TIER 6 vs TIER 10...EASY... IF YOU KNOW HOW...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

PeLLaSG0S #1 Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:41 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Yeap thats right....it can be easy...Are you surprised?

[Text moderated]

[Text moderated] sit back and enjoy how 3 players are going to embarrass those [Text moderated] This game is a Multiplayer Online Battlefield Arena...(MOBA!)

One more time i have been forced to come to the forums and write with my own unique way a couple of things about the status of the game and [Text moderated] the true status of the game [Text moderated]

[Text moderated]

[Text moderated] i am writing this thread [Text moderated] [as we already] have a "dead" commander... Alexander but that's another thing for another time... 

[Text moderated] we created 2 videos ...the first video with 3 of us...playing high tier games with tier 10 units....and a second one...with all possible scenarios...like all 3 of us with tier 7 units vs tier 9s and 10s...everyone with one tier 7 unit and 2 tier 6 units vs tier 8 9s and 10s...and lastly only one player with a one tier 7 unit and all the rest 6s vs tier 8 9s and 10s....

Please be my guest and watch both of them....and maybe you will understand why parties like my clans are keep winning in the game....

In case you dont know yet that this game is about competitive multiplayer teambased gaming then maybe these 2 videos will help you to understand it.
[Text moderated]
You need to play more...you need to cooperate more...you need to learn the basics of working as part of a team and when you learn that you will become the hero [Text moderated]

[Text moderated] what will happen later when good teams will start forming up..when instead of having a few hundreds of good players there are going to be thousands of thousands ....or instead of a 2-3 great parties or clans you will have hundreds if not thousands.

[Text moderated] my problem is to create one of the top competitive multiplayer teams for arena because both me and my clanmates believe in the project with the name Total war arena....so instead of accusing us for abusing the game....ill tell you this...WE ABUSE NOTHING...we never did...we play what they give us to play....You want to blame the game fine....do it ...but dont blame the players ... because we are real total war players....[Text moderated]

Yes the game has issues...but its getting better...digest it...dont spit on this game....its a great one...[Text moderated]

Its not a classic total war game...its a moba....its a multiplayer arena!

video 1 High tier with tier 10s...https://www.youtube....JOjS5QJc8&t=31s

video 2 High tier with  all the above scenarios....https://www.youtube....h?v=0jLLMx8ZgYI

Ps.sorry for the language in the videos...but we didnt edit anything...just for you...

ps2.We didnt have a fourth guy...[Text moderated]

ps3 qq....and happy new year....may zeus be with us!

ps4 This is a tavern....just saying for the moderators...

ps5 We didnt even use our 10% for these games....simple games...to spend our time...the good games...are on different times...

ps6 all credits to arclinon for making and uploading both videos...He is making great informative videos....maybe some of you need to check them out...[Text moderated]

ps7 pssssssssssss

Edited by Akriom, 18 January 2018 - 12:02 PM.

Smacks21 #2 Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:19 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I didn't read your long story and I didn't read the long story of the link you gave us but... if there is problem in the game...

Your tactic isn't one to me.

I can assure you that being in a game against you (or another, you and your team are not the only one using this) is really boring.

Of course you win nearly every battle but when you are a random player, trying to teamplay with other random and face a bunker covering archers... You just have NO chances... You can stop before the battle begins.

It wasn't u yesterday but I play a couple game T8+ against another team like that.

Sometimes you can get them when luck is yours (good players, right units, everything comes at the right time....) but it is nearly impossible in that random games.

You are using the game mecanics and it's good but there are several problems I see :

- jav "stakes" (dont know the names of that little thing that bleed your foot and stopped you) : way too fast to put on the ground. It's IMPOSSIBLE for infantery to catch missile, even if you are faster.

- archer cynane skill is really too powerfull. you can destroy any players that cannot raise shield anymore (engaged units). 3 T8 full stuff legionnaries killed after I destroy a player (impossible to turtle because of the 2 soldiers left, dead by 2 cynane in 3 sec).

- pikes are too fast to me.

I don't know everything you are using but you are just using the game mecanics. I can't see how it could be a problem if everything is balanced (and it's not) but I don't enjoy playing games that I have lost before it start.

They would probably have to include a "party" mode and a "random" mode indeed a CPU mode that ruins PVP in low tier.

More fun and tactics for you.... and for all the random players.

PS : I love the way you post here again to show the big boss you are.......

Edited by Smacks21, 05 January 2018 - 08:30 AM.

ThatPikeGuy #3 Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I watched the entire vid - you used units that don't rely on tier balancing, ie, they do well vs high tiers despite being lower tier.

*Edited

+Will you ever play Greek cav? The cataphracts are calling :(

Edited by Nohe21, 09 January 2018 - 09:00 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.

pls buff pike surfing

Im_Melliana_I_burn_you #4 Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:13 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
greek cav is not broken [Text moderated] :';)

Edited by Akriom, 18 January 2018 - 12:14 PM.

CATAPHRACTS FAN CLUB MEMBER

DaFeuk #5 Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
They are also using mics. As he mentioned this is a game based on team work so of course they are at a huge advantage and are going to destroy most solo players.

ThatPikeGuy #6 Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:18 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostDaFeuk, on 05 January 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

They are also using mics. As he mentioned this is a game based on team work so of course they are at a huge advantage and are going to destroy most solo players.

It wouldn't really matter as I've experienced some T10 games with T6 parties myself and if you don't have the meta compositions then you're pmuch helpless no matter what.
pls buff pike surfing

Pierre_Moesian #7 Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:32 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Well, I used to be frustreted in mid 2015 coz of you, but now have a wife and kid, play mostly lower tiers and I don't give a fck raging in Arena. It is great for you if you become master of Arena, but than there are a lot more casual players that wanna play Arena in order to relax after a long day and they can't enjoy the game they like coz of broken system (simply said they are gonna be raped every battle in high tiers, and why would they lose their half hour-hour that they have free just to be frustrated).
audentes Fortuna iuvat

WipeoutVasusu #8 Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:59 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

...you really need to be humble

let's talk about the second video where you said:

Block Quote

second one...with all possible scenarios...like all 3 of us with tier 7 units vs tier 9s and 10s...everyone with one tier 7 unit and 2 tier 6 units vs tier 8 9s and 10s...and lastly only one player with a one tier 7 unit and all the rest 6s vs tier 8 9s and 10s....

1st Game:

all your party got terrible score and you actually got carried

2nd Game:

in this game you are all T7 while all the enemy are T6 and T5 (plus for some unknow reason 6 troops decided to run into pike and die)

3rd Game:

you beat a tier 9 roman infantry with 3jav 3falx 3 pike and 2 archer in a choke point, 3 enemy jav decided to run into your base with no protection, 3 falx tier 8 decided to charge 6 enemy units and all the time you fight at least 2vs1 and you win by 300 units...

4th game

gang bang into a T8 player with 9 units (3 T7 and 6 T6) you lost 3 units taking down 1 pike then their allies show up and you lose a T6 pike against a T8 cav

you did a good job stopping the enemy from capturing the base but isn't not that hard with fire and jav against stationary pike (plus you allies probably got a tons of kill since at the start your party lost 500 troops killing maybe 150 of the enemy)

5th game

kinda even tier distribution and your party did nothing in particular it was just a general stomp from the entire team

6th game

another general stomp nothing in particular by your party

and btw you all have high tier commander that as you know means a lot.

Edited by WipeoutVasusu, 05 January 2018 - 11:11 AM.

Spartan_93 #9 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:35 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Block Quote

TIER 6 vs TIER 10...EASY... IF YOU KNOW HOW...

And if the enemy have this Know How too?

I have reached tier 5 no (roman sword infantery and cavalery), and i have some problems with fighting vs. tier 7.

And i only have 1/10 units of the team (3/30). There are allways nemesis-units and victim-units. But sometime i decide a "wrong" startingpoint, or my teammates run, or ...

I can not do everything on my own (that is good, because teamwork is good), but that is limiting my influence.

Hunting archers with my sword infantery ends deadly if there is no teammate with cavelery (with Testudo i get a lot of defense points, but i will lose my unit after a long time or i can not use it for some usefull combat)

Fighting other sword infantery with tierlevel +2 is not fun too, because they have the same skills and ammount of soldiers, just better. And if the enemy still have all of his 3 units i can not flank him. In that situation it just feels like "point and click and lose".

King_io #10 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

70% of this game is claiming abuse mechanic,but this is teamplay game !

if you go in league of legends ( MOBA ) you go solo or in team, if a 2people in premade make a trap for you did you said its mechanic abuse ? 

im a full player of the Greek never played roman or barbarian i admit this, but always and always they nerf the Greek faction about the pikes i can understand to be true ! did you see a good cavalry in hight tier ? with alexander with full cavalry not sure 

in the greek faction we dont have any cavalry viable, the slinger is not realy good at least, only archery and hoplite.

roman have a good morales,arty is verry impressif, Javelin is strong if you play close and infantry cant fight more than other unit in this game its verry rare if they lose their morales, they fight strong in the front of a phalanx !

but we play in premade we talk each other ! we gonna help a man ( solo player ) if he need help we gonna retreat if we need to fallback its not us fault if you rush or dont talk in team ( some times troll rush yolo we know all know )

THIS IS STRATEGY!

now this game is a moba ! MOBA   not a total war rome 2 or attila total war rome                                            if you dont want use skill these multiplayer is again alive .

you need to know we can buy item, skin and ( color in the futur )  dont you understand yet dont worry i will explain ! this is not a game with 3 unit without skill  you have to use your skill, you need to use your brain 

AND SEE who you fight ! ! !       ( not people )   Commander  if you are vercingetorix and you cross alexander in your front with full infantry  why rush inside of him and said i will win you will lose this fight !   Call allies and do it !

you blame people make party or clan ? ?  in the futur if you hate us ! you will hate a lot of people when this is open beta or release game. 

some one said abuse barrage with cycane       (  I SEND YOU A GIFT  !  ! ! ! ! ! ! !   ;)    /!\       SPOIL ALERT         /!\ 

YOU CAN DODGE THE BARRAGE YEAH ITS TRUE ! ! SURPRISE.

Edited by King_io, 05 January 2018 - 12:22 PM.

ThatPikeGuy #11 Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Don't you try to force this thread into another greek cav thread. Also gl dodging the barrages with that 60 turn speed, especially when the barrages are direct.

For the video I'd like to point out that the queue time talk and the end game craptalking showed how out of hand their behavior got.

Especially at the end where they trashtalked the original poster in the NA forums that spawned this meme thread. Pretty nasty stuff tbh

pls buff pike surfing

King_io #12 Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:21 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostThatPikeGuy, on 05 January 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

Don't you try to force this thread into another greek cav thread.

im not talking about this, my english is bad of course but take again a look man ! 

Edited by King_io, 05 January 2018 - 12:21 PM.

Dikkeh0nd #13 Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:41 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Is Pellasgos serious with this thread? The one trick pony used to blob with Alexander cav when it was OP. And now Cynane.. For obvious reasons.

Maybe he just wants to hear he is a good player as well as the rest of his partymembers. Well guys youre all good players.

Doesnt change the fact that when a new meta is created by the devs with other OP units, you guys will jump on top of it and claim the units arent OP.. Its us as a party :D

Jakerp #14 Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostThatPikeGuy, on 05 January 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

I watched the entire vid - you used units that don't rely on tier balancing, ie, they do well vs high tiers despite being lower tier.

You guys have made pretty big clowns out of yourselves and I hope you change for the better.. especially Arclinon

+Will you ever play Greek cav? The cataphracts are calling :(

Yeah some units are a lot more delicate on tier balancing as they cant rely on phalanx knocback or ranged attacks avoiding damage. Also it is always possible to kill high tiers with good team play quickly routing them as morale system wont scale as much as other stats. Also team playing against random teams dont really prove anytthing other that there is no team play in other team.

wolfiena #15 Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:45 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

You've gone too far. Beating some random solo people with your cooperative squad, which is mosly comprised of units that ignore tier difference (pike, jav, etc), offers no foods for thought but rather annoyed and frustrated experiences for those on the other side of your map.

Furthermore, your footage, at the end -- thanks PikeGuy to point it out btw, rings the bell as a bullying craptalk to me. The poor guy, aka the OP in the post in NA that gave birth to this meme thread, seemed to be playing with his wife (as he requested that people be nice with his wife) while you were cyber-bullying him. I can't believe you did not edit that footage. It is getting out of your hand now imo. You guys are top-notched players in TWA, and I expect more from you than these bullshits.

Edited by wolfiena, 05 January 2018 - 05:19 PM.

_Barosz_ #16 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
If somebody has a problem that you play together in a properly formed team, it is an idiot . Playing together is great, that's how it should be, that's what this game is all about.
The problem is that you discourage people from playing at high levels. Take a break for 2 weeks with this X level party. Play different things at lower levels without an X  level commander. 
Let people peacefully get those X levels, then you will get solid competition at high levels. Hopefully with a balanced MM.

Edited by SUNTZU_Barosz, 05 January 2018 - 05:54 PM.

Only a response that raises more questions is a good answer..

Gav_Hill #17 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I think we have to all remember that Pellagos changes commander every 4 battles, we need to take that into account lads and I think we're being unfair here.

Cpt_Cataphract #18 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostDaFeuk, on 05 January 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

I am going to post you my video which i dont know rest of team and i can only write and point out enemies to prove you that you can cooperate with random people.

Gav_Hill #19 Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Cpt, you definitely CAN communicate with randoms. Often times it's difficult to get players to ACT on that though. THe willingness of randoms is key. I've had a few amazing battles with players who adopted a strategy suggested by one player, and responded to pings and tactical overview as if that one commander was the general.

It's rare, but god damn legendary when it happens and makes me excited for clanwars as it shows the games true potential.

It's just much harder when language barrier is a problem, don't take it the wrong way but if your talking in russian and I have no idea what the hell your saying I can't help you.

PeLLaSG0S #20 Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostPierre_Moesian, on 05 January 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

Well, I used to be frustreted in mid 2015 coz of you, but now have a wife and kid, play mostly lower tiers and I don't give a fck raging in Arena. It is great for you if you become master of Arena, but than there are a lot more casual players that wanna play Arena in order to relax after a long day and they can't enjoy the game they like coz of broken system (simply said they are gonna be raped every battle in high tiers, and why would they lose their half hour-hour that they have free just to be frustrated).

I am sorry to hear that you are one of those who has been frustrated in the past because probably you lost a game or your units because of me...I am happy that you are married you have your kid and you are more happy now than before...

I understand your statement about casual players....but i have to correct you in this one...we are also casual players...we are not professional gamers....we  too have our lifes...our jobs ...our stress etc etc and we also relax by playing arena.Gaming is a hobby and a way to relax too but that doesnt mean that we dont want to play competitively....We are thirsty to see finally pure multiplayer competition in a total war style game like this one..it seems you are not like some of us and thats fine with us....Its a good decision you decided to play in low tiers where the level of players is lower...You also need to understand that this game is in beta still....so dont expect the best mm...simply because of the numbers of players....

This game has been decided to be made by ca in order finally to give a multiplayer game for the fans who love multiplayer gaming and competition...and in my opinion it was a great idea that they cooperated with wg ....a company which focuses exactly to the competitive  multiplayer gaming...The fact that you are here and you are playing or commenting about the game means that you like multiplayer already....am i right?Because if i am wrong you are playing the wrong game....there are plenty of ca titles where you can go and play and relax....in this one though its all about clan competitions....clan wars....20 players fighting each other....skills ...generals...micro management....team-gaming...battle awareness....if you dont want all these then you are not playing the right game....

I am pretty sure that   they will  improve mm and they will add multiplayer modes...if you are not patient enough  then dont play high tiers mate...no need to be frustrated...its still a beta...and its still a game...           

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users