How to stop cosmetic farmers

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Xarthare #1 Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
With a new event new players will try to get the cosmetics with minmal effort whasoever. So far i've seen ppl rushing alone to the enemy base, suicide and disconect right away, and probably do that again with another general, depending the tier they want to reach. Honestly this should be dealth in a fashionable way, i suggest the following:

a) if you lose all of your three units under one minute, more than 2 games in a row, even with different generals that battle should not count towards the required amount of battles. This should only apply to generals who have horse units, since infantry won't be able to die in such a short time.

b)To prevent ppl from dying right after the one minute mark you should at least get an X amount of point. Probably 2000 points, since this will require ppl to actually do something and not just suicide.

c) detect players who suicide to often and if they do remove the rewards from last week, if they are abusing the suicide mechanic.

In some cases players will get lower than 2k, might be unlucky or not, but Wargaming should track this somehow. When you go versus another team and you are already 3 units down because someone thought suiciding for the rewards would be good, because they just want it and do not give 2 fingers about their team ruins the concept of the game itself, first to have fun, second to use your units the best you can.

Last week i noticed a lot of roman cav charging into pikes or hoplites. If these was a normal week it would not happen, as often, as it is happening right now.

A good way would be to suspend their account for the remaining of the event or just do not reward them with any  stuff whatsoever. If this is to severe just prevent them from queueing for 30 minutes or one hour. This will discourage them from using generals to farm cosmetic.

Kingnikolaj #2 Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:37 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian

no.. the bombrush is a valid tactic, if people wanna risk it all for a defeat let them...............................

Plus keeping the system like it is now makes my life a lot easier

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

Xarthare #3 Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostKingnikolaj, on 23 January 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

no.. the bombrush is a valid tactic, if people wanna risk it all for a defeat let them...............................

Plus keeping the system like it is now makes my life a lot easier

King this is not supposed to make life easier for others. You shoud be rewarded for skill not for imbecility and selfish behaviour of other players.

If all players start acting like that there is no point on having any events at all, just give stuff for free...

Edited by Xarthare, 23 January 2018 - 06:01 PM.

AstraeusTheTitan #4 Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:35 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Kind of like the ballista that set themselves up surrounded by stakes then afk?  The current promo is battles not wins, so it encorages this... given the incredibly high hours requirement for this one (as I have commented upon before) i think it is to be expected.

I'm trying to TX a unit, so I am guilty of this for sure albeit for a different reason.  I look at the team makeup and decide a tactic, sometimes suicide it is :p - especially with a wipe due and limited playtime.

I expect the devs require high server load testing at this moment in time... :hiding:

Edited by AstraeusTheTitan, 24 January 2018 - 06:51 AM.

SUNTZU_Mistrzu #5 Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

When you have 2 hours and 16 battles left to do to reach 30 you do all sorts of things ;P

Honestly I think Wargaming effed up on this one as they should have went for 75 wins instead of 150 battles.

When you go in to suicide in one minute then your win ratio drops below 50% and you actually end up having to play more than 150 battles if you decide to reach your 75 wins that way. At the same time you are rewarded for doing better than average and getting over 50% win ratio. 

How to unlock the "Ultimate YOLO MID RUSH" achievement: https://clips.twitch...llyKaleImGlitch

Jakerp #6 Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:21 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Competition and event are fine as if there is some objective to meet it chance how people play and provide more varied games but this event  just reward cosmetic farmers.This event how it is designed just reward people with free premium roman dog units by using imbecility and selfish behaviour toward other players just coming to suicide or afk in team.For example I have been in dozen or more battles where there is 2-3 players who are afk almous whole match but they click their units every minute or so to avoid getting afk but they are not even really playing or even trying to do anything other than come to steal free dog units wasting everybody else time who is there playing trying to win the battle.

Giving stuff away for free is even better than wasting people time and rewarding those who steal that time. I bet people who did try to play at their best ability every battle without knowing it is doomed as there are too many cosmetic farmers in team are happy when they see all cosmetic farmers getting their free premium roman dog. :D

Edited by Jakerp, 24 January 2018 - 08:30 AM.

Jakerp #7 Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:35 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
If there would be even one requirement your win rate have to be more than 50% or more you dont get any free roman premium units even that one requrement would have forced cosmetic farmers to try their best to win as many battles as possible. It would have lessened all these problems.

PaiNzzz #8 Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostJakerp, on 24 January 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

If there would be even one requirement your win rate have to be more than 50% or more you dont get any free roman premium units even that one requrement would have forced cosmetic farmers to try their best to win as many battles as possible. It would have lessened all these problems.

So, you're just like that going to wipe 50% of players right off? Others might be trying their best at 48%, is that a reason to deny this player a premium unit for all his investment? In order for half the players in a game to win, the other half have to lose. With the few battles we have in the CBT WR can vary wildly from player skill and contribution. What you suggest is not a solution. 

Jakerp #9 Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostPaiNzzz, on 24 January 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

So, you're just like that going to wipe 50% of players right off? Others might be trying their best at 48%, is that a reason to deny this player a premium unit for all his investment? In order for half the players in a game to win, the other half have to lose. With the few battles we have in the CBT WR can vary wildly from player skill and contribution. What you suggest is not a solution. 

Why people who play poorly from what ever reasons should be rewarded in the first place? If you start rewarding poor play you start to get even more of that in the future. Like they are doing in this event.

PaiNzzz #10 Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:00 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostJakerp, on 24 January 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

Why people who play poorly from what ever reasons should be rewarded in the first place? If you start rewarding poor play you start to get even more of that in the future. Like they are doing in this event.

The goal of this event is stupid, ie games played, we have no quarrel there. It should be games won, so that you have incentive to play instead of rushing to the next game, making your WR during the event matter, your overall WR should have nothing to do with the event. If the event goal was 75 wins instead of 150 battles the level of play would be sufficiently higher. However, 150 battles for the average player within a week are quite a lot, so good (and some lucky) players would need less games, while bad (or some unlucky) players would need more games. Even if a player is so tragically bad and unlucky and whatever at the same time that has a 39% WR and needs ~200 games to achieve these 75 victories shouldn't be denied the chance to do so for his dedication, effort and time spent on the event/game (Provided he is actually playing, not AFKing).

You can't write off events HALF your playersbase. I stated above that with only ~500 battles your WR is not necessarily represantative of your skill and contribution. Statistics depend on sample size, and at this sample size it could be luck that decides a 5% (or even 10% in extreme cases) higher or lower WR.

Generalissimus_Lucius #11 Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAstraeusTheTitan, on 24 January 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

Kind of like the ballista that set themselves up surrounded by stakes then afk?  The current promo is battles not wins, so it encorages this... given the incredibly high hours requirement for this one (as I have commented upon before) i think it is to be expected.

I'm trying to TX a unit, so I am guilty of this for sure albeit for a different reason.  I look at the team makeup and decide a tactic, sometimes suicide it is :p - especially with a wipe due and limited playtime.

I expect the devs require high server load testing at this moment in time... :hiding:

Artillery Units don't shoot correctly. THis is different.

RVallez #12 Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
The problem isn't the game itself, but the campaign that was poorly planned. You shouldn't reward amount of battles but rather performance in them, even losing.

Rewarding just amount of games you play creates the exact problem that we are facing right now, people charging recklessly just to get the battle count up.

Charmide #13 Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostRVallez, on 24 January 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

The problem isn't the game itself, but the campaign that was poorly planned. You shouldn't reward amount of battles but rather performance in them, even losing.

Rewarding just amount of time games you play creates the exact problem that we are facing right now, people charging recklessly just to get the battle count. 

Yeah, just look at what WoT and WoWs do for missions, it's not perfect but it works better, in particular it doesn't reward "bad" play patterns. 

Reading OP I was reminded of some dev I recently heard saying players are good at finding problems but terrible at suggesting solutions :D 

Xarthare #14 Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSUNTZU_Mistrzu, on 24 January 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

When you have 2 hours and 16 battles left to do to reach 30 you do all sorts of things ;P

Honestly I think Wargaming effed up on this one as they should have went for 75 wins instead of 150 battles.

When you go in to suicide in one minute then your win ratio drops below 50% and you actually end up having to play more than 150 battles if you decide to reach your 75 wins that way. At the same time you are rewarded for doing better than average and getting over 50% win ratio. 

It is really hard to reach a win ratio of 60 % mistrzu XD!

Like i need countless battles to upgrade it to 1%, lose a few my rating drops right away. currently stuck in 55 % :(.
(Tell the devs to allow us to use clan tags XD!!!!!!)

Also suiciding is just not the way dude, it just tells you that that person should go to the sh*t list(jazz trademark ;P) XD

SUNTZU_Mistrzu #15 Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:44 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian
Pay 10 dollars to unlock clan tag ;P
How to unlock the "Ultimate YOLO MID RUSH" achievement: https://clips.twitch...llyKaleImGlitch

Xarthare #16 Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
You pay 10 euros xD!!!!!

Anyone when i feel i want to i will ;p

ElephantKing #17 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Good premise by the OP but unrealistic among so many other priorities.  There's always going to be ppl who find a way to exploit a system....sadly.  No point in going too crazy at this stage over a rewards system that's in place during a beta.  

PaiNzzz #18 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:00 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostRoven_12, on 31 January 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

Good premise by the OP but unrealistic among so many other priorities.  There's always going to be ppl who find a way to exploit a system....sadly.  No point in going too crazy at this stage over a rewards system that's in place during a beta.  

But changing the 150 battles to 75 wins as stated above would require the same number of games (roughly) but still give players incintive to actually play and win, rather than suicide fast and go to the next game.

Also the thing that mostly causes people to suicide fast is the sheer number of battles. If  that was reduced to 100 it would be more manageable and cause less hassle. On the other hand, reducing the number of battles would cause more people to gain the tier 8 prem for free, which is intended only for the most "loyal" players, not everyone.

So, each thing that is tweaked causes another issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users