Immortals Program - Addressing concerns about tracking AFKs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Xeir #1 Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:20 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

https://www.reddit.com/r/TotalWarArena/comments/7xz6xj/immortals_program_addressing_concerns_about/

Block Quote

Hey folks,

In the last few days I've been listening to a lot of valid player concerns about how the in game UI does not reflect the number of AFK games a player has accrued as part of the final tally for their rewards tier.

It's unfair of us, as publishers and developers, to expect for players to manually track their own AFKs, especially as the Closed Beta phase lasted for over 6 months and for some, thousands of games. While I believe that we can all agree that players who maliciously AFK should not be rewarded, we cannot make a blanket assumption that all players did so with the intent of being rewarded for no effort. In essence, you should be afforded the respect of being presumed innocent.

As a result, we've come to this, hopefully, reasonable compromise:

We will automatically deduct up a number of AFK flags equal to up to 3% of your total victories. What does this look like as an example?

Victories 3% (Rounded) Tolerated AFKs
1 0.03 0
25 .75 1
50 1.5 2
100 3 3
200 6 6
400 12 12
800 24 24

So if you're sitting at any of these levels, you should know that you have this much of a "buffer" for lack of a better term. This should help you decide how many extra games you'd like to play, just in case.

To be clear, we agree 100% that the current UI solution isn't ideal, and for future such activities we commit to not making this kind of mistake again.

Thanks everyone and I hope you all have a great weekend on the battlefield.

-Z

+ comment 

Block Quote 

Afk Players are same as Disconnected ?

There is a different between AFK and DC, and we keep track of it in our count.

If you have been inactive in game for over 3 minutes, or leave the game while your troops are alive, you will be deemed AFK. If your game malfunctions and crashes or if you have network issues, you will be Disconnected, and the penalties do not apply to you.

Block Quote

what about the afks accrued from the Oath of Perseverance bug?

They are exempt.

We're able to tell those apart.

Edited by Xeir, 17 February 2018 - 12:27 PM.

Paganwitch #2 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
hm most of veterans we have about 1500K wins  but i addmit this can have some players on lower rewards. So nice job

Pyrdacor #3 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

As I said before:
if I look at how stingy the rewards for the closed test are, then any excitement about real/supposed AFK players is absolutely superfluous.

I'm still waiting for the announcement of a "memory premium unit" as it was in the "World of..."games of WG.

german version below:

Wie schon an anderer Stelle gesagt:
wenn ich mir anschaue, wie geizig die Belohnungen für den geschlossenen Test sind, dann ist jede Aufregung über echte/vermeintliche AFK-Spieler absolut überflüssig.

Ich warte ja immer noch auf die Ankündigung einer "Erinnerungs-Premiumeinheit" wie es sie bei den "World of..."-Spielen von WG gab.

Xeir #4 Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:20 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

@update

Block Quote

Even if you only have a few units left, if your troops stay alive for over 3 minutes, you will be marked AFK. Of course, if they waver and rout, it won't.

Even with just a few guys left, you can be of great use to your team if you stay alive and scout, give vision to others. So my advice is, if you're alive, keep up the fight. Your team will surely appreciate it.

Dhilys #5 Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostXeir, on 18 February 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

@update

My main problem with the AFK detection still is that when you have 3 guys left abd switch over to take over control of dconed player units the system will still flag you AFK as it only checks your own units. same with units on low tiers without abilities being locked in battle with no ability uses.. thats a serious oversight...

1 user(s) are reading this topic