Player Relation message: For the Community by the Community

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

AstraeusTheTitan #61 Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:48 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View Post5D__Ardez, on 21 February 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

1. We have enabled a robust link flair system that can be used to sort entries by various types and filter out entries they are not interested in. By clicking one button they can see the posts relevant to their purpose.

Come again?  For me, a reddit noob, how exactly do I find and read a thread of interest, and not have to wade through tons of crap?

MaDPL #62 Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:22 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Ok, screw it, I made a genuine unofficial Total War: Arena temporary forum.

http://totalwararena.phorum.pl/

The interface will be in Polish I think but we have such wonders of technology as Google translator that traslates entire sites. It's only temporary anyway as there will be no point using it once the official forum is back.

"We'll count them when we'll kill them"Jan Karol Chodkiewicz

--

3507 battles in the Steam version. Cavalry virtuoso.

Smacks21 #63 Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:56 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
TW:À - first game without an official forum loool.

What à bad décision. But I agree with something : you are actually very bad on forums (no news, no com,...)

arpe83 #64 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:04 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I think slogan

"For the Community by the Community" he insults us. We have community on the forum 41k members no in other platforms !

Raider_Tr #65 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:53 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Wow that's a joke right?
RIGHT?

Akriom #66 Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:29 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator

Hey everyone, 

Really sorry about this and while I understand your worries this is not a sustainable model. First because as we are divided by regions we currently can't have a unified forum. Also, as Open beta will bring more and more people, we wanted to be able to respond to everyone and have devs go to one place instead of 3 different forums. That being said, we are looking into solutions for this.

To answer some comments I've seen which I actually can explain why we took that decision despite what you think are proofs we shouldn't:

- Actually out of these 41k members most are inactive. In truth our metrics show that the level of activity here is very low.

- Regarding having all information in one place, we already do. We have a website for this: www.totalwararena.com All The other channels are here to ensure people don't miss it.

- If you manage to do a fan site-foruml, we're more than happy to promote it to help you build an even bigger community - that is not an issue.

- Having a poll only on forums asking if we should or not take forums down would not have a surprising result. About maximum a 100 maybe 200 replies, with 20-30% not sure/ok with it and 50-60% minimum saying no. Go to a specific area and tell them they all need to move to another area and ask them what they think about it. Obviously, most of them would want to stay. 

- FYI - On reddit you have the option to sort out by new, so you can read the latest answer at the top and so go from bottom to top to follow the discussion as it happened.

- Going into Open Beta we want to be sure that the information and the dialogue with the devs works best. Obviously devs can't go to 3 forums, and as atm we can't have a unified forum that would suit our needs it made sense for us to go where we see more activity.

I know this won't satisfy some of you but I hope that it will at least help you all have a better understanding of our intentions. And no we're not planning the downfall of the world with the illuminatis (that would be cool on my CV thought...)

Thanks for sharing your concerns and you have been read.

Akriom

Weskerrr #67 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

View PostAkriom, on 22 February 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

And no we're not planning the downfall of the world with the illuminatis (that would be cool on my CV thought...)

L   I   E   S
Patch notes for Closed Beta will be very very very very long.
Kappa
You can quote me on that ~Mistrzu

Quo_usque_pro_victoria #68 Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

View PostAkriom, on 22 February 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

- Having a poll only on forums asking if we should or not take forums down would not have a surprising result. About maximum a 100 maybe 200 replies, with 20-30% not sure/ok with it and 50-60% minimum saying no. Go to a specific area and tell them they all need to move to another area and ask them what they think about it. Obviously, most of them would want to stay. 

- FYI - On reddit you have the option to sort out by new, so you can read the latest answer at the top and so go from bottom to top to follow the discussion as it happened.

Thanks for answering, first :)

I saw that you could sort some time after I wrote my post, so one con removed ^^.

About the poll, maybe it wasn't necessary (and probably the results would have been like you said), but asking the community first would have been useful, just to determine what would be the issues that would (could) happen and to have some suggestions about the organization and to have time to prepare ourselves, as well as to let the moderators organize everything :).

Then, the issue with the bug Megathread still stays and unless there is a way to import fils in a comment (I know that you can import some if you create a thread only about that.) that would be the most important issue about Reddit. A "solution" (although it would be somewhat complicated) would be, for the bugs that need a file, to put the link of the thread where you put the file in the bug Megathread. Then, I'm new to Reddit, so there might be a way to import files in a comment.

Edited by Quo_usque_pro_victoria, 22 February 2018 - 08:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users