Routed Units

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DanieliusVas #1 Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:21 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Why do routed units run to their base? They know should know that the base can be captured, but they still run there. In my opinion the developers should do that when the unit gets routed he should just run in the mountains, try to hide in the ship, or just go beyond the map. This in my opinion would be more realistic and this would fix the problem that when you killed routed enemy commander it still counts to commanders killed.

EDIT

-------------------

And plus I meant completely routed units.

Edited by DanieliusVas, 13 February 2018 - 01:05 PM.

"If numbers are what matters, all Greece cannot match a small part of that army; but if courage is what counts, this number is sufficient."

-Leonidas I 

Weskerrr #2 Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian
You can still give them movement orders while they're routing, so just tell them to go where you want them to be.
Patch notes for Closed Beta will be very very very very long.
Kappa
You can quote me on that ~Mistrzu

Jakerp #3 Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostWeskerrr, on 08 February 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

You can still give them movement orders while they're routing, so just tell them to go where you want them to be.

Yeah and sometimes you can save large portition of your routed unit micro managing where it routs and also shielding routing with your other units witch are not routed yet.

DanieliusVas #4 Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostWeskerrr, on 08 February 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

The idea was that they are completely routed.

"If numbers are what matters, all Greece cannot match a small part of that army; but if courage is what counts, this number is sufficient."

-Leonidas I 

Weskerrr #5 Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

View PostDanieliusVas, on 13 February 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

The idea was that they are completely routed.

That'll make morale damage the most important factor by far, which would make playing against Scipio and Miltiades incredibly frustrating.
Routing units in TW games are incredibly easy to manipulate because of how their AI works, leaving it as is is just fine.
Patch notes for Closed Beta will be very very very very long.
Kappa
You can quote me on that ~Mistrzu

DanieliusVas #6 Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostWeskerrr, on 18 February 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

That'll make morale damage the most important factor by far, which would make playing against Scipio and Miltiades incredibly frustrating.
Routing units in TW games are incredibly easy to manipulate because of how their AI works, leaving it as is is just fine.

Well it would be cool to see that completely routed units, would run somewhere else instead of the base.

-Leonidas I 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users