Player Relation message: For the Community by the Community

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Akriom #1 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator

Hey everyone!

If you haven't read yet, we have made the decision to close the forums and centralize our English-speaking community via reddit and Discord. (More information on this and why here.)

Forums will stay open until Open Beta starts. At which time forums will be fully archived (but still accessible - in a read only format).

As said in the article this doesn't mean we are closing the forums for ever, btu we need to work on a new format that will better suit our needs for you, our Community.

Please feel free to keep on using the forums until then.

To join our community hosted platforms click on these links: Reddit and Discord.

Thanks for your continued support!

Paganwitch #2 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
i see this game goes rly down .. those paches no com and now close forum bye bye arena

Weskerrr #3 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian
Someone here doesn't understand the word "Centralize".
Or the complaints that EU and NA are split.
Or that it's really difficult to coordinate between regions.
Patch notes for Closed Beta will be very very very very long.
Kappa
You can quote me on that ~Mistrzu

arpe83 #4 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Big sorry it is my first negative opinion.

When forum will be closed you will be shot in the foot.

Edited by arpe83, 20 February 2018 - 02:11 PM.

Shaun_Rasmussen #5 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:14 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Ya kinda late in the process for this to happen.  

Paganwitch #6 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
this si big fail and its last drop  for me..  reret money spend but i try offer this acc to some of my friends  maybe i get money back..
I may not agree with all changes becouse there is no game in world wich is perfect for everyone but this is over line..  This forum wwas good lot of topics and feedbacks + minimum troll topic etcand thy close it for no reason just becouse thy wish put alll on discord adn redit ?  I have nothing personal aginst redit but this forum is better..

Dhilys #7 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Still closing down the forum in favor of a reddit is raising the bar a lot for community participation/creation. A forum is the first top for any player looking to be engaged with a game...

Paganwitch #8 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
maybe its good thy showed their true form now than later after 1 year of relase.. so lot of saved time for me..  and i cna focus on new TW titles and not waste time in arena.. I was very sceptic about this game when i hard it will be dev by WG . Now i see i was right ..  WG is typical russian company thy think thy are best and know everything bet but truth is opozite

Dhilys #9 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostPaganwitch, on 20 February 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

maybe its good thy showed their true form now than later after 1 year of relase.. so lot of saved time for me..  and i cna focus on new TW titles and not waste time in arena.. I was very sceptic about this game when i hard it will be dev by WG . Now i see i was right ..  WG is typical russian company thy think thy are best and know everything bet but truth is opozite

its a bad move. especially cause they wil keep the russian language forum open. players looking for a first stop answer will get a russian forum and or a chaotic reddit, it wil turn off people. Seriously that anyone thinks different is kinda strange... Atleast integrate it with CA's total war forum... huge let down tbh

Edited by Dhilys, 20 February 2018 - 03:00 PM.

Paganwitch #10 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
how i said i will flee " battlefield " whoile i can becouse WG stupidity cannot be beaten :)

Akriom #11 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator

Hey everyone,

I understand why this is a concern from you all, this however doesn't mean we're abandoning the forums, we are just taking the opportunity of going into Open beta to look for new solutions. in the meantime, we also want to go and communicate with the community where we can find you all in one place.

Unfortunately, there isn't much people coming on forums despite the constant promotion we did for our forums in our news article. 

Our goal here is to ensure you get more information and better communication form the devs directly. Which isn't possible with 3 different forums. While having 1 Reddit makes it easier.

That being said, we are here to listen to see what you guys think and how we can adjust. so forums aren't dead, just transforming and we're looking at how we can accomplish this.

Edited by Akriom, 20 February 2018 - 02:54 PM.

Paganwitch #12 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I understand but if you think more ppl will come on new forum ur naive.. there will be always certain % of comunity who will never go on forum no matter what you do .. and now when you move old forum to new one you will also lose big part of old forum member.. so in best result you will staay on same numbers.. But its very unlikely.. There is about 80% chance than result of this will only drop number of ppl who are active on foru,.. Perosnaly i dotn liek redit becouse ots chaotic so i wont go there  and same on discord discord is fine coice chat but as text chanel is totaly messy

Weskerrr #13 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

View PostPaganwitch, on 20 February 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

there will be always certain % of comunity who will never go on forum no matter what you do .. and now when you move old forum to new one you will also lose big part of old forum member..

The goal isn't to get everyone in on the new forums, it's to unify the people who want to use the forums, no matter the region (apart from the Russians).

Also losing some old forum members isn't bad at all. If their interest in Arena wasn't amazing in the first place, they won't come to the new forums.
These forums are dying anyways (remember how much more active people were when we started the CBT? Or even better, the Alpha tests?) so losing a few more on top of that isn't dramatic at all.

Personally I'm against the choice of Reddit and Discord because of how unorganized they are.
Patch notes for Closed Beta will be very very very very long.
Kappa
You can quote me on that ~Mistrzu

Paganwitch #14 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
well drop activity is normal when we were close to CB end..  now when more ppl will come thy just shut down forum.. honestly only idiot could make this choice.. How i said typical WG typical russians.. Thhy keep russian forum becouse russian think thy are bets on world and other forum shut down. .

Akriom #15 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator
We're actually having a vocal Q&A about this on Discord right now: https://discord.gg/Csm7Y If you want to ask questions about this feel welcome to come and ask. :)

Tekay85 #16 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAkriom, on 20 February 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

Hey everyone,

I understand why this is a concern from you all, this however doesn't mean we're abandoning the forums, we are just taking the opportunity of going into Open beta to look for new solutions. in the meantime, we also want to go and communicate with the community where we can find you all in one place.

Unfortunately, there isn't much people coming on forums despite the constant promotion we did for our forums in our news article. 

Our goal here is to ensure you get more information and better communication form the devs directly. Which isn't possible with 3 different forums. While having 1 Reddit makes it easier.

That being said, we are here to listen to see what you guys think and how we can adjust. so forums aren't dead, just transforming and we're looking at how we can accomplish this.

You are in closed beta, how many users in the forum did u guys expect?

Ask ur guys from wows, forum was empty in closed beta and get filled when the game was released, what is logical...

So this is the baddest idea ever!

And what you mean with promotion for the forum?

PS: Just be honest and say WG dont want to invest in hardware, admins and mods for the forum.

Edited by Tekay85, 20 February 2018 - 03:33 PM.

Dhilys #17 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAkriom, on 20 February 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

We're actually having a vocal Q&A about this on Discord right now: https://discord.gg/Csm7Y If you want to ask questions about this feel welcome to come and ask. :)

sadly i cant attend now but feel free to bring up the point in my stead ;)

Paganwitch #18 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:43 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
ofc thy dotn wanan invest thyy just wish milk money from game look at premium shop etc

Kingnikolaj #19 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian

This is not for the players nor by the players.. It's by some higherstanding power that made a call 'cause forum didn't go 100% as they wanted.

If I'm wrong give me a ful made list over the each and every reason 

Edited by Kingnikolaj, 20 February 2018 - 03:45 PM.

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

Paganwitch #20 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:55 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
wwell seams we have pretorian grup wich looks be aginst it.. thy should be "bridge" btween players and dev.. bu sams dev totaly dont care about what player wann..
corect me if i am wrong

5 user(s) are reading this topic