STOP RIGHT THERE! WE WANT A FORUM! WE DONT WANT REDITT

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: TWA FORUM OR REDDIT? (77 members have cast votes)

Do you agree with the decision to close the forum and move the community to reddit??

1. NO (69 votes [89.61%])

Percentage of vote: 89.61%

2. YES (8 votes [10.39%])

Percentage of vote: 10.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Ardougne #21 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostVrabies, on 21 February 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

all that talking with only 2700 members? if that discord channel will be used by everybody, how will the chat look with 5k, 10k, 20k, 100k members?

More channels can be added. I've reached out to WG and CA to ask if they will use a feedback channel if we created one. I'm not going to create it before I know they will use it.

View PostPeLLaSG0S, on 21 February 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

Everyone including me joined that channel because we mislead that your channel is an official one....

Why dont  you say openly here....Is your channel an official WG one?

Are you the owner of that channel yes or no?

Anyone can invite those 3000 members....including wg and ca staff....so what?

That makes you an official channel? NO!

and finally....let us guess....the same people who are admins in your channel are admins in reddit right?Are you sponsored by reddit?

Because this is what we see.... under your name...

We want an official DISCORD CHANNEL BY EITHER WG OR CA....AND OUR FORUMS....WE DONT WANT REDDIT....

Although I do not believe this will change your mind, I want to share the answers to your questions so that others who are also curious will have them.

The discord is in no way owned by Wargaming or Creative assembly. The channel is, however, the Official channel of the /r/totalwararena Sub-Reddit. The discord server will NEVER be the official server as long as I am there because I won't let Wargaming or CA take the reigns. Even better, Wargaming has asked that we ensure no employees of either company are given power on the server.

I am not the owner of the discord and I never have been. Artylius, one of the original sub-reddit moderators from when the game was on steam, owns the discord server. This is a question I have answered before for you.

You seem to think this was easy to build up. That just sending the invites will get people into and using the server. This has taken quite a bit of time and effort to create and provide what features we offer to anybody who wants to take advantage of them. This has been like a 2nd job to me and is something I am passionate about.

We are not sponsored by any company. Not by Reddit, not by Wargaming and not by CA or Sega. We are various members of the community who want to help the game and the community around it.

PeLLaSG0S #22 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:31 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Now let me show you an example guys for which i am going to talk about this publicly for the first time....My clan members already know it but i think its time to reveal that to more people....

Do you remember back in the days of closed beta where we played 8 missions?I think the most of you do...because you competed to get the rewards of those missions....

I didnt participate in many of them but i did in a couple.I am going to talk you about mission 7.I played for 3 days for many hours because i seriously wanted to win the contest.

I played the mission with a friend( Hell sunzu) the whole session of the 3 days in a party.We played  and after one week we waited for the results....

It was nice surprise to see my friend sunzu to be on the 3rd position winning the ultimate bundle....but it wasnt such a nice surprise for me to see my self in the position 100....!!!

This is the results link from that mission....https://content.wgcd.../marathon/en/7/

I was really sure that i did better than this...since my results in the games we played were almost double  sometimes than my friends so i send a message to the community manager here asking to answer me back if the tools are working...properly....because i was sure that i should be among the top players if not FIRST!

Do you want to know what happened?

1st of December....they send me this....

"i'm sorry about the inconvenience this result may have caused. these events are there to make you have fun and not disappoint.

I'll talk to the people in charge of gathering the results to double check your account to see if you results are the right one and if possible to give me a break down.

Mistakes do happen, so we're always happy to double check. Do you have any screenshots or videos that could be helpful by any chance? this juts helps speeding up the process of verifying if the result we took are the right one or not. If not do not worry, we'll double check carefully and will let you know."

which was really polite and nice by the guy who send me that....but it took too long to get an answer on that....

Actually it took 3 months and 5 days....where they finally send me this....

Finally, regarding the results, as I don't have a direct access to the people who pulled the first results I don't know what went wrong, what I do know is a human mistake was done and I've tried to correcting it. Also, you've won it, and it was just our mistake that didn't display it. You shouldn't feel bad, I feel bad it took so long to be half corrected, and I'm looking at the possibility to fully correct it, (Unfortunately, at this time I can't make any promise about this last point).

I accepted the fact that it wasnt intentional by someone in the company(it was a scenario for me.....) since i am not the favorite guy for many people both in game and in the company since i am doing a harsh criticism every time they force me to post.I thank the moderator for solving the problem....even though i didnt really care about the premium units or the gold....I played for the glory of winning....I am not going to say that they never posted a public apology or the real winner of the mission but that another thing to comment about and i dont want to get into that....ill only say this....WHERE WAS THE GLORY I FOUGHT FOR....and i will stop right here....

But now finally i came to the point to explain you why i wrote this true story....!!!!!

I was lucky to find a nice guy here in this forum who actually helpeed me and stayed in contact with me the last 3 months.....

Imagine a similar problem to you guys....in a future mission....GOOD LUCK FINDING A SOLUTION IN REDDIT....ITS AN ENDLESS LIST....Not user friendly for gaming forum....not even for communication....its good just for reading....

That said...and fullstop from me....i said enough....the ball is yours guys....keep commenting and keep voting....MAYBE someone with brains in this company will notice that something is wrong and he or she might try to correct it.

At least some of us will say that we tried....

cu all in game!

Edited by PeLLaSG0S, 22 February 2018 - 01:21 AM.

HoR_i_ZoN #23 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:31 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
For once I agree with the Greek peasant :teethhappy:

-IDE- Ω∙Σ∙Ξ∙G∙Λ

Vrabies #24 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:32 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Ardez, I dont want to discredit what you are doing and I am sure it worked well for the intent that you started it.  However to drag so many new people in it will be a big strain on you guys and  it just feels unproffessional from WG to send a large community to be handled by volunteers from the community. It is impossible to not be biased at some point and it will become counter productive for everybody. We will see and I hope to be proven wrong.

Anyway seems it has already been decided and I wish you best of luck.

Edited by Vrabies, 21 February 2018 - 08:33 PM.

PeLLaSG0S #25 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:49 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

The effort on making a nice community is good and we would all supported it if it was truthful from the beginning...

But instead It was a misleading one....

The fact i got banned i explained it already i dint mind at all when i found it was a fan made one....I would really mind if it was an official one...but even now whoever you ask they will tell you the official the official etc etc....

You should go and say openly that you are not.... like you did now....and carry on doing it and making it bigger and bigger....

Now we reached the point that WG  wants to delete the english speaking forums....and keeping only the russian forum open for the russian players on the same time....

sending the rest of us to Reddit and to your community channel....

We are players and some people already customers since people already started paying for the game...

What kind of decision is this....Its an insult to the community and the playerbase to treat us like this....

They need to take it back ASAP!

Its not possible thousands of thousands of players to get into a community channel to give feedback and share their opinions MODERATED BY VOLUNTEERS!!!

They should employ you at least and train you to moderate properly if they are in  love with your community that much AND since they dont do that...that means that they dont fully support you....

In any case....what matters for us....the player base is the forum....SO KEEP THE DAMN FORUM ALIVE....otherwise dont expect the game to thrive without it....

Edited by PeLLaSG0S, 21 February 2018 - 09:54 PM.

Nequinet #26 Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostJonatheOrange, on 21 February 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

I dont have a problem with discord or reddit but personally i prefer forums because i can go see what i want to see and dont have to search through a wall of text and post.

This

Bronze_Spear #27 Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:10 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

http://forum.totalwararena.com/index.php?/topic/3297-player-relation-message-for-the-community-by-the-community/

Hardly any NA players (except a select few) will speak out against them except me.........Chicken shits the lot of em..............Just don't judge me by all those sheep........

Jazz_Khanz #28 Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:17 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

TEST 123

edit....I can still post, when will they close the forum?

Sincerely JaZZ

Edited by Jazz_Khanz, 22 February 2018 - 02:18 AM.

Make Arena Great Again

As a wise man in forum told me "...already part of the game..."

Not Genuine totally unofficial Arena English speaking Forum

http://bananasoftwarena.freeforums.net/

Bronze_Spear #29 Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:19 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostJazz_Khanz, on 21 February 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

TEST 123

edit....I can still post, when will they close the forum?

Sincerely JaZZ

Jazzie boy wuz up! Don't tell me you're for this please? Anti or Pro FAKE "Official Discord"???

Jazz_Khanz #30 Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:05 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostBronze_Spear, on 22 February 2018 - 02:19 AM, said:

Jazzie boy wuz up! Don't tell me you're for this please? Anti or Pro FAKE "Official Discord"???

Honest I don't give a f**** about this crappy version of Arena and Ardez discord have never be issues for me.

I only heard rumor WG+CA think it's great idea too delete forum there all our feedback going be wasted.

Sincerely JaZZ

Edit. WHY F***** THE REDDIT? If I want find specific subject in Arena, I rather use forum then reddit.

Edited by Jazz_Khanz, 22 February 2018 - 03:14 AM.

Make Arena Great Again

As a wise man in forum told me "...already part of the game..."

Not Genuine totally unofficial Arena English speaking Forum

http://bananasoftwarena.freeforums.net/

MaDPL #31 Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:23 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Ok, screw it, I made a genuine unofficial Total War: Arena temporary forum.

http://totalwararena.phorum.pl/

The interface will be in Polish I think but we have such wonders of technology as Google translator that traslates entire sites. It's only temporary anyway as there will be no point using it once the official forum is back.

"We'll count them when we'll kill them"Jan Karol Chodkiewicz

--

3507 battles in the Steam version. Cavalry virtuoso.

PeaceGaulsUniversal_Fr #32 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Please , why delete the forum ??? :(

PeaceGaulsUniversal_Fr #33 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:02 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Please , why delete the forum ??? :(

Edited by Gardedufort, 22 February 2018 - 09:03 AM.

DanieliusVas #34 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

They delete the forum, because the WG is dumb AF.

Long live the forums.

Edited by DanieliusVas, 22 February 2018 - 09:34 AM.

"If numbers are what matters, all Greece cannot match a small part of that army; but if courage is what counts, this number is sufficient."

-Leonidas I 

IAXSARI #35 Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:39 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

#Long live the forum ! ! !

XIIl_DarkDusT #36 Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:20 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
it stil works?

RTKgotterfunkenMD #37 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:28 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I hate reditt, after they move there i'll very likely never post in the forums again. 

wolfiena #38 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:22 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSUNTZU_DarkDusT, on 22 February 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

it stil works?

​Until Monday :huh:

DanieliusVas #39 Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Damn it.

"If numbers are what matters, all Greece cannot match a small part of that army; but if courage is what counts, this number is sufficient."

-Leonidas I 

DanieliusVas #40 Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:43 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
IF THEY ARE SHUTTING DOWN THE FORUMS  I WILL MOVE TO THE RUSSIAN FORUMS AND SPEAK ENGLISH THERE, UNTIL THEY BRING OUR FORUMS BACK!!

-Leonidas I 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users