Prem unit cost p2w model Arena vs WOT

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Paganwitch #1 Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

So maybe someone remember yesterday discusion about Arena model and about WoT mode and how model in WoT kill game..
Its clear WG try make same model in Arena wich mean game  will be fail if thy continue.
Becouse some players start defending WG how its not true. I speak with one WoT player who was in  1st 100 top players few year ago. He was hardcore player and he said " i stop becouse thy p2w model"
He laso said on start of the game  there was not p2w thy add slowly in time.  He also said WG as company make game only to milk money from players.  He is also hardcore TW player but he refuse to play arena just becouse he saw price in shop for ultimate bundle. He also said in WOT prem unit cost 30E wich is too much.  Seams to me WG is very stupid and did not learn from their mistake becouse in Arena price is same.

He also said  2500 gold shoudl cost max 10E and same price shoudl be for prem unit i totaly agree and i dotn understand why 1 tier prem unit cost 3550 and other cost 7650 .
Perosn who is pok to is MillBee and here is his profile https://en.wot-life....llBee-500957448
also here dear WG can see  what players think http://forum.totalwa...m-shop-prizes/  almost 90% players think your pice are too high..
So i hope when open beta came  you will change prem unit price and set normal real money price in shop. Otherwise  you ruin this game just before it started.

SUNTZU_JoJo #2 Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:02 AM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

View PostPaganwitch, on 08 February 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

So maybe someone remember yesterday discusion about Arena model and about WoT mode and how model in WoT kill game..
Its clear WG try make same model in Arena wich mean game  will be fail if thy continue.
Becouse some players start defending WG how its not true. I speak with one WoT player who was in  1st 100 top players few year ago. He was hardcore player and he said " i stop becouse thy p2w model"
He laso said on start of the game  there was not p2w thy add slowly in time.  He also said WG as company make game only to milk money from players.  He is also hardcore TW player but he refuse to play arena just becouse he saw price in shop for ultimate bundle. He also said in WOT prem unit cost 30E wich is too much.  Seams to me WG is very stupid and did not learn from their mistake becouse in Arena price is same.

He also said  2500 gold shoudl cost max 10E and same price shoudl be for prem unit i totaly agree and i dotn understand why 1 tier prem unit cost 3550 and other cost 7650 .
Perosn who is pok to is MillBee and here is his profile https://en.wot-life....llBee-500957448
also here dear WG can see  what players think http://forum.totalwa...m-shop-prizes/  almost 90% players think your pice are too high..
So i hope when open beta came  you will change prem unit price and set normal real money price in shop. Otherwise  you ruin this game just before it started.

Ah the goold'ol discussion on F2P & P2W.

From my understanding, all the premium units are in between a vanilla 'free' unit, and the same unit but full upgraded.

I am not aware of any Premium Unit that is 'hands on' stronger than their fully upgraded counterpart.

This directly counters the argument that it is P2W.

For me personally, this is the first EVER F2P game where I have invested real money (and that goes for all F2P games, on PC & Mobile phone, etc).

I invested real money because I want to see the development of this game reach new heights; and to support the developers.

One must also realise that the cost of a premium unit for, say, T6, is right next to a minimum of 4 unit types which are completely free (grindable).

I have no worries that this game will turn into a 'Premium Units rule' style of game - considering how different it is to other F2P models.

The ability to counter any unit (Premium or not) with the right strategy, makes this game stand out, compared to others.

Also, the cost of Premium units (in Gold alone) must be weighed against the fact that, once they are purchased, you need not pay silver to equip your roster with Premiums, meaning that those 3000-5000 silver costs for Unit Replenishment alone, can be put to better use or saved towards your next Free upgrade.

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

m0rgoth_ #3 Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

P2w and prices are two different things you know.

Premium units are not p2w yet, and i don't believe they will ever be. About, prices I' m pretty sure that after so many years wg uses the best model to maximize their profits. In my opinion the reason stuff is overpriced is just to sell more when they put a discount on them. Something that costs 10 euros on a 75% discount looks like a better deal than the same thing if it's cost was 10 euros in the beginning. Also there are people that would buy anything at any price, so there is no reason to not sell to them at first and advertise their stuff in game. 

Edited by m0rgoth_, 09 February 2018 - 12:00 PM.

" Creative Assembly, give me back my swordsmen! "  , Miltiades 2017

Paganwitch #4 Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:35 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

YOur argument about silver semas legit JOJO but still  if i buy one unit i will not need buy any other.. i cna sta at tier 4 -5 and use free  exp to convert. OK you save silver but at high tier you will have so much silver than you will never care about replenish..

thsi game its not directly p2w i used it becouse its hard to descripe maybe its p2 progeress?

Pyrdacor #5 Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:36 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Consider it this way: WG has the problem in "Total War" that premium units are needed much less than in the "World of..."games.
Because there is no longer a very important aspect that does not exist here. Namely the retraining of crews, pilots and captains to another vehicle.

So one desperately tries to create another incentive to make people buy premium units.

German version below:

Betrachte es mal so: WG hat in "Total War" das Problem, dass hier Premiumeinheiten deutlich weniger benötigt werden als in den "World of...."-Spielen.
Denn es fällt ein ganz wichtiger Aspekt weg, den es hier nicht gibt. Nämlich die Umschulung von Besatzungen, Piloten, Kapitänen auf ein anderes Fahrzeug.

Also versucht man verzweifelt, einen anderen Anreiz zu schaffen, damit sich die Leute Premiumeinheiten kaufen.

Paganwitch #6 Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
i agree with yyou but this aint reason make price insame . quiet opozite when prme units arent need so much thy should cost much less .
You said it.. Why i shoudl buy somthign what is so expensive and i dont need it?

AstraeusTheTitan #7 Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSUNTZU_JoJo, on 09 February 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

From my understanding, all the premium units are in between a vanilla 'free' unit, and the same unit but full upgraded.

This oath from the devs is why I do not worry.  Failing that, CA has plenty of fresh TW titles on the horizon to spend my money on, and i'll drop TWA like a hot celtic potato.  :)

Paganwitch #8 Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
yeh rena si fine but  WG shoudl rly start think ebcouse about 80% here are TW title players so if thy set price high .. well we just buyyy new TW title and bye bye WG

ChaiDogsLiveLongNProsper #9 Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:08 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

this guy's WOT stats are pretty bad. how did he make it to the top 100...

there's simply no free game in the world

however I am against rasing the gear upgrade cost by this much which promotes pay to win (or pay to progress)

Paganwitch #10 Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
well thhis guys played few yers ago how i said before .. he was in top 100  in 2014 ... He end with game becouse sty start add more p2w elements in game.. this shoould be warning for WG becouse he is not only one i heard many  good WoT stop play bcouse of this.

Diabetius #11 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:53 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
In WoWS they have managed the "issue" with premiums better than in WoT by not making the premiums weaker or stronger than regular tree units, but making them different. They have different characteristics that make them a different addition to a battle than a regular ship (at least most premiums work that way). Let's hope that this will be the case for Arena too, as WoT premiums could be directly compared to regular tanks and thus be labeled as either OP or UP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic