Pike abuse

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Shaun_Rasmussen #21 Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:59 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostRVallez, on 29 January 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

I really don't know how one can defend the way pikes are right now. It's the same as people saying that T10 Defiance with T10 cavalry is OK, or back in the days when dogs were more like Velociraptors and yet there were people saying it wasn't OP.

I believe that making the Sarissa do damage only on the tip and removing the hitting animation is the way to go, that would prevent people from moving forward because the enemy unit would go through the spear and be able to hit the pike unit without being stuck in the hitting animation.

This and make it so damage is not applied when moving from from the back to the front of pikes.  If pikes are charged in the rear the attacking unit should be able to pull thru taking minimal damage.  There are really a lot of things they can change to balance them, they just need to decide which one(s) to choose. 

SpartanBG #22 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I wonder when Alexander conquered the "known" world back than with pikes, did his enemies thought he was cheating ;D

The Spartans do not ask how many but where they are" - Agis II of Sparta

ThatPikeGuy #23 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSpartanBG, on 29 January 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

I wonder when Alexander conquered the "known" world back than with pikes, did his enemies thought he was cheating ;D

Blob charging along with broken anvil
pls buff pike surfing

Xarthare #24 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSpartanBG, on 29 January 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

He conquered the known world before hammer was nerfed! Those melee charges were op x'D!

I can imagine if this game had elephants with that broken hammer xD! 1 hit = 2 k kills

Im_Melliana_I_burn_you #25 Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

they have to add a wind up time on the phalanx cause be in insta phalanx formation is stupid

a rear charge should cancel the phalanx

and rapid advance should be removed on pikes phalanx

CATAPHRACTS FAN CLUB MEMBER

exbuzzz #26 Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:41 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

Im pretty new, just faced my first pike squad. I picked Leonides and Hoplites because they are supposed to be extremely defensive. I was defending a valley, but these guys just mowed me down in seconds, could not do any damage at all.

Is there any way I can beat them (apart from flanking, no chance to flank in that scenario)? If the most defensive troops (hoplites) in the game cannot last a few seconds head on against them, it seems a little unbalanced.

Edited by exbuzzz, 06 February 2018 - 06:43 PM.

Xarthare #27 Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:22 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Well exbuzz you can ask your team to use ranged units or arty if you have any in your team. If that is not possible try to get someone with fear and anvil to stop their movement or just slow it a bit (fear will slow the unit for 40 % and anvil for 80 %, they will also get morale debuffs).

If that is not possible do not engage pikes ina frontal charge, just try to flank or rear charge with your units.

2 user(s) are reading this topic