Hello

We can see some new balance on reddit:

https://www.reddit.c...tch_30_preview/

New map Teutoburg Forest:

https://i.imgur.com/AW2ATsl.jpg

Paganwitch #2 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
you kiddingme? no bug fix no charge rework nothing? now when servers are down was only chance to fix major problems in game and instead of thy made new map? WTF seriusly? what WG and pretorians do ? nothing as always ha?Even WG staff stop comunicate on forum for sure..

arpe83 #3 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:38 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
But it is not a full patch notes. Only some changes.

Shaun_Rasmussen #4 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Please tell me that is a typo about barrage duration bring increased By 2 seconds in exchange for 15%  reload speed decrease.  Barrage buffed wtf.  

Good job on defiance tho.  Not sure how this really short deactivation time will play out, but nice to see they acknowledged it was too strong, especially with cav.   Alexander cav can now anvil and run, along with most other units with speed debuffs can get away even from cav.   This will make players be more selective about when they use defiance and will make very cav players actually have to try  

HoR_i_ZoN #5 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostShaun_Rasmussen, on 20 February 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

Please tell me that is a typo about barrage duration bring increased By 2 seconds in exchange for 15%  reload speed decrease.  Barrage buffed wtf.

Its not a buff mate......Also don't stand still?

-IDE- Ω∙Σ∙Ξ∙G∙Λ

Paganwitch #6 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:53 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

i understand its not full patch but bigest problem atm is charge.. so  this should be on top list to do and it shoudl be in previes..
Charge mechanism is made by some imbecil  who never played any historical game.. atleast its seams to be.. Becouse i never heard about inf chargee win over cav or bout 2 cav charge and one have 0 loses while second get wiped..
With charge meechanism lie this game is cuently in some "fun mode play"   But if you wish take this game seriusly you cannot.
one big + for arage but barage shoudl get rework.. Not this ..

barage should geve 0 AS but + AP dmg.. Still arch will fore faster than legolas.

Shaun_Rasmussen #7 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostHoR_i_ZoN, on 20 February 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Its not a buff mate......Also don't stand still?

How is it not a buff?  66% longer duration against -15% reload speed.  Most good players shoot barrage into units that are engaged in combat, so the whole "don't stand still" thing doesn't help.  Thanks for the advice tho lol .

HoR_i_ZoN #8 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostShaun_Rasmussen, on 20 February 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

How is it not a buff?  66% longer duration against -15% reload speed.  Most good players shoot barrage into units that are engaged in combat, so the whole "don't stand still" thing doesn't help.  Thanks for the advice tho lol .

Overall it still does less damage

-IDE- Ω∙Σ∙Ξ∙G∙Λ

HoR_i_ZoN #9 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
The thing is it was too bursty.  Now it's slowed down a bit without making it mediocre whilst giving players a chance to dodge where possible

-IDE- Ω∙Σ∙Ξ∙G∙Λ

Weskerrr #10 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

View PostHoR_i_ZoN, on 20 February 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

The thing is it was too bursty.  Now it's slowed down a bit without making it mediocre whilst giving players a chance to dodge where possible

I'd expect it to work exactly like this.

You should be able to dodge more shots because they won't land on top of you within a nanosecond.
Patch notes for Closed Beta will be very very very very long.
Kappa
You can quote me on that ~Mistrzu

Shaun_Rasmussen #11 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostHoR_i_ZoN, on 20 February 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Overall it still does less damage

it doesn't take a mathematician to see that more arrows will fly overall with this change.  This equals more damage if fired on you when already engaged or if slowed by speed debuff and not playing Leo, germ, or Roman cav (raise shields broken).  Should have just dropped the reload speed 15% and left duration the same.  

HoR_i_ZoN #12 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:16 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Less dps

-IDE- Ω∙Σ∙Ξ∙G∙Λ

RVallez #13 Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Decreasing it's reload time gives players the opportunity to dodge arrows or/and get out of their range without taking severe amount of damage. It is indeed a nerf. But if used correctly can do even more damage than before (shooting engaged units from the back / sides) which in my vision rewards good positioning and teamwork. Nothing wrong there.

Shaun_Rasmussen #14 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:31 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Yes it will do more overall damage and won't take much more skill to do so.  Having played hundreds of rounds with archers and a few thousand rounds with barbarians,  I can tell you just to barrage into barbarians that are engaged with your more heavily armored teammates.  Your whole barrage will land while doing minimal ff.  Not difficult at all.   I see this getting nerfed once ppl's elephants start melting to a more deadly barrage.  Firing into eles engaged with your armored teammates, which is the whole point of elephants, will have a lot of ppl complaining.  This with the influx of new players who haven't yet seen barrage will make barrage one of the things to get addressed the first patch after 3.0.   Just watch. 

With things like this and a lot of the answers in today's AMA on Reddit, I am losing faith in this game.  I feel the devs don't really understand how their game actually plays.  They are looking a lot at global statistics and seeing what factions and units are played along with what is scoring well and winning without understanding the why.  Huge companies like the ones involved in this game really should hire a core group of skilled players to play this game at high tiers amongst themselves and in community games seeing what is working and what isn't, comparing that with their predictions in the pipeline of what would happen.  Metadata is great, but this game needs more.  

Edited by Shaun_Rasmussen, 20 February 2018 - 09:38 PM.

Bronze_Spear #15 Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:50 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
LoL, if you wanna see the rest then go on the Discord XD...............

Ardougne #16 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:20 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostBronze_Spear, on 21 February 2018 - 12:50 AM, said:

LoL, if you wanna see the rest then go on the Discord XD...............

Actually, the discord and subreddit don't have the full patch notes. They haven't been released yet. While I appreciate your sarcasm, please don't falsely advertise things that are untrue. We wouldn't want any misunderstandings.

Bronze_Spear #17 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:04 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View Post5D__Ardez, on 20 February 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

Actually, the discord and subreddit don't have the full patch notes. They haven't been released yet. While I appreciate your sarcasm, please don't falsely advertise things that are untrue. We wouldn't want any misunderstandings.

What like when yall were allowed to advertise that Discord as "OFFICIAL" to confuse many hundreds of new players MONTHS before it was joined by WG employees?????? WELL if y'all can/could do it then shouldn't everybody be able to falsely advertise what they want???

HoR_i_ZoN #18 Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:51 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostShaun_Rasmussen, on 20 February 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

Yes it will do more overall damage and won't take much more skill to do so.  Having played hundreds of rounds with archers and a few thousand rounds with barbarians,  I can tell you just to barrage into barbarians that are engaged with your more heavily armored teammates.  Your whole barrage will land while doing minimal ff.  Not difficult at all.   I see this getting nerfed once ppl's elephants start melting to a more deadly barrage.  Firing into eles engaged with your armored teammates, which is the whole point of elephants, will have a lot of ppl complaining.  This with the influx of new players who haven't yet seen barrage will make barrage one of the things to get addressed the first patch after 3.0.   Just watch. 

With things like this and a lot of the answers in today's AMA on Reddit, I am losing faith in this game.  I feel the devs don't really understand how their game actually plays.  They are looking a lot at global statistics and seeing what factions and units are played along with what is scoring well and winning without understanding the why.  Huge companies like the ones involved in this game really should hire a core group of skilled players to play this game at high tiers amongst themselves and in community games seeing what is working and what isn't, comparing that with their predictions in the pipeline of what would happen.  Metadata is great, but this game needs more.  

First of all the amount of time you've spent playing means nothing.  I know players who've played the game for 3 years and they still perform badly while others have learned much more in a shorter period.  Also don't forget that Ele's with undoubtedly have the highest armour rating so arrows with hit them like wet noodles, not to mention that barrage reduces AP value of arrows.

To me it just sounds like you want archers nurfed so you can roam with filthy barbarians with impunity :teethhappy:

-IDE- Ω∙Σ∙Ξ∙G∙Λ

Shaun_Rasmussen #19 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:36 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Horizon you are not a very good player.  Played with you many times, so I stopped responding to you when you said "less dps" earlier in this thread.  It's clear you aren't smart enough to do basic math so hard to talk to you on here.  Your defiance got nerfed so now you will be even worse.   

nikepetros #20 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostShaun_Rasmussen, on 20 February 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

it doesn't take a mathematician to see that more arrows will fly overall with this change.  This equals more damage if fired on you when already engaged or if slowed by speed debuff and not playing Leo, germ, or Roman cav (raise shields broken).  Should have just dropped the reload speed 15% and left duration the same.  

Horizon dude is right:

base barrage

5 sec duration /(4 sec reload *35%)= 3,57 + 1 (i guess the initial shot is at time 0) = 4,57 volley
3 sec duration /(4 sec reload *20%)= 3,75 +1 = 4,75 volley

max barrage
6 sec duration /(4sec reload * 25%)=6 volley +1 = 7 volley
4 sec duration /(4sec reload *10%)=10 +1 = 11 volley

CA did a good job on this, making the base barrage overall volley count not that different, but the max out one have a volley different of 4 volley.

Edited by nikepetros, 21 February 2018 - 03:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users