critic about the swipe

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Generalissimus_Lucius #1 Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

This is a very serious issue: you swipe every, e-v-e-r-y important thing closed beta players achieved. Even the earned silver and free xp, the most valuable ingame rewards.
You keep none of the important stuff, to make it fair for beginners who join now. Ok so far so good, IF, it were a free to play closed beta.

But it wasn't. Me and friends, and many others played 10! € to "help!" YOU. This is some major impertinence.
You got all the help you decicded was good for you, for a !free to play game! which people helped you to develope, by ideas and testing, who payed for a free game, who do not get any real reward for the 10€ they spent (for you!)

I can't believe and describe how outraging abusive I find that. F.e.: me and my friend started too late for Satunarlia rewards etc.
I tributed a lot of logical suggestions and feedback on bugs etc in your forum. And all I get, is what after how many wins I achieved, from the immortal programm? 

I find this outrageous insulting... please give me my 10€ back or find a unique solution for all those who payed for your free game, and helped making it better.

Xeir #2 Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:54 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

Information about wipe was known for like half of year if you would ask someone would copy you information about it.

https://totalwararen...s/content-wipe/

Also you still have rewards from https://totalwararen...-be-immortals/.

Edited by Xeir, 08 February 2018 - 03:01 PM.

Kingnikolaj #3 Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian
how much are you gonna lose that you can't get back in a month? I've been here since the very first day on the first alpha, do you hear me complain? They only whipe because they have to, I mean I highæy doubt they do this just for fun

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

Tekay85 #4 Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostGeneralissimus_Lucius, on 08 February 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

This is a very serious issue: you swipe every, e-v-e-r-y important thing closed beta players achieved. Even the earned silver and free xp, the most valuable ingame rewards.
You keep none of the important stuff, to make it fair for beginners who join now. Ok so far so good, IF, it were a free to play closed beta.

But it wasn't. Me and friends, and many others played 10! € to "help!" YOU. This is some major impertinence.
You got all the help you decicded was good for you, for a !free to play game! which people helped you to develope, by ideas and testing, who payed for a free game, who do not get any real reward for the 10€ they spent (for you!)

I can't believe and describe how outraging abusive I find that. F.e.: me and my friend started too late for Satunarlia rewards etc.
I tributed a lot of logical suggestions and feedback on bugs etc in your forum. And all I get, is what after how many wins I achieved, from the immortal programm? 

I find this outrageous insulting... please give me my 10€ back or find a unique solution for all those who payed for your free game, and helped making it better.

Whats your problem?

Noone asks u spend 10€ for the game, it was your decision to spend money because you wanted to play the game earlier than others.

And you get your Gold/10€ back after the whipe and can use it again...

I can't understand people like u...

You get something for free (imortalprog./faction weeks) but instead of saying "thank you WG" you just start crying for more like a 5 year old.

Are you serious?

SUNTZU_JoJo #5 Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

View PostGeneralissimus_Lucius, on 08 February 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

Hello there.

1.) It was known that there would be a wipe, for months now.

2.) Any money you spent on gold, you will get the gold back, after the wipe, so if spent 10€ for 2,500gold, you will get 2,500gold at start of Open Beta. This again, was stated in advance.

3.) For having had the priviledge and responsibility of being a Closed Beta tester, they will reward you with special rewards (XP, Silver, Gold) depending on how many battles you have won, how many Units trees are Tier X (500 Gold per Tier X Unit), etc, etc...

4.) Wipes are important, a necessity, to ensure that all the newcomers start at the same level of the Closed Beta Testers, also to have more players grind up together.

5.) All the above doesn't mean I agree with the wipes, but I personally am prepared to endure it, for the sake of early Open Beta, Tier equality.

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

Tybald #6 Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

First of all, i am not really sure that you know the definition of "closed beta tests", 
here, let me link that to you ​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Beta.

The whole point of beta testing is to help developers improve their game...and not to gain levels or whatever you want...
You  paid that 10€ willingly, no one forced you to do that. 
By joining closed beta you knew what to expect,and yet you still complain on forum about obvious things...
And please be constructive in your posts in the future, lately i only see your posts complaining about stuff that you don't have any idea, like: early roman armour or  historical accuracy of slingers...just do the basic research before posting...
Best regards

Shaun_Rasmussen #7 Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
 I'm very happy about the wipe and I'm almost certain I have more time and money invested into this game.  I know now which units and commanders I like more than others.  I will also spend gold more wisely.  

macpla_EU #8 Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:43 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Guys sorry to tell you that but I think that is about the time to learn to not treat Lucius too serious. He lives in his own world and last time I've  checked he had  'great ideas' to share with CA devs but only if they will pay him back for them/ hire him.  

My advice for you Lucius? 

Stop acting like you are a center of the world. Stop acting like you got everything in your life for granted. Time to grow up. 

Im_Melliana_I_burn_you #9 Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSUNTZU_JoJo, on 08 February 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

4.) Wipes are important, a necessity, to ensure that all the newcomers start at the same level of the Closed Beta Testers, also to have more players grind up together.

when we gonna start with 500k free xp it s hard to see where is the same level XD

Edited by Im_Melliana_I_burn_you, 09 February 2018 - 01:28 PM.

CATAPHRACTS FAN CLUB MEMBER

AstraeusTheTitan #10 Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Forums need a dislike button :D

M__C__M #11 Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
More important, is this THE LAST content wipe?

PaiNzzz #12 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostM__C__M, on 11 February 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

More important, is this THE LAST content wipe?

It is the last announced and expected content wipe. WG themselves probably don't want another wipe as that would discourage many players to endure yet another one. Also, it would be really troublesome, as they would have to re-implement all mission/event/immortals rewards and also implement a new reward program for all those that suffered from said wipe after OBT, which makes another wipe improbable.

From what I know so far WG wipes when entering Open Beta, and then soft-launches the game without another wipe as was the case with World of Tanks that I was playing from OBT and if I'm not mistaken World of Warships also did the same.

I, myself, consider this the last wipe and will start playing as normal when OBT starts, expecting no further wipes.

SUNTZU_JoJo #13 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:20 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

View PostAstraeusTheTitan, on 09 February 2018 - 07:49 PM, said:

Forums need a dislike button :D

I know what you mean - I personally requested this be implemented before. :)

However I've come to the realisation that this would have no real benefit; as it would always be better to elaborate as to why one disagrees with a particular statement rather than simply having a 'thumbs down' option.

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

1 user(s) are reading this topic