Make Boudica Ambush Available to all but cavalry

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Shaun_Rasmussen #1 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I suggest making Boudica ambush ability available to melee infantry to help with ambushing.  She is much weaker than vercingetorix in a fight so to offset that she should give ambush to melee.  I know giving it to cav would be game breaking so not supporting that.  

Paganwitch #2 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
compared to verci she is useles yep

Jakerp #3 Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:30 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostShaun_Rasmussen, on 26 January 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

I suggest making Boudica ambush ability available to melee infantry to help with ambushing.  She is much weaker than vercingetorix in a fight so to offset that she should give ambush to melee.  I know giving it to cav would be game breaking so not supporting that.  

This chance will make barbarian archers who are currently one of the most weakest unit in game weaker as then barbarian infantry would spot any archer ambush even earlier. Reason why ambush is only available to dogs and missiles is that those units rely on good postioning rather than brute force combat power if wanted to use effectively. If strong combat units get same ability it is basicly nerf to those units who are very situlational and rely positioning and knowledge who they are fighting for to be effective.

Shaun_Rasmussen #4 Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Ya but with barb archer commander coming, no one serious will use Boudica with archers. So this makes her a wardog and melee option only.

Jakerp #5 Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostShaun_Rasmussen, on 27 January 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Ya but with barb archer commander coming, no one serious will use Boudica with archers. So this makes her a wardog and melee option only.

Yeah but it makes more sence that wardogs are scouting unit rather than infantry if ambush is only available for missiles and wardogs it reward people who play with more mixed builds like 2 infantry and 1 dog unit for scouting unit. If every unit can ambush it removes utility of using more tactical builds than triple infantry blob builds.

Why people who play triple infantry should see as good as people who have one dog unit in their build it kinda makes sence that dogs see better than infantry?

Edited by Jakerp, 27 January 2018 - 12:19 PM.

nikepetros #6 Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:25 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I do think they should acctually make it availble for cavalry instead of infantry, it is basiclly the scout skill from Arminius from the steam version.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users