what this game became....

spam blobs

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Tocki92 #1 Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:59 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I didnt play this game for a long time again, and as always, I know why.

Because we lost all the progress in the past, I have to play mid tier, I cant find the time to grind my profile up to high tier (and dont even want to). But if that is what mid tier is supposed to be, a triple blob party of everything, I just dont play it. it is fun to charge into triple range blobs with melee-cav, but this game is far away from any tactical or strategical gameplay. Blobs in mid tier are way too strong, whether in charges, in melee, morale damage or shooting. You cant play hammer and anvil effectively, because your anvil gets destroyed by 3 cav at once, before you can back charge. And even if I managed to back charge the whole blob, the blob didnt give a s*** and kept fighting.

Since Wargaming swap, I lost any interest to play this game and sadly I see this game dying out. No one of my friendlist is playing it anymore, at least nobody of the shogun 2 veterans...Total War  Arena Screenshot 2018.01.23 - 09.35.06.67.png

PaiNzzz #2 Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:14 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostTocki92, on 23 January 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

I didnt play this game for a long time again, and as always, I know why.

Because we lost all the progress in the past, I have to play mid tier, I cant find the time to grind my profile up to high tier (and dont even want to). But if that is what mid tier is supposed to be, a triple blob party of everything, I just dont play it. it is fun to charge into triple range blobs with melee-cav, but this game is far away from any tactical or strategical gameplay. Blobs in mid tier are way too strong, whether in charges, in melee, morale damage or shooting. You cant play hammer and anvil effectively, because your anvil gets destroyed by 3 cav at once, before you can back charge. And even if I managed to back charge the whole blob, the blob didnt give a s*** and kept fighting.

Since Wargaming swap, I lost any interest to play this game and sadly I see this game dying out. No one of my friendlist is playing it anymore, at least nobody of the shogun 2 veterans...

I don't disagree with what you say, but I just have to state this because you were absent, friend!

There is an event that requires grinding a faction each week, up to 150 battles with each faction. Last week it was Romans, and the amount of Charge-Vengeance-Next Game was amazing. Also the arty were numerous and annoying as f hell.

This week it is Greeks, so there's a crapload of archers, many of them commiting suicide or giving up after they're engaged by anything in melee. Also, some cav that rush and fight till death are kind of common.

The geniuses are cutting time short to grind the 150 battles and those trying to play seriously pay the price.

ChaiDogsLiveLongNProsper #3 Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I dont think blobbing is strong by any means... mid or low tier... ever since self collision was added. I agree mid tier is full of rettarrds now tho... the quality of gameplay is just sad in any tier but this is a non-competitive format game. you cant ask too much from pubs. 

tetidenera #4 Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:18 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Blobbing is not strong. As soon as you try to use it at high tiers you die rapidly and badly. There some units that can have some advantages in blobbing like Greek cav charging, but this very limited and not always advised. 
TWI-Tetide-IC

Xarthare #5 Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:05 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
This week is barrage event. Unless you have testudo or raise shields getting near 3/4 players with 3 archer of units eacg that will barrage you is near impossible. There should be a ratio of units per team, like no more than 2 players with archers. Facing 3/4 archer players plus a few slingers is horrible.

Tocki92 #6 Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

well then it seems i was pretty unlucky, because blobbing worked pretty well against me. Maybe its because the morale is lower on mid tier, because my guys routed pretty fast after the enemy blob-charged me!

And 150 battles in 1 week? who the heck has time for about 21 battles each day?

PaiNzzz #7 Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostXarthare, on 23 January 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

This week is barrage event. Unless you have testudo or raise shields getting near 3/4 players with 3 archer of units eacg that will barrage you is near impossible. There should be a ratio of units per team, like no more than 2 players with archers. Facing 3/4 archer players plus a few slingers is horrible.

It was to be expected, but I find way less people playing Greeks than they did Romans the previous week, and I'm NOT disappointed. Having 5 ranged units per team per battle is more than enough.

I'm having great games with Leonidas and spears though, exploiting this barrage week with fight in the shade and I'm only tier 5 where Fight in the Shade blocks "only" ~75-80% of missiles. Defense points rack up so fast and grant massive bonuses which make up most of my income (just this week, not always). I also managed a game with nearly 12k score thanks to archers blotting out the sun! ^_^

View PostTocki92, on 25 January 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

And 150 battles in 1 week? who the heck has time for about 21 battles each day?

*Whistles and looks away* I have no idea on who could have played 153 games with Romans previously and has already played more than half games for Greeks... Today I'm going to play though, I plan on ~40 games!

Im_Melliana_I_burn_you #8 Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

greek week + barrage op = 3+ archer players in your team^^

wait the next week for the barb week and after it will be "ok"

CATAPHRACTS FAN CLUB MEMBER

Jakerp #9 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostIm_Melliana_I_burn_you, on 27 January 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

greek week + barrage op = 3+ archer players in your team^^

wait the next week for the barb week and after it will be "ok"

Yeah on barb week there wont be massive barb archer spam there simply cannot be that many masochists. :D And if there is it will be very easy to charge kill them as barb archers dont have barrage or spear or pike units.

WipeoutVasusu #10 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

barb week is probably going to be the funniest

PaiNzzz #11 Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:11 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostWipeoutVasusu, on 28 January 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

barb week is probably going to be the funniest

It's already fun! You only have to "Rush B C**A B***T!" and you get MVP. I'm going to take a chill pill after this week though, because those 450 games in 3 weeks is kind of tense.

Also tagged with spam, blobs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users