I've got some feedback on the game as well, but not sure if this was mainly a server test, which didn't contain all of the games content.

Edited by boxlars24, 27 November 2016 - 10:07 AM.

AntiStreSs_FR #2 Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:58 AM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

After thousands of hours of gameplay this really did kill my motivation to restart playing this game anymore... if they didn't say we could keep our game progress after the test I think I would have saved tons of hours of wasted time. I feel I was tricked and lured into a game that didn't keep its promises.

If this was a game with an easy unlock curve that would be ok but when you consider you have to play several hours every day for months to unlock your favorite leader and units, this seriously makes a difference and puts an end to the fun and promising gameplay I remember having here :(. And I have to do that for all the 9 generals I already unlocked after hundred of gameplay hours each. Seriously? After having played  over 2000 battles  now the test reopens I can barely unlock 2 tier 1 generals ??

Now imagining having to work just to be able to play a game with decent units just feels bad...

I don't think they wiped because of the changes (so far I don't see that much) they did it because it's easier for them to test a game if all the players use first tier units from scratch.

I have the feeling they are making this game more addiction based than really fun or strategic, I'm willing to pay for fun not for drugs... I'll keep playing real Total War games, this one looks just like other addiction based games : forcing players to spend time and\or money is its only clear purpose

Edited by AntiStreSs_FR, 27 November 2016 - 05:06 PM.

boxlars24 #3 Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAntiStreSs_FR, on 27 November 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

After thousands of hours of gameplay this really did kill my motivation to restart playing this game anymore... if they didn't say we could keep our game progress after the test I think I would have saved tons of hours of wasted time.

If this was a game with an easy unlock curve that would be ok but when you consider you have to play several hours every days for months to unlock your favorite leaders and units, this seriously makes a difference and puts an end to the fun and promising gameplay I remember having here :(

I agree, I'm not sure I'm willing to put in the hours to get to play the fun artillery and utilize the great generals optimally. It's also much more difficult to get both the generals, and you start the fewer of them.

The game looks worse now( I suspect it's because of alpha testing), and the only problem that I suspect is how it was difficult for them to make money of it -- pity and shameful.

I will be in disappointment if the only change happens to be the increased general costs and our account resets.

Xeir #4 Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:05 AM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

http://forum.totalwa...d__352#entry352

Also no one Sayed there will be not Another wipe before Open beta.

boxlars24 #5 Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:58 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostXeir, on 27 November 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

http://forum.totalwa...d__352#entry352

Also no one Sayed there will be not Another wipe before Open beta.

Total War: ARENA – No Account Resets from Patch 11
Total War: ARENA is Go – No Account Resets from Patch 11

All your current game progress is here to stay, forever. There will be no account reset in Total War: ARENA anymore, no progress lost, and you won’t have to start over at any point in the future.

Patch 11 also brings huge improvements to CPU optimisation and significantly lowers the system spec required to get great performance in game. If you’ve been prevented from playing so far due to unit lag, it’s time to give the latest build a try.
For more information on this and some essential rebalancing to Spears and Cavalry, check out the patch notes on our dev blog:

https://blog.totalwararena.com/2015/09/07/patch-11-no-more-account-resets/

-by CA Dogbert  [developer] 9 Sep, 2015 @ 12:36pm, https://steamcommuni...41624281295984/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I don't know what "no more account resets FOREVER" means, or "you won’t have to start over at any point in the future." means.

They should just be lucky no one is suing them for there promises as compensation for lost time and progress.

Edit more:

CA Dogbert  [developer] 10 Sep, 2015 @ 11:31am 
"No more wipes :)"

Edited by boxlars24, 27 November 2016 - 12:03 PM.

ESPTITO #6 Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:42 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Maybe we can get all xp and money we earned before in compensation.

Xeir #7 Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

Hmm do you still belive in magic ? :)

Wargaming and Ca are talking about that stuff. But that Not mean they will give us someting worth what we got once.   Also they didin't sayed they will not Next wipe now in game.  Co can happen there will be another wipe after this closed alpha when we will be going to Open beta

Edited by Xeir, 27 November 2016 - 12:54 PM.

Daheb #8 Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:53 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Maybe you should play the game for fun instead of the prestige. There is a completely new progression system, how do you think you can keep your old progress??

Xeir #9 Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:14 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian
If community wanna complain give them chance to do it.  This test is to hear what they don't like.

AntiStreSs_FR #10 Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

View PostDaheb, on 27 November 2016 - 03:53 PM, said:

Maybe you should play the game for fun instead of the prestige. There is a completely new progression system, how do you think you can keep your old progress??

After the first 1000 hours of gaming I think you start to know what makes a game fun for you... and it's not : working to unlock things

No prestige there, only boring grinding hours, teach a monkey to hit 3 buttons and he'll unlock things just as well.

All this game is about is : balanced pvp and strategies. And that's the fun of it, no prestige in that either, only a few players brag about their win ratio, witch is not the ultimate goal of this game imo.

Now about the "completely new progression system" as you copy/pasted from their announcements, I have yet to discover what it means because as long as I remember despite of minor changes in the tech trees, you still earn points at a fairly similar rate to get units, skills and generals unlocked. Same for silver...

The skills work a bit differently, it seems they just deleted 1/4 of them (are new players not smart enough to use more than 3 ?) but so far I don't see fundamental changes either in the skill trees or the way you progress ingame...

I'm also somewhat surprised not to see any new general, troop or weaponry after they announced they worked months on "many" new features, characters, armies and gameplay...

Edited by AntiStreSs_FR, 27 November 2016 - 05:24 PM.

boxlars24 #11 Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:52 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Xeir stop trolling these forums, you don't know what you are talking about and can't empathize nor use common sense as proven by my prior post. 

The reason that people pay for the additional content is because more advanced units are more interesting to play(or more desired):

If wargaming/Sega denies this premise I would advice them just to give every unit away as people would clearly not spend a dime on units.

Me and all others have been promised not to get our content wiped or progress reset, yet this happened. - In other words; we have been excluded from more desirable units, that we/I consciously played to obtain.

I'm not interesting in getting good at a game which requires me to play 100+ matches to unlock new heroes, which seems to be what the new pricing suggests. If there is a competition in ping pong and you are told the value of winning is x, and suddenly just as you have trained the value of the price decreases - is a case of fraud.

I as many others think compensation for hours grinded in to this game is well deserved as no wipes were promised. I am not speaking of a 100% compensation, but sure, 80 - or even 50% would be nice - despite the steep price increases.

Total war haven't even admitted that they promised no wipes and weren't able to stand up to it, again, shameful and pity behavior. If they didn't delete their article on patch 11 and no wipes, and instead explained their deep sorry for our time wasted I wouldn't be here writing this. I don't know if Sega and the wargaming will ignore this obvious pathetic robbery, to which I think a visit from the European Consumer Committee IS my response. 

Edit: I don't like suing other companies, but since both Sega and Wargaming has had no problems doing this in the past. So to anyone having problems with this, please refer me to your post regarding how horrible and how much you criticized Sega for suing level-5 and wargaming project Tank in the past. 

Edited by boxlars24, 27 November 2016 - 06:01 PM.

Xeir #12 Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:07 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

Block Quote

Xeir stop trolling these forums, you don't know what you are talking about and can't empathize nor use common sense as proven by my prior post.

Well im watching arena for quite long from many sources. For example in one russian interview you could read that they talking about it with CA.  

There was also interview in Polish Language with CA Game Director where he sayed that they don't planing to give players oportunity to use they Real money until Open beta or someting like that. What can mean we can except another Wipe. 

Topic@

Most important for you, that you can find via total war arena forum Messages from Ca_christos where he was talking about this "never wipe" players called him there, and he was trying to explain why they do it, and how he understand words " never wipe" ( Even rationally he explain it)

For me this discussion  have ended before it started.  I just didin't intend to kill it but give oportunity to CA to read community thoughts.

Edited by Xeir, 27 November 2016 - 06:26 PM.

boxlars24 #13 Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:43 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostXeir, on 27 November 2016 - 06:07 PM, said:

Well im watching arena for quite long from many sources. For example in one russian interview you could read that they talking about it with CA.  

There was also interview in Polish Language with CA Game Director where he sayed that they don't planing to give players oportunity to use they Real money until Open beta or someting like that. What can mean we can except another Wipe. 

Topic@

Most important for you, that you can find via total war arena forum Messages from Ca_christos where he was talking about this "never wipe" players called him there, and he was trying to explain why they do it, and how he understand words " never wipe" ( Even rationally he explain it)

For me this discussion  have ended before it started.  I just didin't intend to kill it but give oportunity to CA to read community thoughts.

I'm curios as to his explanation, yet I don't need anyone to tell me what forever keep your progress and never wipe ever again means.

Could you link his comment, thanks.

Xeir #14 Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:53 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

https://forums.total...Comment_1692730

https://forums.total...al-war-arena/p3

https://forums.total...Comment_1694429

SpartanBG #15 Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:38 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Well guys, my opinion on this matter is that you should SUCK it up! WE are commanders DAMN IT! We fight, we die, we win, we loose. 

Now why I say you should suck it up, well its mainly because if we don't get a wipe every newcomer when this game goes live will have to face people with upgraded units and it will be a big disadvantage to all the newcomers. If you were a newcomer and almost everyone you face is stronger than you would you play?

Getting a fresh start isn't something bad! Especially if the game has changed in many ways.

Edited by SpartanBG, 27 November 2016 - 07:39 PM.

The Spartans do not ask how many but where they are" - Agis II of Sparta

boxlars24 #16 Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:43 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSpartanBG, on 27 November 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

Well guys, my opinion on this matter is that you should SUCK it up! WE are commanders DAMN IT! We fight, we die, we win, we loose. 

Now why I say you should suck it up, well its mainly because if we don't get a wipe every newcomer when this game goes live will have to face people with upgraded units and it will be a big disadvantage to all the newcomers. If you were a newcomer and almost everyone you face is stronger than you would you play?

Getting a fresh start isn't something bad! Especially if the game has changed in many ways.

Your logic is completely flawed and contradicting. -Though I appreciate your encouragement.

The matchmaking is based of tier of units -- so no they won't face superior units.

BUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN is that newbies instead of facing people who don't know the map and units -- will be faced against people with over 200 battles on each map with superior experience and better understanding of terrain modifiers and tactics. This sorta melting-pot garbage will destroy(hamper) the experience for new players. If you care so much about new players, you would be on my side arguing for our units back.

Drop the facade, and tell me your motive, as I've just revealed it isn't clear.

Who knows if the game will change in many ways? As proven before CA are a bunch of liars, I would never throw a dime at them, let alone consider selling out. I would like to see an official recognition of their mistakes, and hopefully a compensation of 100 commander xp per battle played(just a proposal), or meet me in court, or receive investigation of the European consumer committee for their failure to meet disclosure.

SpartanBG #17 Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:47 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Well my motive is that I like to encircle newbies but at least give them a fair (unit wise) fight :D

The Spartans do not ask how many but where they are" - Agis II of Sparta

batmanewayne #18 Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:41 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Give xp blue and silver coin.

see

akkyro #19 Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:54 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

ok, i played thousands of battles in the first game as Maximus...

My English is not perfect, so please forgive my faut...

My favorites Générals where the Barbarians .. so yesterday i tried to play them and also a little bit Léonidas...

Léonidas didnt change a lot but the Barbarians should maybe called now the Hollanders or the polish guys...it has  completely changed and are now quite weak...

I was level 10 with 2 generals and 2 kinds of units.. with the new system it will take me years to retreive my levelling...

We can't blame antbody because when the previous beta closed , they return us our money and in another way its a beta test game so  we are the Lucky guys able to play before everyone...

But what i'm quite desapointed for is  they told us we will never lose our progression (this mean 1000 hours of playing for some of us) and now we have lose everything...

i dont understand why they have changed so much good points in the game... for me the game was great and the only change to fix was the lag , adding maps , generals and units.. and they come back with a new game, a lot of cut and an upgrade system for generals and units that will take millions years to complete  (except of course if you pay for)

it still a good game , new players will find it great but for some of us it's a bit desapointing .

The previous game was almost perfect, sometime its not necessary to modify a "chef d'œuvre" .. if Da Vinci did the same as you did for this game for "the Joconde " and modified her face again and again she will not be in The Louvre actually ...

anyway i'm impatient to test the next version and also impatient to retreive some points of the old version .. my axmen level 3 for exemple :) 

batmanewayne #20 Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

http://www.pcgamesn.com/total-war-arena/total-war-arena-patch-promises-no-more-progress-resets

true or lie ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users