STOP RIGHT THERE! WE WANT A FORUM! WE DONT WANT REDITT

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: TWA FORUM OR REDDIT? (77 members have cast votes)

Do you agree with the decision to close the forum and move the community to reddit??

1. NO (69 votes [89.61%])

Percentage of vote: 89.61%

2. YES (8 votes [10.39%])

Percentage of vote: 10.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

PeLLaSG0S #1 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:31 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I invite all the players who are reading this title  to come and support those who want a forum and who oppose move to REDITT and THE "FAKE OFFICIAL DISCORD SERVER"...

They send this announcement yesterday....

https://totalwararen...ge&utm_term=inf

where we read  this....

"We are extremely fortunate to have a close relationship with both moderation teams of both /r/totalwararena and the official Community Discord server. Over the coming months, we will be working directly with both teams, continuing to leverage our relationships with both platforms to your benefit. Some examples of how this will work:"

The truth though is completely different....because the "OFFICIAL DISCORD THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT IS ACTUALLY A FAKE ONE"

Please read the link....

http://forum.totalwa...d-you-fan-made/

Where you will clearly see that one of the moderators back then changing the title of this misleading thread to a FAN MADE ONE!!!

Is this the "official discord"?

Run by volunteers?

Whoever objects on those decisions please write a supportive statement here...show them that a total war  game without a forum

is not going anywhere....

If we move to reditt there is not going to be a real community anymore....We will be lost in lists after lists lists lists.....

We want a clear forum where we will know where to go and post....where we will know where to post a thread....and finally we want a really official discord channel....not the one run by volunteers....We want proper moderators....

If you agree write something in this thread....if you dont agree also write something about it and dont forget to vote on the poll.

Vrabies #2 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I'll probably never follow reddit. 

there is so much talking on that discord that it is useless to follow anything on it. 

bad idea that will hurt the community and the feedback.

every community has a forum, cmon its common sense.

JonatheOrange #3 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I dont have a problem with discord or reddit but personally i prefer forums because i can go see what i want to see and dont have to search through a wall of text and post.

PeLLaSG0S #4 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

They said....

"This is a challenge facing any game that is played on a global scale, with many parts of the world left feeling “second-class” and out of the loop regarding game communication. For this reason, we’ve made a decision to centralize our social media channels where possible, and to bring our English language community together in one place."

Seriously?

You take the only user friendly thing we have to send us where???TO REDDIT?

If you felt that  many parts of the world left feeling a “second-class” then  you SHOULD MERGE THE FORUMS TO A SINGLE ONE.ONE INTERNATIONAL FORUM FOR ALL THE REGIONS!You should MERGE THEM...not send them to reddit.....

You said  "ONE PLACE" and below that you wrote....

Starting next week, we will be discontinuing all non-Russian language official regional forums and instead directing you to the player managed Total War: ARENA subreddit. From today on, you will continue to see us on Discord, Reddit, Twitch, and other social media platforms.

THATs 3 DIFFERENT PLACES....NOT ONE AS YOU SAID....WTF....YOU ARE TALKING TO HUMAN PLAYERS NOT SHEEPS...

AND LASTLY....the change is about the ALL NON-RUSSIAN LANGUAGE OFFICIAL REGIONAL FORUMS....that means that our RUSSIANS FRIENDS THEY WILL STILL HAVE THEIR FORUM BUT NOT US THE REST OF THE WORLD?

IS THIS NOT A feeling “second-class FOR YOU?AM i missing something here???

You really trying us to dislike you one day before the open beta....

KEEP VOTING PLZ....THIS MUST NOT PASS UNCHALLENGED!

Edited by PeLLaSG0S, 21 February 2018 - 04:01 PM.

Diabetius #5 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I missed this. But no, I won't follow over to Reddit, so... I guess no discussion forums for me.

tetidenera #6 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:12 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I personally prefer REDDIT
TWI-Tetide-IC

The_Shanks #7 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Why are they not closing the russian forums?

Is it to do with money? Is it because Wargaming are too lazy to run a forum and would rather have other people do the work? Are Wargaming going to do this with there other titles?

You do realise Wargaming that this DOES stink of russian bias.

You will probally find that they will open up the forums in 2 months, but there will be a microtransaction to use it. I wouldnt put it past them!!!

You should take a leaf out of Gaijins book, another russian games company who run Warthunder, they dont treat there fans/customers like this and they have a very good forum.

Guess ill just have to find the info I want when we are in open beta in game chat.

Edited by The_Shanks, 21 February 2018 - 04:23 PM.

PeLLaSG0S #8 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

IF WG has taken their decisions...

then maybe CA should step up and say something about that....

We clearly want a forum.....In every total war game we had a forum....and this is a total war game first and then a wg title....

Many of us are here because of CA ....not WG that much...

Maybe it would be a good idea CA to create a forum for the total war arena fans and let the wg fans to go to reddit!

CA do something...this should not pass like this....

Edited by PeLLaSG0S, 21 February 2018 - 04:45 PM.

Lee_Nox #9 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:57 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

From what I understood, they want a place where players can interact "directly" with the dev team and vice versa, and forums are generally meant for Players on Players discussions and such.

Focusing on Reddit and Discord, the devs team will have a clear destination and a more structured platform to communicate with the Players, making it easier for feedbacks and reports to be noticed.

I don't support the idea of "abandoning" forums, forums are what creates and maintains the community, the problem though is that there are 4 forums, and keeping up with what's happening in all of them is a dreadful task, they can easily miss on a lot of feedback and reports.

But hey, at least they were honest about it. We might feel bad about it, but it's the best choice right now for the development of the game especially that it's entering a new era.

PeLLaSG0S #10 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Guys check what people are posting in the NA FORUM....

http://forum.totalwa...-the-community/

http://forum.totalwa...reddit-discord/

http://forum.totalwa...meryville-jobs/

Even the american players dont want Reddit!

AND NOW CHECK THIS....

https://cdn.discorda...771/unknown.png

THIS IS FROM THE FAKE "OFFICIAL DISCORD"

This is what they want from us?To deal with a couple of "volunteer"  admins OF THE FAKE "OFFICIAL DISCORD" who are picking on players?

Who on earth they think they are ???

PeLLaSG0S #11 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Please read a well structured post from a player who i believe has very valid concerns and maybe he will help you decide and vote accordingly!

Quo_usque_pro_victoria, on 21 February 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

A lot has been said already by others, I will just add a "few" things :

Pretty much every discussion in Discord ends up flooded by an endless flow of comments. When that many people answer to a question/remark, it's impossible to keep track of what is happening. Just take yesterday's Q and A as an example, Zwillinger missed several questions and had to ask someone to copy paste his answer again so he can see it.

The bug thread section in Discord is a nice addition (and devs seems to be quite active in it), but the same thing can happen if a lot of bugs occurr after a patch. It will be impossible to keep track of all of them. To sum it up, unless it's a discussion with less than 5 people, Discord is not a good way to have a discussion (unless you create one channel per thread, as Weskerrr said), either for bugs or (and especially) feedback

Let's talk aboout Reddit now :

Reddit is not a platform I'm familiar with, so I may miss a few things here. But basically, the lack of organization here is outstanding. It lacks subsections, but that can be solved I guess. Add a tavern subforum, a Feeddback subforum (with Gameplay, Factions, UI, and Maps as its subforums, for example) and others for content creators, clans, etc..

Something more concerning is how the comments are organized : the order of the comments is changing according to how many points they get, whereas here, their position is locked, which is very helpful when you come back to a thread. For example, the last time I read this thread, the last comment was Jojo's and therefore, I knew perfectly where to start reading. On Reddit, you can't as the comment can change position. Therefore, it will be a mess for everyone to keep track of a discussion and especially for developers (they will lose a lot of time searching where the comment has been added). 

Moreover, the way a discussion is organized (aside from what I just pointed out) makes it hard to read and hard to get the logic or the continuity of the thread and its answers. You have people answering the main thread, then some are answering the answers, some are answering the answer's answer and so on... If I want to make a point by answering to several people, I won't be able to, or it will be hard to make a clean reference to what someone wrote (There is no quote system as far as I know) or I will have to make several and separate answers. Overall, a discussion will lose the intensity and continuation it could have had here on the forums.

The idea of a bug Megathread could be nice, but Reddit doesn't allow this to work. One of the reason is the lack of structure and the fact that the comments are not fixed in terms of position in the thread (see above). The second is that Reddit doesn't have the tools for complete bug reports. As I said before, I'm not familiar with Reddit, but I think that you can't link files (pictures, logs, dxdiag, replays, etc...) which is something that a bug report needs most of the time to allow the devs to see clearly what is the issue. If you can link files, please tell me.

An other issue is still linked to files : you can create (or submit) a discussion with a file, but you can't add text with it. So, how to post feedback with a replay/picture ? The same goes with bugs : how do you want to describe a bug if you can't add a picture/replay and explain what's wrong at the same time ?

Lastly, the last thing that slightly concerns me is that the Reddit section that will serve as forum is not run by WG or CA. Moderators are players which are not neutral to the other players (they can like or not like some players) and therefore could act differently to the same issue caused by two different players. They can forgive someone and ban someone else even though they did the same thing. I hope it won't happen, believe me, but that possibility still bothers and concerns me.

There are not only cons : a pro would be that it will bring a better interaction between players, CA staff and WG staff as well as grouping everyone (aside from CIS, so that's a miss). But the same could have been achieved by grouping the forums and changing adding a few things to encourage interaction between players and developers (like adding CA posts to the WG posts small window on the main page of the forum)

To conclude, I would love to be confident and absolutly certain, to be positive that this decision to close the forums and move to reddit is a good decision. But the high number of cons, compared to the low numbers of pros just shows that it is an awful one. Then, it could happen that it will improve a lot of things, and that I'm too pessimistic here, and that something I would like to happen as the decision probably won't be changed, but the facts exposed here and comments here are showing that it will be the opposite, I'm afraid.

P.S. : As this is supposed to be done for the Community, why didn't you make a poll (one per forum, then group the results) to ask the said Community what they were thinking about this idea ? That would have shown your willingness to intreact with the community as well as having its opinion. hkk

Edited by PeLLaSG0S, 21 February 2018 - 05:31 PM.

PeLLaSG0S #12 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:46 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

https://cdn.discorda...843/unknown.png

This is the OFFICIAL DISCORD CHANNEL  YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WG?

Shame on you!

Please start encrypting all communication huh?

You are already exposed loosers!

People need  to learn that this discord channel is not OFFICIAL! ITS A FAKE ONE!

Edited by PeLLaSG0S, 21 February 2018 - 05:47 PM.

Ardougne #13 Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Pellasgos, i know you were banned from the discord for threatening violence against another user. I wouldnt want to exclude you from the community. I am willing to revoke the ban if you are willing to follow our rules. Please consider it.

DanieliusVas #14 Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:59 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I'm not going to create a reddit account just for this game and that stupid WG. Long live the forums. -.-

"If numbers are what matters, all Greece cannot match a small part of that army; but if courage is what counts, this number is sufficient."

-Leonidas I 

PeLLaSG0S #15 Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

http://i.imgur.com/liOetCK.png

This is the reason you banned me back then and you posted it that link....

But you didnt post the whole discussion ...you only posted the part you wanted to show ...BUT THE REALITY IS VERY FAR FROM WHAT YOU PRESENT HERE!

When someone is calling you c....t and the moderator doesnt ban that person simply because they are friends then what kind of moderation to expect from a looser like you?

I threatened the person.....  because i told him if i had him in front of me he would be counting his teeth???

WELL DONE TO ME THEN....even though it was never a threat...it was an "assumption" of what would happen if that person who called me those beautiful swearing words would be doing when in front of me...which would be nothing else but counting!!!MATHEMATICS! Where is the physical violence threat on that?

You are nothing more than a volunteer who happens to have established relations with the community managers of wg....for US THE REAL PLAYERBASE YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE NOTHING....

Thats why we will never follow such a channel which IS QUITE CLEAR THAT YOU ARE NOT AN OFFICIAL CHANNEL BY WG....THE MODERATOR OF WG SAYS IT QUITE CLEAR!!!

And for that reason your thread was renamed  TO A "FAN MADE" here is the link once more just for you....check the title....

The fact that you fooled the whole community of both european and american players that doesnt mean that we will allow a scum like to fool us for ever...

People needs to know that you are NOT AN OFFICIAL DISCORD CHANNEL....YOUR FRIENDS YOU HAVE AS COMMUNITY MANAGERS REALLY F ...ED UP WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU....

IF this is what they want ok then people needs to know who you really are....and you are not ORIGINAL...YOU ARE FAKE!

I dont need to join a FAKE COMMUNITY...A NOT OFFICIAL ONE BY THE COMPANY WHO RELEASES THE GAME....NO THANK YOU...

I have my own clan...my own community...where i can share my thoughts with real players ....

I would only join an official community  ....and you are not! You are just volunteers who trying to profit from your relations with the community managers and some wg staff....NOTHING ELSE!

Edited by PeLLaSG0S, 22 February 2018 - 01:33 AM.

XIIl_DarkDusT #16 Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:12 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Public is better: Don't close it.

Many including me don't use reddit and i dislike discord.

PeLLaSG0S #17 Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:36 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Do you see what they are doing?

They are trying to diminish my thread here and the poll....by saying that i was banned back then when i join their discord channel ....

Which i did join like everyone else did too thinking that this discord channel is an official one since we could see wg and ca staff inside....

But very quickly they showed to me their real face and who they really are when they banned me and i came here in this forum asking for explanations why i got such a bad moderation from that moderator....

I found out that the OFFICIAL DISCORD CHANNEL WASNT AN OFFICIAL...IT WAS A FAN MADE ONE....AND FOR THAT REASON THE MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM IN ORDER TO calm me down because i was really furious with that treatment REVEALED TO ME THE TRUTH AND SAID IT QUITE CLEAR....ITS A "FAN MADE ONE"

go check the link and read the title yourselves!

Now what makes me happy is that i see people who are my enemies both in game and in the forums BUT AT LEAST THIS TIME WE ALL AGREE THAT WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO DO HERE IS INSANELY FOOLISH....

They will destroy the community of arena this way....Reddit is a list....ITS GOOD TO READ THE DAILY NEWS....BUT NOT IDEAL FOR A GAME!

We never before had  a game from either wargaming or creative assembly without a forum....and they want to take us to an endless list of topics....where a mother is loosing her child and the child is loosing his mother in seconds as they say in my country....

On top of that the Russian players will keep their forum and we will not!!!

We need to stop it....and thats why i created a poll....SPEAK OUT GUYS!

ITS NOT ABOUT PELLASGOS ....

Either you like me or not this thread is not about me....its about the community we really want.You are welcome to vote and express what you really want ....Please share it with more TOTAL WAR ARENA PLAYERS....everyone who is going to play the game seriously needs to know...

Because these scammers will destroy our game before it starts....for their own reasons....which might be profitable for them...who really knows ....????

Edited by PeLLaSG0S, 21 February 2018 - 07:47 PM.

Ardougne #18 Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

You obviously have a right to your opinion, Pellasgos. I don't think anybody would be able to change it. Best of luck.

For anybody who may be interested to know it:

There are 8 developers on the discord server, several of whom are active daily such as Josh and Declan so that they can help players with questions or bugs.

There are 17 members of the Wargaming staff there, from all regions, also to help answer questions as they come up.

There are in total, 2745 users in the server, minus 3 bots that we use for various tasks.

We have a role system to help players find parties.

Of those 2742 users:

264 have self-identified as EU.

188 have self-identified as NA.

36 have self-identified as ASIA/OCEANIA.

29 have self-identified as RU/CIS.

To help manage the discord server we have 12 moderators, including myself.

Because we have multiple language channels, we have moderators for those languages.

German, Polish and Spanish.

All of the subreddit moderators are there as well, in case you need assistance or need to report a thread quickly. There are 9 subreddit moderators, again including myself.

You are welcome to view the discord server stats since one of our bots was added. http://www.carbonite...210492131704832

That's pretty much all I have to say about this. I don't control Wargaming's decision, but I'm willing to support their decision. I'm thankful they saw value in the community building that we have been doing and I hope the community can be helpful to others. I hope when they do establish their future unspecified global platform as discussed in their announcement post that it can be everything you all hoped it would be. Until then, I am going to continue putting effort into the discord server and subreddit so that players find value in it.

Please provide any suggestions you may have, for either the discord or subreddit. We'd be happy to consider them.

Vrabies #19 Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:58 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

all that talking with only 2700 members? if that discord channel will be used by everybody, how will the chat look with 5k, 10k, 20k, 100k members?

PeLLaSG0S #20 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Everyone including me joined that channel because we mislead that your channel is an official one....

Why dont  you say openly here....Is your channel an official WG one?

Are you the owner of that channel yes or no?

Anyone can invite those 3000 members....including wg and ca staff....so what?

That makes you an official channel? NO!

and finally....let us guess....the same people who are admins in your channel are admins in reddit right?Are you sponsored by reddit?

Because this is what we see.... under your name...

We want an official DISCORD CHANNEL BY EITHER WG OR CA....AND OUR FORUMS....WE DONT WANT REDDIT....

1 user(s) are reading this topic