DELETE THAT F***ING HEAVY ARTILLERY!!!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

DanieliusVas #1 Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW BLIND ARE THE DEVELOPERS, THEY DON'T EVEN SEE THAT ARTILLERY IS RUINING THIS GAME. HOW CAN THEY LEAVE IT IN THE GAME?!!

It just isn't fun playing as and against it. It can shoot from one side of the map to another with incredible accuracy and incredible reload speed. Plus it is just impossible to take out the heavy artillery when it is protected with 4 and more groups of infantry. And the worse thing is that when the enemy team has 7 or even 10+ heavy artillery while your team has 2 or even 0 artillery. And plus heavy artillery really promote's camping.

SO DEVELOPERS START THINKING ABOUT REMOVING IT!!!

"If numbers are what matters, all Greece cannot match a small part of that army; but if courage is what counts, this number is sufficient."

-Leonidas I 

RTKgotterfunkenMD #2 Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Me and mostly all RTK members have been advocating for the deleting of heavy arty form the game since it was implemented like in 2014, since that date this unit has been destroying the game, and still does. I remember in 2015 all big clan mass rage quit Arena because of Arty and camping, but the devs never listed. Please delete arty!.

Kingnikolaj #3 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:14 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian

you've lost all the agruement with the caps lock yelling, so I would strongly recoment to edit it to lower case

And heavy arty as implemented in mid 2015, give or take a month or two

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

DanieliusVas #4 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostKingnikolaj, on 06 February 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

you've lost all the agruement with the caps lock yelling, so I would strongly recoment to edit it to lower case

And heavy arty as implemented in mid 2015, give or take a month or two

It isn't easy to yell after playing 2 games where the enemy team had 7 artillery and we from 2 to none.

"If numbers are what matters, all Greece cannot match a small part of that army; but if courage is what counts, this number is sufficient."

-Leonidas I 

Im_Melliana_I_burn_you #5 Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:08 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostDanieliusVas, on 06 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

It isn't easy to yell after playing 2 games where the enemy team had 7 artillery and we from 2 to none.

then blame the MM for that.

but i agree arty need nerf on ROF, accuracy and minimal range. But they dont have to delete them.

They can be a perfect thing against premade with op units who do an archer box and you cant do anything

CATAPHRACTS FAN CLUB MEMBER

Shaun_Rasmussen #6 Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:23 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I am for the removal of heavy arty, light arty can fill the role of pressuring campers and boxes, now that it has been buffed.  

XIIl_DarkDusT #7 Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:10 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Arty isnt adding anything good to the game as it is. Way to much pressure/accuracy and damage.

I aswel would like to see heavy arty just removed.

HS0 #8 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:44 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
rush the head

Edited by HS0, 26 February 2018 - 02:25 AM.

DanieliusVas #9 Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostHS0, on 20 February 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

the game is very good, it is sure that your personal way of playing is not arty ... the game will no longer be in beta and will be balanced, it is a strategic game and coordination, yes it is very good to know how to manage his units and to protect the arty or your archers, I advise you to camp or change the game.

ps : I already played several times against you Suntzu and 90% you lost ... because you go head down, and you do not care about the other players who play with you ... So question the way you play and not the arty, but still, learn to play with or against the arty to counter it.

Why should he camp, for 10 minutes doing nothing when he could just go in the battlefield and protect archers instead of the heavy artillery. And plus you should not be telling him how he should play, he has his own playstyle. And if you think heavy artillery is balanced think again. Heavy artillery has a massive range, massive damage, small reload speed, small deployment time and great accuracy.

-Leonidas I 

Corewin #10 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:02 AM

Munifex

• Praetorian

I was co-casting a 8v8 best of 6 match a few day's ago and we had some rules when it came to artillery.

"You could only bring 1 heavy artillery OR 2 light artillery"

We played 6 games and only TWICE did ONE team bring in light artillery. And when there was no artillery the game turned into protecting the archers instead. 

Now I do believe that Artillery is strong in the current meta but it's not all over powered as many people say if you know how to play around it.

1. It's always rather easy to find out where the artillery is positioned as you can see the rocks when they fire

2. if you play solo it's rare to even find someone to protect the artillery.

3. But let's say the artillery player are in a party or did have one that defend so let's do some calculations. Let's say someone is bringing 2 catapults and 1 infantry and one player defends that player with 3 spear units. So that is 4 units not being on the front line fighting so the 2 catapults need to do damage for 6 units on a front line that are now lacking manpower (catapults do damage but not that much). Statistically you will lose the middle fight enabling archers to push up and murder your artillery. Now if the artillery don't have protection the artillery might end up getting flanked by cavalry ending up doing low damage, if any, damage, that match. 

4. If you want to avoid damage go into a forest where trees will block some if not all the rocks shot into it

5. The stones have long air time (depending on range) so it's easy to spot the stones being fired and see if they are coming towards you and just side step and avoid all the damage. Similar is if an archer is shooting you and you don't side step to avoid damage. 

6. Games without siege would end up similar to this example. One team scores a few points and then pulls all there units back to defend as they now have point advantage forcing the other team to attack them. As there is no artillery making defending much more effective then attacking it's no longer an even fight. Now with siege units. would mean that the attackers will have there siege in the middle of the map set up in fog of war so they will always be able to shoot before the defenders know where they are. So they fire on attackers so they will need to side step to avoid the rocks now during the side stepping the attackers launch there attack. The defending artillery need to choose to attack the enemy artillery or attack the advancing forces coming in. 

7. You only get fast reload and good accuracy with Ceaser special ability and to have that buff up at all times you need all 3 of units nearby and keep track on it. 

8. If there are teams with 6+ artillery then it's more a match making problem rather then they need nerfing

9. I need to know what's happening on the entire map at all times. Where is the enemy, where are they moving, What towers do they have, how long range have I at this position, and similar things. Compare that to infantry that have there main focus on the path he is marching on that player have little concern if the enemy team get's a tower on the other side of the map. Only information needed to know is how many enemies are on the other paths. Now I don't say the infantry or simple minded they have there own things going on like micro manage, hiding in terrain to later flank enemies and much more. I'm saying that Artillery need to have full focus on the entire map compared to others. 

I do understand that some of my examples will not happen in lower/mid tier games but in higher tier I have seen this happen a few times. I do believe that catapults are strong but they are not overly powered so

It mostly comes down to tactics and how to play against it. You don't cavalry charge head on into a spear formation as you don't run in a straight line the middle of the map with no cover against artillery 

//SoberCorewin, Artillery Player

HS0 #11 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:08 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

MINABLE HELL SUNTZU...

Edited by HS0, 26 February 2018 - 02:25 AM.

DanieliusVas #12 Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:17 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostCorewin, on 22 February 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

I was co-casting a 8v8 best of 6 match a few day's ago and we had some rules when it came to artillery.

"You could only bring 1 heavy artillery OR 2 light artillery"

We played 6 games and only TWICE did ONE team bring in light artillery. And when there was no artillery the game turned into protecting the archers instead. 

Now I do believe that Artillery is strong in the current meta but it's not all over powered as many people say if you know how to play around it.

1. It's always rather easy to find out where the artillery is positioned as you can see the rocks when they fire

2. if you play solo it's rare to even find someone to protect the artillery.

3. But let's say the artillery player are in a party or did have one that defend so let's do some calculations. Let's say someone is bringing 2 catapults and 1 infantry and one player defends that player with 3 spear units. So that is 4 units not being on the front line fighting so the 2 catapults need to do damage for 6 units on a front line that are now lacking manpower (catapults do damage but not that much). Statistically you will lose the middle fight enabling archers to push up and murder your artillery. Now if the artillery don't have protection the artillery might end up getting flanked by cavalry ending up doing low damage, if any, damage, that match. 

4. If you want to avoid damage go into a forest where trees will block some if not all the rocks shot into it

5. The stones have long air time (depending on range) so it's easy to spot the stones being fired and see if they are coming towards you and just side step and avoid all the damage. Similar is if an archer is shooting you and you don't side step to avoid damage. 

6. Games without siege would end up similar to this example. One team scores a few points and then pulls all there units back to defend as they now have point advantage forcing the other team to attack them. As there is no artillery making defending much more effective then attacking it's no longer an even fight. Now with siege units. would mean that the attackers will have there siege in the middle of the map set up in fog of war so they will always be able to shoot before the defenders know where they are. So they fire on attackers so they will need to side step to avoid the rocks now during the side stepping the attackers launch there attack. The defending artillery need to choose to attack the enemy artillery or attack the advancing forces coming in. 

7. You only get fast reload and good accuracy with Ceaser special ability and to have that buff up at all times you need all 3 of units nearby and keep track on it. 

8. If there are teams with 6+ artillery then it's more a match making problem rather then they need nerfing

9. I need to know what's happening on the entire map at all times. Where is the enemy, where are they moving, What towers do they have, how long range have I at this position, and similar things. Compare that to infantry that have there main focus on the path he is marching on that player have little concern if the enemy team get's a tower on the other side of the map. Only information needed to know is how many enemies are on the other paths. Now I don't say the infantry or simple minded they have there own things going on like micro manage, hiding in terrain to later flank enemies and much more. I'm saying that Artillery need to have full focus on the entire map compared to others. 

I do understand that some of my examples will not happen in lower/mid tier games but in higher tier I have seen this happen a few times. I do believe that catapults are strong but they are not overly powered so

It mostly comes down to tactics and how to play against it. You don't cavalry charge head on into a spear formation as you don't run in a straight line the middle of the map with no cover against artillery 

//SoberCorewin, Artillery Player

1. Yes it's easy to find it, but to get to there...

2. It's uncommon to find someone to protect your artillery.

3. If you try to shoot the engineers from the front some of them will be protected by the artillery.

4. If you are playing heavy infantry or Greeks it's not ideal to go there.

5. Good luck spotting the stone, then trying to avoid it with your heavy infantry or Greeks, and plus you are probably going to be shot at by archers and then by heavy artillery.

6. Maybe this could be a tactic, but think about it. People will want to upgrade their generals and their units. They want to get many points in battle. And think how long and boring this tactic would be.

7. I have seen people play heavy artillery without Caesar and with Sulla or Germanicus. Do you know what was the difference?? None. They did the same amount of damage and had the same insane accuracy.

8. -

9. No, if heavy artillery has protection and is hidden in the fog of war then it just has to select what to shoot. If it doesn't have protection then yes it has to look if there's a danger coming, but if you think about if it applies to other units aswell.

And heavy artillery is wasn't often used in open field battles. It was USED FOR SIEGES.

-Leonidas I 

HS0 #13 Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:09 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

k

Edited by HS0, 26 February 2018 - 02:27 AM.

XIIl_DarkDusT #14 Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:36 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Arty is looking to become the real problem sinds the open beta started, seems like a big amount of player's is seeing the damage it dous. 

One more week complaining about elephant's then ppl will see it's still the same old arty doing it.

HS0 #15 Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:35 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

the problem does not come from the arty 

Edited by HS0, 26 February 2018 - 02:26 AM.

DanieliusVas #16 Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
HOW the F**K can you say that it's not the heavy artillery. Do you see it's range, reload time and accuracy. Plus it's massive damage. In some cases heavy artillery can nuke your units!!

-Leonidas I 

totalwareu #17 Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:04 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
really? I can't find anyone playing heavy arty at all because it's so weak cavaly kill them all in 3 sec easy

DanieliusVas #18 Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:57 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View Posttotalwareu, on 24 February 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

really? I can't find anyone playing heavy arty at all because it's so weak cavaly kill them all in 3 sec easy

OBT just started, and plus if people new people join. And those people are newbie's at the game. That's why they get killed so easily. -.-

-Leonidas I 

3 user(s) are reading this topic