more maps please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Generalissimus_Lucius #1 Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
The game really needs more maps, to keep it interesting. 

Thanks you.

Akriom #2 Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

• Administrator
Hi Generalissine_Lucius, we've just announced a new map actually and are working on more maps.  :)

SUNTZU_Mistrzu #3 Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:05 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

How to unlock the "Ultimate YOLO MID RUSH" achievement: https://clips.twitch...llyKaleImGlitch

ChaiDogsLiveLongNProsper #4 Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:59 PM

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

max_attenborough #5 Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Some ideas for new maps.

OPEN PLAIN - i.e. Like Zama or Cannae

Where the players must maximise co-operation to succeed.  The area would need sufficient open space on the flanks to allow cavarly to manuover and give a necessary vulnerability to artillery units (who would otherwise dominate).  An interesting contrast to the 'infiltration' possibilities for most of the maps currently available.  An added bonus would be that the map would require a minimum of design to create and playtest.  The occasional knoll, quarry or stream here and there could add a little variation without spoiling the simplicity.

URBAN/CITY - i.e. As in Rome or Carthage

An expansion of the SALERNUM and CAPITOLINE HILL ideas, but filling the entire map area with buildings and roads.  Maybe a shallow river defining the boundaries (I'm thinking Paris and Rome as examples) and providing a route 'around the back' to hit the enemy's base.  Areas within the city would include a few larger spaces (forum, market, freshly cleared building sites, etc).  The addition of 'high ground' (as in CAPITOLINE) for greater visibility would make the map sufficiently dissimilar to SALERNUM to not be just a repeat exercise.

FOREST/WOODLAND - i.e. As in Teutorburgerwald

Not suggesting a complete map of woods!  A larger version of the wooded regions of the MARATHON map with areas of reeds/grassland seperating the tree areas.  A river or two plus streams, some areas of cleared trees, villages, etc would add a little variety.  This idea may be like the GERMANIA map (but I have not seen that one yet!).  This would certainly not be a favourite map, in my opinion, but would add variation to those already available.

With central lake/impassable area.  This would effectively spilt the battlefield into two seperate fighting areas, where foot units would be commited to choosing one side or the other and only cavalry would be reasonably able to afford the time to join in the fight on the other side.  Maybe the addition of a shallow 'fording place' across the centre of the water could add to point to defend/attack for foot troops.  Some high ground, ravines, villages, etc would provide some variation and minor objectives.

BRIDGE OVER MAJOR RIVER - i.e. Crossing of the Rhine 55 BC and Crossing of the Thames 54 BC

One major bridge with a number of fords along the river central across the map.  Somewhat similar to the RUBICON map, but a much larger river to negotiate. Add the usual mix of woodland copses, reed beds, swamp areas, hills, quarries, villages, etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic