Jump to content


Faction Campaign: fight for honour, win for glory!


  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Smacks21 #21 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 180
  • Member since:
    11-25-2016
Dont forger the "at least xxx battle for each commander".
That means that if u dont have all commander T5+ you have to up them too...

Good évent because everyone can play it but please stop thinking everyone want/can to play 6h/days...

arpe83 #22 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 118
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

I have next question. We can play only 2 commanders ?

 

 



Dawinor #23 Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

    Munifex

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 31
  • Member since:
    04-07-2013

View PostSmacks21, on 14 January 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Dont forger the "at least xxx battle for each commander".
That means that if u dont have all commander T5+ you have to up them too...

Good évent because everyone can play it but please stop thinking everyone want/can to play 6h/days...

 

Play 150 Battles! — Fight 150 battles for the Roman faction using any two Roman commanders
— At least 15 battles for each commander (I guess that those two that you want not all of them)
— Units must be Tier V+

 

 

I understand from this that you must do at least 15 battles with the second commander. I mean you can do 135 battles with your main and 15 with a second one and you will get the rewards. Not 15 games for each commander.
Maybe it is not clear enough....

 

am i right? Or am i missunderstanding this?



Xarthare #24 Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

    Centurion

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 382
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014
ARE YOU KIDDING ME XD!!!!!!!

ROMAN DOGS ALREADY EXISTED IN THE STEAM VERSION XD, you just couldn't unlock them !!!!

WHAT IS THIS XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arnianor #25 Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

    Tiro

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 9
  • Member since:
    11-05-2017
Question:
If like me you where a tad forgetful and didn't write down how many games you had before starting this whole thing, how do you know at how many games for the campaign do you currently stand?

PaiNzzz #26 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 197
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

View PostArnianor, on 14 January 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Question:
If like me you where a tad forgetful and didn't write down how many games you had before starting this whole thing, how do you know at how many games for the campaign do you currently stand?

 

Guesswork? The event only started a couple of hours ago though.

Just for reference, event said 22:00 CET and now it is 00:00 CET (15/01).

 

CET is GMT +1, so do the calculations and wish for the best :P



Znail #27 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:05 AM

    Tiro

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 3
  • Member since:
    04-11-2012
The most important question is if we will get to keep this unit after beta or not?

Dawinor #28 Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:28 AM

    Munifex

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 31
  • Member since:
    04-07-2013

View PostZnail, on 15 January 2018 - 05:05 AM, said:

The most important question is if we will get to keep this unit after beta or not?

 

Yeah, more than 2 days and staff do not answer our questions.... nice staff :hiding:

mrazikcomp #29 Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:54 AM

    Tiro

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 1
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View PostMongusDei, on 13 January 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

So, to sum it up, you need to play at least 450 games in these three weeks to get that premium unit for free.

So u must be nolife, or take holiday in job, to acomplish this mission. But i don't hate that idea, it's nice to see is something hapening in game.

 

it is 21 battles per day, one battle is 10 min +- , sum 200min = 3 hrs/day u dont have 3h free per day< and per weekend u can play 3x moore  :)

Znail #30 Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:11 AM

    Tiro

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 3
  • Member since:
    04-11-2012

View Postmrazikcomp, on 15 January 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

 

it is 21 battles per day, one battle is 10 min +- , sum 200min = 3 hrs/day u dont have 3h free per day< and per weekend u can play 3x moore  :)

 

You could do it in about half the time if you play aggressively and leave after you die. They did get around the suicide rush strat though by limiting it to two commanders.

Smacks21 #31 Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 180
  • Member since:
    11-25-2016

View Postmrazikcomp, on 15 January 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

 

it is 21 battles per day, one battle is 10 min +- , sum 200min = 3 hrs/day u dont have 3h free per day< and per weekend u can play 3x moore  :)

 

Dont u forget loadings and MM ?

Id rather say 4/5 battles/h so it looks more like 4/5h to me... 



PaiNzzz #32 Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 197
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

View PostDawinor, on 14 January 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

 

Play 150 Battles! — Fight 150 battles for the Roman faction using any two Roman commanders
— At least 15 battles for each commander (I guess that those two that you want not all of them)
— Units must be Tier V+

 

 

I understand from this that you must do at least 15 battles with the second commander. I mean you can do 135 battles with your main and 15 with a second one and you will get the rewards. Not 15 games for each commander.
Maybe it is not clear enough....

 

am i right? Or am i missunderstanding this?

 

Yes, that's it. You can play them in any combination, as long as each commander has played at least 15 battles with tier 5+ units.

Weskerrr #33 Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:10 PM

    Centurio Hastatus Prior

  • Praetorian
  • 692
  • Member since:
    03-01-2013

View PostDawinor, on 15 January 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

 

Yeah, more than 2 days and staff do not answer our questions.... nice staff :hiding:

 

The 2 days were the weekend in case you didn't know.
Most people don't work on the weekends.
Patch notes for Closed Beta will be very very very very long.
Kappa
You can quote me on that ~Mistrzu

PaiNzzz #34 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 197
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

View PostZnail, on 15 January 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

The most important question is if we will get to keep this unit after beta or not?

 

The unit is bought from the store, therefore I'd say you will certainly keep it, regardless of the discount you manage to get from this event. To my knowledge, anything you get from the store will be reapplied as if you had just purchased it after each wipe. This is what each item to the premium shop says "Please note: The package content will apply to your game account again even if stats wipe happens during the test period."

Znail #35 Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:47 AM

    Tiro

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 3
  • Member since:
    04-11-2012

View PostPaiNzzz, on 16 January 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

 

The unit is bought from the store, therefore I'd say you will certainly keep it, regardless of the discount you manage to get from this event. To my knowledge, anything you get from the store will be reapplied as if you had just purchased it after each wipe. This is what each item to the premium shop says "Please note: The package content will apply to your game account again even if stats wipe happens during the test period."

 

Aha, that makes sense, I thought we would buy it in the in game store, but if it's in the premium shop then it should be fine.

 

I note that the Romand Dogs of War is a pack that also includes gold and such. I assume we will only get a discount on a version without the gold.


Edited by Znail, 16 January 2018 - 11:53 AM.


PaiNzzz #36 Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 197
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

View PostZnail, on 16 January 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

 

Aha, that makes sense, I thought we would buy it in the in game store, but if it's in the premium shop then it should be fine.

 

I note that the Romand Dogs of War is a pack that also includes gold and such. I assume we will only get a discount on a version without the gold.

 

That's my guess too, we only get the unit, nothing else. There's much in that package :P

I base my opinion solely on logic and scraps of information here and there. The fact that the Io Saturnalia event premium units and cosmetics explicitly stated that they will not carry on to Open Beta just strengthens my opinion!

 

Edit: Plus 450 battles are quite the chore, I don't think it will go to waste. Also, they will help rack up Immortals Event rewards and learn the game, so it's a win/win for newbies like me!


Edited by PaiNzzz, 16 January 2018 - 12:08 PM.


Flexum #37 Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

    Munifex

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 35
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

I like the idea, time ago i suggested a faction wars, to see how tactics behave in that situation. Also would be interesting to watch two different factions fighting each other with their unique units and tactics.

 

Regarding this new mission i have some questions/suggestions:

 

1.- Would be nice to have on the main menu some kind of info about how many battles you have or the remaining battles to complete this missions, rather than note it somewhere else.

 

2.- Players need to know if this rewards are staying for the final release of the game or by the contrary they gonna be wiped.

 

This is very important by two points:

 

   a) Its a big effort to achieve this rewards just to see how they vanish after a while, and because you mention in Saturnalia event that those rewards( the Saturnalia ones )are not staying, people its legit worried about this new rewards.

 

   b) Today its Tuesday and i cant find any source that confirm this, so please Devs, i know you are pretty busy, but at least give us detailed info.

 

Thx in advance. Regards.

 



AstraeusTheTitan #38 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:27 AM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 122
  • Member since:
    04-29-2017

View PostArnianor, on 14 January 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Question:
If like me you where a tad forgetful and didn't write down how many games you had before starting this whole thing, how do you know at how many games for the campaign do you currently stand?

 

If you exclusively play as Roman Commanders, you can count the number of replay_xxxxxxxxxx.info files since whatever date you started.  Windows explorer > c: > search "replay" to find the master TWA folder > open it > order by date > count 'em.

Edited by AstraeusTheTitan, 17 January 2018 - 01:27 AM.


Tauron #39 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

    Tiro

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 1
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011
There is no ingame counter how many games are missing for the goal of 150 games each in the campaign?   Where will i find the gold faction Token ?

PaiNzzz #40 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

    Optio Centuriae

  • Closed Alpha Gladiator
  • 197
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

View PostTauron, on 17 January 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

There is no ingame counter how many games are missing for the goal of 150 games each in the campaign?   Where will i find the gold faction Token ?

 

Sadly, there is not. The UI still suffers in missions / events and stuff like that. Now about the token... I don't think anyone has an idea.

A good idea would be to make a browser page in the site that monitors your progress through your stats, as in WoWs Fire vs Water event, since making a whole new game UI could be troublesome.






2 user(s) are reading this topic