New face of range units - ammo limit.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Songo177 #1 Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
To my mind, range units are the most irritating type of units, especially archers with Kynane and Rapid Fire ability. They've got big range, not bad penetration and, as I said, those annoying Kynane abilities.
My idea is about to made a limit of their ammunition, like in old Total Wars. It would make range units to more carefully choosing of targets, because actually its like a "SHOOT EVERYTHING THAT MOVES". They should of have ammo for something like 20-30 salvations. With this, Rapid Fire ability would make them shoot faster, but also quickly decrease number of arrows.
Btw, there is a mechanic like this in TWA - archers can buy limited types of other arrows.

I want to know your opinion guys about this idea. To my mind, this would make range units more balanced and more enjoyable.
Also, I hope that you understood those word. I'm from Poland, so my English is half-English.

Xeir #2 Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:23 AM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

i got few questions:

-What max tier you have now?

-What type of unit you are usualy using?

- what are going to do people without ammo for example new players who will use all of it in first 2 min and 13min left

Songo177 #3 Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:35 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
-tier 8
-pikemen and roman cav
-Without ammo, they should of pick their knifes and go fight.
Alternative is place in the base, where they can refill arrows.

Edited by Songo177, 02 February 2018 - 11:37 AM.

PaiNzzz #4 Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:44 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I'd suggest playing something before suggesting tweaks on it. It's actually more irritating playing archers, than playing against them.

All people come here to suggest stuff about units and commanders they play against, not themselves which is plain wrong. We are the beta testers, so let's test it.

Lee_Nox #5 Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:07 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Next patch, limited arrows, horses without horseshoes and pikemen vulnerable to mosquitoes bites...seriously though, this suggestion is becoming an old nagging, you see it everywhere, in chat in forums, Reddit, movies you name it.

Here's the thing, with the limited ammo on missile units, once they ran out of ammo they became totally and utterly useless, with low numbers in both men and stats, no one will ever use them is a battle.

Take a look at the usage of the pilum in the game, it's limited, why? I'll let you answer that.

And archers are not that op, they have their own problems, nasty and obnoxious problems I say, try and play them and you'll see.

Block Quote

Alternative is place in the base, where they can refill arrows. 

Camping base with archers will be the meta :) "Archers come on get out of their"  "nah mate, me like it here, there's food, warmth and unlimitted supply of arrows"

PaiNzzz #6 Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

If only you could "wololoooo" this old nagging out of them...

Pikes should break if charged from the front with sufficient force. Germanicus' vengeance strikes with such force that it should dull the blades after 54,342 seconds of maniacal usage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic