Premium units

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

DanieliusVas #1 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I don't know what do you think, but in my opinion premium units are for the looks. In my opinion they should have some kind of special buffs when they fight. And plus, you pay gold to have them.

Here are my suggestions for the premium units:

Greeks:

1)  Telesillas Argives:

• -3 morale every 10 seconds. Doesn't apply for Telesillas Argives.  (Enemy)

2) Thorax Spearmen:

• +10% turn speed and +15% mobility.  (Self)

3) Spartan Hoplites:

• +20% more damage while fighting against Hoplites. Doesn't apply for Spartan Hoplites.  (Self)

4) Thracian Peltasts: 

• +10% AP damage when fighting against Hoplites.  (Self)

5) Myrmidons:

• When the Commander isn't killed they get +10% of everything, except survivability (without morale).  (Self)

Barbarians:

1) Bloodsworn:

• If they get first blood in battle they get +10% of everything, except survivability (without morale).  (Self)

2) Bastarnae Falxmen:

• +15% damage when fighting the Roman infantry.  (Self)

3) Youths:

• +10% AP damage when fighting agains everyone. Doesn't apply for barbarians.  (Self)

4) Druids:

• When the Commander isn't dead they have 20 meter radius where all nearby allies get bonus morale.  (Ally)

5) Heavy Horse:

• In 10 meter radius they give ally Roman infantry +10% bonus charge and the Heavy Horse itself has 15% better charge against Roman infantry.  (Ally, Self)

6) Berserkers:

• -5 morale every 10 seconds when fighting in the forest, -3 morale every 10 seconds when fighting in the forest and the Commander is dead and -1 morale every 10 seconds if not fighting in the forest. Doesn't apply for enemy Berserkers.  (Enemy)

Romans:

1) Auxiliary Cavalry:

• When the Commander is still alive they get +25 morale an when he dies they lose their bonus and 15 more morale.  (Self)

2) Retentus:

• +15% damage when fighting against the Roman infantry. Does not apply for Greeks and Barbarians.  (Self)

3) Murmillo Gladiators:

• In a 20 meter radius they give their allies +10% damage, and they themselves have +15% more damage. (Ally, Self)

4) Auxiliary Sagittari:

• If ally Romans charge into the enemy the Sagittari can support the ally Romans from their backs' with 5% chance of doing friendly fire (only applies for Romans infantry), they have +15% better charge deflect then archers.  (Self)

5) Legio IX Hispana:

• +20% more damage against everyone and -5 morale every 15 seconds (for the enemy) when the Commander is still alive. Does not apply for armies led by Vercingetorix, Arminius and Boudicca.  (Self, Enemy)

Thank you, for reading this!

"If numbers are what matters, all Greece cannot match a small part of that army; but if courage is what counts, this number is sufficient."

-Leonidas I 

Paganwitch #2 Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
no thx it will be pay to win..

Raider_Tr #3 Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Let's not go down to that road please.. That is pay to win obviously.

However once upon a time my suggestion was to somehow Attach Premium units to the Unit trees* so that they could unlock the next unit with required Xp Price.

*With respect to their types.

RVallez #4 Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:06 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostRaider_Tr, on 30 January 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

Let's not go down to that road please.. That is pay to win obviously.

However once upon a time my suggestion was to somehow Attach Premium units to the Unit trees* so that they could unlock the next unit with required Xp Price.

*With respect to their types.

That is quite good actually. You pay to unlock a new Unit tree to a faction... I like it.

AstraeusTheTitan #5 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

No.  Pay to win, the haves vs the have nots... but a longer term unlock tree could have merit.

Maybe a use for the 1.5 million accumulated silver as "hiring mercenary premium units?"

Raider_Tr #6 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:47 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAstraeusTheTitan, on 31 January 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Maybe a use for the 1.5 million accumulated silver as "hiring mercenary premium units?"

Unlikely but worth to consider imo

DanieliusVas #7 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Well premium units cost gold so they should be more powerful then others. Plus I believe that when the full game release is going to come out ,the devs are going to do less event were you can win gold. And the premiums cost like 2000 and more.

"If numbers are what matters, all Greece cannot match a small part of that army; but if courage is what counts, this number is sufficient."

-Leonidas I 

AlinaSix #8 Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:43 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostDanieliusVas, on 01 February 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

Well premium units cost gold so they should be more powerful then others. Plus I believe that when the full game release is going to come out ,the devs are going to do less event were you can win gold. And the premiums cost like 2000 and more.

nope!......premium units should not be stronger than tech tree units at their tier ...or have unique abilities....
Their role is to increase earn rates..in silver....free xp.. to help ppl who dont have much time to play ....to unlock faster the normal tech tree units ...lvl up faster a new commander...  ;)

DanieliusVas #9 Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAlinaSix, on 10 February 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

nope!......premium units should not be stronger than tech tree units at their tier ...or have unique abilities....
Their role is to increase earn rates..in silver....free xp.. to help ppl who dont have much time to play ....to unlock faster the normal tech tree units ...lvl up faster a new commander...  ;)

But still... some special abilities would be sooooo cool. :(

Edited by DanieliusVas, 13 February 2018 - 01:03 PM.

-Leonidas I 

2 user(s) are reading this topic