Player Relation message: For the Community by the Community

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Weskerrr #21 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

View PostPaganwitch, on 20 February 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

wwell seams we have pretorian grup wich looks be aginst it.. thy should be "bridge" btween players and dev.. bu sams dev totaly dont care about what player wann..
corect me if i am wrong

Kind of, but not really. I'm an example of people who are for the new forum, but against Reddit/Discord for that purpose.

Nikolaj, as you can see, is against the change entirely.
We're all individuals, as are all non-Praetorians.
Patch notes for Closed Beta will be very very very very long.
Kappa
You can quote me on that ~Mistrzu

Tekay85 #22 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostPaganwitch, on 20 February 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

wwell seams we have pretorian grup wich looks be aginst it.. thy should be "bridge" btween players and dev.. bu sams dev totaly dont care about what player wann..
corect me if i am wrong

Are the pretorians kind off supertester?

Kingnikolaj #23 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian

View PostPaganwitch, on 20 February 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

corect me if i am wrong

I don't talk on behalf of the praetorians here, I talk on behalf of myself in this matter... but it's still not for the players nor for them

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

Paganwitch #24 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
well i dotn know how much  pret is here 20? but well from what i hear you maybe not agree on new form but youa re aginst this change so its cleear thsi came not from players..
Some games and company also oferend return spend money during beta test if player ask i think WG aint one of them?

Weskerrr #25 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

They didn't do anything so drastic that would warrant a return of money.

Like they said, the forums are supposed to return at some point, where we'll ge together with people from NA and SEA,
They're not shutting down the forums completely.

Also the activity here has been decreasing, so I'm not surprised that they're doing that.

Edited by Weskerrr, 20 February 2018 - 04:18 PM.

Kappa

Pyrdacor #26 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:29 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I had actually hoped to find out in the announcement something about when the sub forums will finally come in the national languages.
But unfortunately, nothing!

german version below:

Ich hatte eigentlich gehofft, in der Ankündigung auch etwas darüber zu erfahren, wann denn nun endlich die Unterforen in den Landessprachen kommen.
Aber leider Fehlanzeige!

The_Shanks #27 Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I was so excited about the game going to Open Beta that i was going to make a post in the tavern to say im back, look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield again etc etc......then i read this BS about the forums. Way to go WG. So you want me to go from an organised well presented forum to the train wreck that is Reddit or Discord.

Do you intend to do this for the other Wargaming titles???????

Spartan_93 #28 Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

You mean, in future i will need a Reddit-Account and a Discord-Account?

Sorry, but that is very stupid.

You have a homepage/website for TW:A and you have forum for TW:A. They should be the main channels for information, just like in WoT or WoWs.

They use the WG-Account for all interaction and they should be improved.

But actually the TW:A fails to use them. You have a working system (homepage + forum), but you spread infos to so many channels that there is only confussion.

The only reason why i visit a website of Reddit or Discord is, because the TW:A-Teams fails in communication and there are nice and helpfull commuunitymembers which link those informations into the forum or sum up the infos into a forum-thread.

OK. I have a question for the Q&A: "Can I join discussions on Reddit/Discord without having a Reddit-/Discord-Account?" If not, they are useless and annoying and it will destroy the community!

Edited by Spartan_93, 20 February 2018 - 07:02 PM.

ChaiDogsLiveLongNProsper #29 Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:34 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
you are right. forum is a place for a few shytposters. 

RaptorAbt #30 Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:51 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

@Akriom - Personally i am very disappointed by this decision to close this TW-A Forum and move to the suggested platforms, I like the current WG modus operandi for the Forums (WoT, WoWs & WoWp) which are all easily accessible from my PC. I don't do Social media apps, must be an age thing!  What was wrong with making this Forum into a combined "Improved English Language" Forum for OB and beyond?  I see the deft hand of Techies at play in this decision. We are all not savvy IT people with iPhones.

As mentioned above, the reason for the "drop in community activity is because we are all waiting for the "WIPE", it would have been pointless "grinding" up the Tiers (my personal target was research up to Tier IV) just to see it all disappear. I went through enough on WoWs with several wipes, Captain resets, Tech Tree shuffles etc...

Getting off my soap box now.....  :angry:

SUNTZU_Mistrzu #31 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:38 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

View PostAkriom, on 20 February 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Hey everyone,

I understand why this is a concern from you all, this however doesn't mean we're abandoning the forums, we are just taking the opportunity of going into Open beta to look for new solutions. in the meantime, we also want to go and communicate with the community where we can find you all in one place.

Unfortunately, there isn't much people coming on forums despite the constant promotion we did for our forums in our news article. 

Our goal here is to ensure you get more information and better communication form the devs directly. Which isn't possible with 3 different forums. While having 1 Reddit makes it easier.

That being said, we are here to listen to see what you guys think and how we can adjust. so forums aren't dead, just transforming and we're looking at how we can accomplish this.

Forum should be one place where all announcements from Twitter, Facebook, Discord, Reddit etc. are gathered in one place. Instead, the opposite happened, the information was everywhere but on forums. And then you are surprised that not that many people visit forums. So no, you didn't promote forums, nowhere near as much as you promoted other platforms.
Want to talk to devs? Go to Discord.

Want to know about upcoming streams? Go to Twitter.

Want to take part in AUA? Go to Reddit. Not to mention that you haven't listen to community feedback about organisation of those AUAs at all and nothing has improved between AUA #2 and #3.

I will be waiting for the new, refined forum to arrive. Reddit simply doesn't have a necessary structure to support what this community needs. Reddit is good for content creators and quick discussions and this is what it should be used for, not as a multi-purpose platform for the community to provide well developed feedback over longer period of time, organise events, make announcements etc.
What is going to happen is that instead of centralising things you will decentralise it and further divide the community between different platforms that will refuse to go to offcial reddit and discord and will flock to other various places where some constructive conversation can actually be held without immediately being shut down by some toxic groups and not drown in an endless spam.

One of the biggest downsides is that accounts aren't linked to WG accounts. I can't check who's who in game, something that is very important when organising things.

How to unlock the "Ultimate YOLO MID RUSH" achievement: https://clips.twitch...llyKaleImGlitch

Ardougne #32 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSUNTZU_Mistrzu, on 20 February 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

What is going to happen is that instead of centralising things you will decentralise it and further divide the community between different platforms that will refuse to go to offcial reddit and discord and will flock to other various places where some constructive conversation can actually be held without immediately being shut down by some toxic groups and not drown in an endless spam.

Do you have any specific examples of this so far with TWA? I'd like to ensure that we don't run into any issues like that.

Bronze_Spear #33 Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:40 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAkriom, on 20 February 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

Hey everyone,

I understand why this is a concern from you all, this however doesn't mean we're abandoning the forums, we are just taking the opportunity of going into Open beta to look for new solutions. in the meantime, we also want to go and communicate with the community where we can find you all in one place.

Unfortunately, there isn't much people coming on forums despite the constant promotion we did for our forums in our news article.

Our goal here is to ensure you get more information and better communication form the devs directly. Which isn't possible with 3 different forums. While having 1 Reddit makes it easier.

That being said, we are here to listen to see what you guys think and how we can adjust. so forums aren't dead, just transforming and we're looking at how we can accomplish this.

LoL, the forums lost a lot of hits when the FAKE "Official Discord server" was allowed to be FALSELY advertised as OFFICIAL that's when the forums went down hill as that Discord is ran by a horrible bunch (actually there was big thread about this LONG ago that got deleted all in favoritism of the FAKE "Official Discord" XD).............So luck to all  and may the community RIP...........This is just plain non sense

As a matter of fact that particular DISCORD has the American side player base so castrated that NO ONE will dare ever speak out against the people who are in control of it on the NA forum.............They use their Pretorian status to make all the people think they have some ALL mighty power and can make it hard on any who oppose them to be able to enjoy the game so people just KEEP QUIET............That's pure garbage for the community........XD...........AE outzzzzz and to all a merry LATERzzzzzzz

Edited by Bronze_Spear, 21 February 2018 - 12:46 AM.

Ardougne #34 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:18 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostWeskerrr, on 20 February 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

The goal isn't to get everyone in on the new forums, it's to unify the people who want to use the forums, no matter the region (apart from the Russians).

Also losing some old forum members isn't bad at all. If their interest in Arena wasn't amazing in the first place, they won't come to the new forums.
These forums are dying anyways (remember how much more active people were when we started the CBT? Or even better, the Alpha tests?) so losing a few more on top of that isn't dramatic at all.

Personally I'm against the choice of Reddit and Discord because of how unorganized they are.

Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve that or is your statement about organization based on the platforms themselves rather than how they are being run?

Weskerrr #35 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:00 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

View Post5D__Ardez, on 21 February 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve that or is your statement about organization based on the platforms themselves rather than how they are being run?

It's about the platforms.
Reddit isn't the easiest thing in the world to use for purposes of posting feedback, getting it seen and recieving responses, due to the either newest, the most popular or the most whatever posts being on the front page, while many other potentially interesting threads fall onto the later pages.

This could lead to the loss of potentially great feedback or an interesting suggestion among others.

Discord is something I personally like, but it's lack of threads, comments on posts and such make it impossible to organize, unless you create text channels for each topic, which is horrible to navigate and can slow things down drastically.

How exactly you guys will handle the whole situation remains to be seen, but I don't think that the given platforms will allow you to bring out the potential of our community, including yourselves.

Best of luck with it in any case!

Kappa

arpe83 #36 Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:46 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Forum have 40,689 Total Members for a close beta ! And you want close this and destroy community, a terrible decision.

Edited by arpe83, 21 February 2018 - 06:47 AM.

TWR_Khan_Asparukh #37 Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAkriom, on 20 February 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

we have made the decision to close the forums and centralize our English-speaking community via reddit and Discord.

no offence, but .....

As long as i remember TW games had centralized forum in  English. So much information requires structure. How on earth is this going to happen on Reddit/Discord is beyond me. 

Edited by TWR_Khan_Asparukh, 21 February 2018 - 07:28 AM.

SUNTZU_JoJo #38 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:10 AM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

Personally, ever since I heard the news, I felt a mixture of emotions.

Sad, disappointed, worried, apprehensive, curious, and in the end...somwhat optimistic.

All in that specific order.

I remain cautiously optimistic and, even though I have my doubts about the change (having gotten used to these forums after 15 months of activity), I am willing to give it a try.

If it turns into a more dynamic type of "player feedback VS dev's responses" then I'm all for it.

However if it turns into one big wall of text, where you cannot differentiate good feedback from a toxic rant, then I'm afraid this could backfire.

Please remember, the only reason why I am expressing my concerns, as an individual, is because I deeply care about this game, and will continue to do so, for as long as I can.

:hiding:(some will hate me for saying this but I will say it anyways):hiding:

{If you can't beat them, join them}

BRING IT ON!

See you all on Reddit. :B

Edited by SUNTZU_JoJo, 21 February 2018 - 08:44 AM.

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

Spartan_93 #39 Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:44 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

If I need a Reddit-/Discord-Account, you will not see me at Reddit.

But I really like TW:A, and i think the shut down of the forum is a very big regress for the community.

Edit: I know Reddit only for some ST leaking something and or about some speculations about new content. For this it may be ok, but for an official channel from/for the developer/TW:A it seems for me purely unsound and nonprofessional. I completly dislike this idea.

Edited by Spartan_93, 21 February 2018 - 09:50 AM.

_Hobnobz_ #40 Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:15 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

This is truly a bad decision. You should have left us on the TW:A CA English speaking forum but you split the the community and moved us here. People complained about splitting us at the time but nobody listened and now you want to put us back together on reddit! Really. Giving out different info on Facebook, Twitter, reddit & forums makes it hard for us  to keep up with things. All information should be in one place so it is easy to find and follow (the official forum) and only then additionaly put this info on other social media to spread the word.

The decisions made have been all round bad and moving to reddit is the icing on the epic fail cake. Every game has a forum even indie games. PLEASE learn from your mistakes and learn how to communicate properly to your customers. I won't be using reddit or discord.

2 user(s) are reading this topic