Jump to content


Nerf or delete rapid advance.


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Im_Melliana_I_burn_you #1 Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:11 AM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 236
  • Member since:
    09-20-2011

This spell is rly rly strong and you can catch anything exept maybe cav

 

On pikes he make them able to face many units and kill them even if they are flank. They are able to dont be flank or rear charge cause the turn speed is insane.

It s like they play with always repositioning up (and they nerf it cause it was too op) (remember pikes have to be heavy inf)

 

On cav you can run faster than barb (exept armi on tX) you can instant turn yourself and charge

 

On archer i dont have to explain how it s strong.

 

so i think delete it or balance it can be a good thing for the game

 

This spell is far better than every other move spell and it s extremly hard to catch or flank ppl who use that ( that s not for nothing if 90% players play pikes with cynane)

 

ps: i m cynane player too


Edited by Im_Melliana_I_burn_you, 01 February 2018 - 02:34 AM.

CATAPHRACTS FAN CLUB MEMBER

ThatPikeGuy #2 Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 234
  • Member since:
    06-04-2017
I do agree with this but I still wonder what ability could replace rapid advance.
pls buff pike surfing

wolfiena #3 Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:32 AM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 153
  • Member since:
    12-03-2017
I was suggesting to disable rapid advance on phalanx long ago. But it seems the devs don't like this idea.

XIIl_DarkDusT #4 Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:44 AM

    Munifex

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 76
  • Member since:
    11-02-2017

I would not allow it to have turn speed at all.

If it would just be high speed forward/backward it might just be fun/off general for pike's.

Right now it's still silly agree. Combined with pike T10 missile block right now, there is hardly a reason to not pick her as strongest.

 

Other then that I very much dislike the name of the post. It's not the ability in general, it's the turn rate on it for pikes in my opinion. For an archer player, it's still a key ability to dodge barrage/charge and repossition. This doesn't need to get hurt more then turn speed on the ability.

 



Raider_Tr #5 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:08 AM

    Centurion

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 273
  • Member since:
    07-26-2013

From the (2.4) patch notes:
"Pikes can no longer quickly reposition with a combination of Rapid Advance and Phalanx re-position."

 

Plus

*"Pikes are no longer immune to morale damage."

 

Idk if those will help.

However I hope the below won't happen with Phalanx on:

"Pikes now turn when given attack orders to a unit directly behind them. Previously this wouldn't happen if they were already engaged."



Jakerp #6 Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:12 AM

    Centurio Hastatus Prior

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 527
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

View PostRaider_Tr, on 01 February 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

From the (2.4) patch notes:
"Pikes can no longer quickly reposition with a combination of Rapid Advance and Phalanx re-position."

 

This combo was bit insane i mean sometimes pikes moving faster than arminius with barb light infantry that is using all fully upgraded speed upgrades, fully upgraded momentum and all barb speed consumables. If arminius can only barely avoid that pike trick you could guess what chance slower infantry commander have lol? :D

SUNTZU_JoJo #7 Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:16 AM

    Praefectus Castrorum

  • Praetorian
  • 1,281
  • Member since:
    11-14-2016

Interesting because until you mentioned it, Melliana, I never actually considered 'the complete removal' (or nerf)  of [Rapid Advance].

 

I must agree with PikeGuy on the question which will naturally follow.

If [Rapid Advance] is removed, what could replace it?

 

Any suggestions - outlandish ideas?

 

Cynane already has Hunt & Barrage, maybe a [Pace] ability which gives speed without the Turn Speed (or similar Turn Speed but reserved for Ranged units, perhaps?

So not on Cav, Pikes, etc...

 

Personally, I think the Turn Speed is all the Slingers really have going for them, considering they cannot [Barrage], making it extremely useful to kite Archers.

 

As Raider_Tr At least Patch 2.4 will bring some interesting balancing changes, but by the looks of this thread, it clearly isn't going far enough.


Edited by SUNTZU_JoJo, 01 February 2018 - 01:31 PM.

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!


Raider_Tr #8 Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

    Centurion

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 273
  • Member since:
    07-26-2013

View PostSUNTZU_JoJo, on 01 February 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

but by the looks of this thread, it clearly isn't going far enough.

 

Yeap. Just little help to the situation but not a total fix to the problems.

 

And I also agree that "Removal" ain't a solution either. Rework will do.



Arialz #9 Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

    Munifex

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 81
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

Like wolfiena said just make rapid advance a formation so you can't active it during phalanx but you still can use it too move quickly, it's main purpose. Also a remove phalanx reposition.



PaiNzzz #10 Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:39 PM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 197
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

View PostArialz, on 01 February 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

Like wolfiena said just make rapid advance a formation so you can't active it during phalanx but you still can use it too move quickly, it's main purpose. Also a remove phalanx reposition.

 

Phalanx reposition is getting a nerf rebalance. Its bonuses drop to 20%, down from 50%. I haven't had the chance to use Phalanx Reposition, but even I think that the +30% of Rapid Advance is very strong, let alone +50%. lol.

ThatPikeGuy #11 Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 234
  • Member since:
    06-04-2017

View PostRaider_Tr, on 01 February 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

From the (2.4) patch notes:
"Pikes can no longer quickly reposition with a combination of Rapid Advance and Phalanx re-position."

 

Plus

*"Pikes are no longer immune to morale damage."

 

Idk if those will help.

However I hope this won't happen with Phalanx on..

"Pikes now turn when given attack orders to a unit directly behind them. Previously this wouldn't happen if they were already engaged."

 

Those are already implemented this patch (2.3.3). Dont get your hopes up too much just yet

Even 20% turn speed is going to hurt a lot, so it's still going to be a problem + idk how many pike players know how broken the turn speed on T10 pikes are


pls buff pike surfing




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users