Oath of stupidity

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

LeTurd #1 Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:36 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Oath of perseverance is broken . 8 different units COMPLETELY flanking 3 horse units all balled up for several minutes . Please explain how this is balanced . If you happen to not have the correct tools to kill an enemy somewhat easily without breaking morale how do you deal with this ? I understand that 3 archers with oath on would probably melt a bit faster than the horses did so I don't even want to imagine a tier 10 sword unit with this NONE ENDING ability. Not even Vici works on it which silences enemies which should really end it but nah lets just make an ability to make something borderline immortal " oh but they can't move whilst doing that" , it works in many situations where you cant just ignore 3 horses in your backline breaking your morale while you get hit in the front. If this op nonsense is allowed I don't see why slingers with barrage isn't .

SUNTZU_Mistrzu #2 Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian
Interesting title Posted Image
How to unlock the "Ultimate YOLO MID RUSH" achievement: https://clips.twitch...llyKaleImGlitch

Xeir #3 Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:27 AM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

While your indignation is quite normal i need disagree with your opinion since you lack of experience about oath. Someting what for you is OP for many players is easy to beat.

For example CEASAR can turn off most of skill in game so he can turn off oath then its easy to beat it.

Another example when you see someone turned oath on you can use it to beat him , if enemy will turn on this skill you can run away he won't catch you since with oath he have debuff for speed later you can easy back to battle and beat him, he don't have any more skills what help him fight in melee so you can beat him them.

what you sayed here its just simple example of 3 people what didin't get idea about they enemy its like attacking pikes from front and asking why he was so strong

Edited by Xeir, 17 February 2018 - 10:29 AM.

LeTurd #4 Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Ceaser can't I tried it , I said not even Vici works on it ,unless Vicii was bugged somehow also I've been playing this game since it was on steam so don't talk about experience . Also if you read what I said you'd see that I said they can't move but if they are in the back of your army while you are being hit from the front they make your army lose moral and even the 2nd line of 8 melee units can't deal with it.

Edited by LeTurd, 17 February 2018 - 12:35 PM.

LeTurd #5 Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
The thing is it shouldn't be indefinite and the more people surrounding it the weaker it should be . If you can have this broken ability and infinite testudo with 1000 arrows/javelins in it they should bring back the old phalanx and slingers with barage . Like you said there are ways to counter it but imagine you have 6 archers vs 3 swords , that's a situation where you can't do anything. And what if you don't have a Ceaser to counter oath? All other abilities on other generals can be outplayed to some degree in all situations. But specific situations like the archers vs swords or a unit with oath behind destroying moral can't be dealt with whatsoever .

Paganwitch #6 Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostXeir, on 17 February 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

While your indignation is quite normal i need disagree with your opinion since you lack of experience about oath. Someting what for you is OP for many players is easy to beat.

For example CEASAR can turn off most of skill in game so he can turn off oath then its easy to beat it.

Another example when you see someone turned oath on you can use it to beat him , if enemy will turn on this skill you can run away he won't catch you since with oath he have debuff for speed later you can easy back to battle and beat him, he don't have any more skills what help him fight in melee so you can beat him them.

what you sayed here its just simple example of 3 people what didin't get idea about they enemy its like attacking pikes from front and asking why he was so strong

man.. from you as pretorian i would except much bettter knowledge about game mechanism

Edited by Paganwitch, 17 February 2018 - 04:48 PM.

ChaiDogsLiveLongNProsper #7 Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:15 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
not like this....... I see why scipio is getting nerfed....... forum niewbie posters ruined the game

Paganwitch #8 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:10 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
well worst than oath is defiance..  it shoudl be aonly def or iron disc not both active if you active  defiance disc should end

HoR_i_ZoN #9 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:19 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
They took an oath to persevere to the very end.  It's probably the most accurate name of an ability in the game.

-IDE- Ω∙Σ∙Ξ∙G∙Λ

1 user(s) are reading this topic