Barrage, nerf required to over powered at the moment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Xarthare #1 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:21 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
So, barrage went from being ok or good in some situations to become a field of death (even though most archer players still misuse this ability)

Current problems:

- armor piercing is to high:50 % armor piercing is just to much at the current state since it melts units when they do frontal charges, specially shielded cav units which are used to counter range.

- the barrage spam: when fully upgraded it goes from 120 seconds to 70 seconds. This combined with the current preposterous armor piercing, and if players use a box formation to move archers this will negate any battlefield tactic, since, most time, you just can't reach the archers. in a game that takes 15 minutes allowing the player to spam barrage a good 8 times is to much;

- speed of barrage: reload speed fully upgraded will give a 10% bonus plus some units have rapid shot, granting them a 15 % speed reload. when combined with barrage makes the unit shot arrows faster than a normal person can even move the arm, this with the extra second activation means another volley will hit you.

The reload speed, if nothing else can remain, but the armor piercing is just to much. 

The problem with archers, as any unit in this game comes allied with one thing, the high tier unbalance. Same tier units won't be as affected as low tier units (starting from tier 6 upwords). This make low tier players, infantry specially, easy targets and will make them frustrated with a game because:

- cav players won't always be close to infantry players to kill the archers or taunt them so they have to move constantly and not bombarding the infantry.

The current version of the game is poorly balanced. When the game was in an early stage players did not have the high tier gap issue and barrage was not as effective as it is now.

Barrageis just one of the problems the game currently has. The number of archer players has increased, this will always happen when a general is currently performing better than others.

Also lets bare in mind that i did not mention the upgrades of bows, which makes barrage even more of a nuisance to deal with.

XIIl_DarkDusT #2 Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Hmm let's grab a fact check on this.

I wonder how CA can read this forum and get anything of it.....

View PostXarthare, on 15 January 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

- armor piercing is to high:50 % armor piercing is just to much at the current state since it melts units when they do frontal charges, specially shielded cav units which are used to counter range. (From Tier 7 and up its 25%, from T10 is 100%. So no - armor piercing but at high tier this is a must.)
- the barrage spam: when fully upgraded it goes from 120 seconds to 70 seconds. This combined with the current preposterous armor piercing, and if players use a box formation to move archers this will negate any battlefield tactic, since, most time, you just can't reach the archers. in a game that takes 15 minutes allowing the player to spam barrage a good 8 times is to much(If you had a archer, you know this is crap, i play archer in my clan and even with 3 man protecting it's not anything like it)
- speed of barrage: reload speed fully upgraded will give a 10% bonus plus some units have rapid shot, granting them a 15 % speed reload. when combined with barrage makes the unit shot arrows faster than a normal person can even move the arm, this with the extra second activation means another volley will hit you. (some tier's have Snipe or Rapid Fire that combines with barrage, this in my oppinion is scaling to well together and could use a nerf.)

ChaiDogsLiveLongNProsper #3 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
hmmm 50% ap dmg upgrade is about 5-6 dmg increase per shot... about 12-13% (22-23% with rapid shot) more of the total health taken down to T8-10 inf during barrage. seems okay. 

Xarthare #4 Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSUNTZU_DarkDusT, on 15 January 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Hmm let's grab a fact check on this.

I wonder how CA can read this forum and get anything of it.....

You do know those are the actual numbers the ability gives right ?

Edited by Xarthare, 15 January 2018 - 06:02 PM.

XIIl_DarkDusT #5 Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:07 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostXarthare, on 15 January 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

You do know those are the actual numbers the ability gives right ?

Naked yes.

But there are ability tree's ;)

Xarthare #6 Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSUNTZU_DarkDusT, on 15 January 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

Naked yes.

But there are ability tree's ;)

Those are from the tree skil ;)! you can check it. I can give them by tiers if it makes easier, also i can add the stats on every single unit from tier 7 upwards. Since that is such a nuisnace i thought giving the complete stats from the skill tree was going to be enough, since players use different consumables which will affect the damage, armour piercing and other variables.:B Not only that but players might chose different sets of bows and armorings, since everyone has different styles,

Edited by Xarthare, 15 January 2018 - 06:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users