Useless unit experince

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Pierre_Moesian #1 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:22 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
As we all know, after fully research some unit we have option to convert that accumulated exp to commander exp but for GOLD. If I decide not to spend my money on gold and certainly not to spend that gold on converting experience than I have useless experience. My point is that we need to have some option to lock earning unit exp like there is option in WoT or other WG games (Accelerate crew training), where you can convert that exp for some more useful thing. I suggest free converting unit exp to commanders exp for some reasonable rate (1:4 or 1:5) similar like in WoT or to be able to convert it for silver 1:1 for example.
audentes Fortuna iuvat

SUNTZU_JoJo #2 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:30 AM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

View PostPierre_Moesian, on 03 January 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

As we all know, after fully research some unit we have option to convert that accumulated exp to commander exp but for GOLD. If I decide not to spend my money on gold and certainly not to spend that gold on converting experience than I have useless experience. My point is that we need to have some option to lock earning unit exp like there is option in WoT or other WG games (Accelerate crew training), where you can convert that exp for some more useful thing. I suggest free converting unit exp to commanders exp for some reasonable rate (1:4 or 1:5) similar like in WoT or to be able to convert it for silver 1:1 for example.

I do see your point.

The problem I have with this is, if you open up the possibility of converting Unit XP -> Free XP then you almost completely remove the need to use gold for XP conversion.

This is the main thing I've done with my gold, all 18,250 of it.

I am not against the idea of having a the ability to use Unit XP (just sitting there) for similar purposes, but introduced in a controlled way like:

1.) Limit the amount of Unit XP conversion to Free XP to a fixed amount per day/week/month (without the need for gold, that is) - maybe even tie this in with the condition (can only convert X amount of XP per day, when on Premium Account).

or

2.) Allow conversion from Unit XP to Free XP but make it a (10 to 1 or 100 to 1) ratio.

Either way, it will still make the gold you buy, feel valuable & useful.

Some may ask - why I defend the attemps for Wargaming to make money, myself being a consumer of the product.

What it boils down to is: I really want to see Total War: Arena succeed, and for it to succeed, it has to make sense, financially, and for a Free to Play game, this isn't always easy, but they can do it right.

Anyone else have any ideas/would like to share their own opinions?

Edited by SUNTZU_JoJo, 03 January 2018 - 11:35 AM.

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

Im_Melliana_I_burn_you #3 Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:19 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

they have to do the same convert system than other wargaming games... here you can convert xp from unit you are grinding when on wot/wows you can only convert the xp from full unit + next tier unlock or premium unit

And it can be good to do like wot yes where you can chose to dont get freexp but the all xp you win go on your commander

CATAPHRACTS FAN CLUB MEMBER

Dryakarios #4 Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:21 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

In WOT the unit's xp don't become free xp but become creew's xp.

So they can't put this system on total war arena.

But it's true this xp have no any utility.

But like meliana said this xp can become commander xp.

Edited by Dryakarios, 03 January 2018 - 12:23 PM.

RaptorAbt #5 Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

It is one obvious "failing" of the TW-Arena Economy Model, for people who do not wish to spend real money (i.e. for purchasing gold, premium time, XP conversion, premium units or unlocking new Commanders), as Unit XP will build up very quickly as you rotate through all the relevant Commanders.

The "accelerated" crew training option does not fit in TW-A and the suggested use of silver to convert Unit XP to Free XP may be the only way forward, but it may be at such an exorbitant exchange rate (eg. 1000 XP: 1 FXP for 1,000 silver or worse).

WGA want you to spend real money to help keep this a F2P Product for the majority; as per the WoT/WoWs/WoWp Economy Model.  At the end of the day they are not a NPO.

Smacks21 #6 Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

And why can't we convert silver to gold ?

Seriously, I have 4.000.000 silver and I only have 800 battles (and I'll always played this closed beta under premium).

I'll never do something of those silver.

1000 silver = 1 gold.... This means than with my 4.000.000 I can buy 4000 gold. Not so much for hundreds of hours on the game.

This could allow players to buy cosmetics, convert useless xp or try the premium for those who never want to buy it (but not all the time of course...).

Those who wants premium units, perma premium, all cosmetics and huge xp convert would still have to buy gold.

Edited by Smacks21, 03 January 2018 - 02:10 PM.

Dryakarios #7 Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Just for information we have +100% reward since few week.

In hight tier (8/9/10) you lose silver if you lose your 3 units without that.

Smacks21 #8 Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Yeah since 1 month.

TWR_Khan_Asparukh #9 Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Want to see free xp to unit xp conversion as well, even if its 1 to 10. So, 10k for every 100k wont hurt the business i think. You still wont do much without gold and at the same time gives you a choice after you reach t10. 

Edited by TWR_Khan_Asparukh, 03 January 2018 - 04:19 PM.

Pierre_Moesian #10 Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostPierre_Moesian, on 03 January 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

like there is option in WoT or other WG games (Accelerate crew training), where you can convert that exp for some more useful thing.

Sure I didn't meant crew experience like in WoT.

I've suggested exchange for silver, but not some crazy rate (I mean 100:1 is too much).

1) Free exchange 10:1(or 20:1), you just have option like in wot to check it in main menu. After battle if you earned 2000 unit exp it automatically converts into 200 (or 100) free exp.

2) Exchange for silver 5:1 or more. For example if you have 2000 unit exp, you need to spend 10000 silver to convert it to 400 free exp (you spend 5 times silver to convert it to 1/5th of it's value).

If they introduced premium ammo for silver in WoT they can introduce something like this in Arena.

audentes Fortuna iuvat

2 user(s) are reading this topic