Update 2.3.2 - Patch notes

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Matulic #41 Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:06 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostRaevaks, on 18 December 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

As you can see, the most played commander is germanicus, and the most played units are swordsmen. Germanicus with swordsmen is the most unblanced thing in the game, swordsmen are insanely powerful (and vengence ? This skill doesn't even deserve to exist !). But It will never be nerf ! Why ? Like I said, because it is the most played commander and the patches are done only with the players feedbacks (AND NOBODY NEVER TEST IT IN THE DEV TEAM). So, the players feedbacks which have the more weight are the germanicus players one.

Pikes were NOT overpowerfull actually, (but many peoples are dumb). When I played against pikes, I was faaar to be as much afraid as when I play against swordsmen.0

If you take pikes with Leonidas, you can't turn 180° in less than 5sec (except for T9, but I'm okay that the repositioning skill has nothing to do here, it should be removed).

If you take pikes with Cynane, you can turn in 180° in less than 2sec, BUT you are very vulnerable against missiles !

If you take pikes with Alexander, actually, Anvil is totally overpowerfull, but you are weak against missiles and you can't turn fast.

Miltiade is not a very good pikes commander.

Pikes were balanced, they are now useless.

Plus, Sowrdsmen can frontally beat pikes, example with T7 pikes against T6 T7 or T8 swordsmen who deal 20 dmg to swordsmen, so they won't kill them befors swordsmen pass through pikes.

Then, Archers still can't reach T9...

Scipio oath is not OP as it is now and did not deserve a nerf (While germanicus need more than a nerf, a complete rewamp)

So I have one question to people who are saying good changes :

Are you playing Germanicus ? Did you even play arena and test all units ? Or are you WG bots which are programmed to say : "Good changes" ?

Because this patch is a real piece of crap, all of changes.

There is only one thing that could makes pikes weaker without making them useless, that is the pike phalanx cooldown after disabled it. Only this change, alone, could make the game more balanced. Because you can fake charge pikes, they will enable phalanx, retreat, then they will up phalanx, and charge them before the cooldown end.

I totally agree. Now no one wants to play with pikes. The patch is really stupid and nonsystematic. Everybody hates pikes, but the feedbacks are made by players with rome units. Pikes are so weak now that i'd rather play with other leaders and units. Better if you dissmissed pikes at all. That's degrading for greece players

ThatPikeGuy #42 Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:50 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Now I want to play pikes more than ever because it'll finally make players (especially lower tier players) think about when and where to use phalanx. The turn speed meme was dumb and it shouldn't have happened in the first place and no, I'm not a Roman player. However, these are only short term changes as I'll explain in my feedback posts, so yes I'm expecting further tweaks to pikes that will end up as nerfs.

pls buff pike surfing

Crispad1 #43 Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:07 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
NICE THANKS

Kinizsi_Palossal #44 Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:42 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Ave Commanders!

I'm very very sorry to bring out this patch! Why so?

Mainly because I started to specialize myself against the Pikemens, since I can use them very well.
I wanted to see the situation from the other side, made a great challenge for me.
I developed an excellent tactic against them, which worked well.
Now Pikemens are pushover for me it's easy to beat them!
Since the Macedonian pikes there is no Raise the Shields ability except with Leonidas. It was already a big disadvantage.

It was not easy well and successfully to use them at all. The people, the majority of players that failed against them, because they were impatient!
With appropriate tactics you could ever beat them at any time. Not to mention if the players working in conjunction.

Now, you to go from one extreme to the other!

Edited: If necessary I can show you in a video and prove what I have told.

Edited by Kinizsi_Palossal, 20 December 2017 - 08:05 PM.

Kinizsi_Palossal #45 Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:13 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

"Everybody hates pikes, but the feedbacks are made by players with rome units." If this is true, then it's ridiculous and dishonor. This is a sign of the players weakness and impatient.

They have Javelinmens, Legionaries with heavy Pila, Catapults, Warcry, brutal strong and well defended Sword Cavalry(X. Raise Shields) etc. even against Pikemen and others.
The Romans have no real enemies now. Bubble gum combat.

The balance turned over to the other side.

If some players already have a little challenge and need to think then going to cry instead.

Edited: 

Hmmm ... We just played a match ... we split 3 Pike units in seconds like Fox Terrier the Footscraper! 

We slain two of them with cavalry and the remaining one with Javelinmen, Legionaries. And it was all in the city(Salernum)!!! 

The narrow streets are the best places for Pikes but not this time. The Guy with Pikemen, he did not know where to turn at a snail's pace. Within a few moments we surrounded him. NICE!!

Edited by Kinizsi_Palossal, 20 December 2017 - 08:07 PM.

Miedziak321 #46 Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:13 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Stupid update. The previous phalanx was more balanced. When I fought with experienced people, I always lost. Now the pike is losing even in cities.

Phalanx  < Spacing units (pike vs spears "op". Phalanx is sloooooowww)
Phalanx  </=/> Infantry melee (Depends on player level and tactics)
Phalanx < cavalry (morale drops quickly)

Who is this update for? I agree that the phalanx needed a refreshment, but now that it has phalange mode turned on it can not enter the small hill ... Where is the sense here?

Ops3t #47 Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:06 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Turning speed changes wtf?? Change the time of pike phalanax activation coz its [edited], 0,5s pikes down, 0,5s pikes up. Thats sick :/

VISDennis94 #48 Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:35 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
more nothing changed,just pikes.... 

Roman_Hannibal #49 Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:51 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

There is also wrong with phalax itself, you have 1 unit in front of him the second is in his back and his fatique doesnt drop (he is retreating back to recharge his fatique, and pushing backwards in your units swords and he is killing your both units) - phalanx in general it is strange. I get it that you are in front of him, but you are in his back ... just doesnt math up. Even how is he retreting if you are behinde him ? to where your sword ? and how come guys on back are dying ? Seen this happen in battle a lot of times if he doesnt rout quick enaought he starts retreating and soldiers behinde start dieing, like they are in front of his phalanx

Roman_Hannibal #50 Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:52 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
this is true both to pikes and spearman

Roman_Hannibal #51 Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
there is something wrong with phalanx itself (sperman and pikes) - i get it if you are in front of him but he is killing you with his back turning to you - he is retreting with his units backs to your units - and your units starts dieing like they are in front of him ? Fix this

Roman_Hannibal #52 Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:00 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Sry but there is no way out if you smesh his phalanx in his back, what retreat to use fatique recharge if you are in his back, even he should die faster it is like puting your sword on his [edited]and he push on it - but here he starts to kill your guys

Roman_Hannibal #53 Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
why is "asss" edited it is human part

Kinizsi_Palossal #54 Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:02 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Ave Commanders!

I would like to draw your attention to a major mistake! What in the following 2 points described, these and similar situations in hundreds of cases have already happened. 

1. When I'm in combat(in Phalanx)with a Roman unit I saw an allied cavalry charged in his back. Then I switch to melee fight and the struggle continued. Not much later an enemy cavalry approached from behind, I left the fight and form a line as opposed to the approaching opponent, but one of my men was stuck in the fight and I can't go in to Phalanx.
The enemy cavalry destroyed me.

2. I was at the enemy Base by myself, I was alone. I had to keep moving, because I knew my opponent had a catapult. For a moment I saw them(the enemy) approaching me from one direction. Then I go in to position and stand still. It seemed like I abandoned to be. When the enemy infantry was very close, they started to attack, charge!!
Yeah, he will get piked! Yes, but the remains of some of the destroyed armies there was hanging around me. One or two men, so I couldn't adjust the Phalanx and they slaughtered AGAIN my people!

This is in all respects unfair and unrealistic because of that 1-2 saunterer the whole battle should be lost! More often than not!

I would like to suggest that, if at least 50% of the Pike units are out of combat they can go in to Phalanx!

Edited by Kinizsi_Palossal, 22 December 2017 - 09:05 AM.

Raevaks #55 Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostKinizsi_Palossal, on 22 December 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

Ave Commanders!

I would like to draw your attention to a major mistake! What in the following 2 points described, these and similar situations in hundreds of cases have already happened. 

1. When I'm in combat(in Phalanx)with a Roman unit I saw an allied cavalry charged in his back. Then I switch to melee fight and the struggle continued. Not much later an enemy cavalry approached from behind, I left the fight and form a line as opposed to the approaching opponent, but one of my men was stuck in the fight and I can't go in to Phalanx.
The enemy cavalry destroyed me.

2. I was at the enemy Base by myself, I was alone. I had to keep moving, because I knew my opponent had a catapult. For a moment I saw them(the enemy) approaching me from one direction. Then I go in to position and stand still. It seemed like I abandoned to be. When the enemy infantry was very close, they started to attack, charge!!
Yeah, he will get piked! Yes, but the remains of some of the destroyed armies there was hanging around me. One or two men, so I couldn't adjust the Phalanx and they slaughtered AGAIN my people!

This is in all respects unfair and unrealistic because of that 1-2 saunterer the whole battle should be lost! More often than not!

I would like to suggest that, if at least 50% of the Pike units are out of combat they can go in to Phalanx!

Oh my god, this is so true, this happen to me every time ! Always 1 dumb pikeman into ennemy lines when your other pikes are out and well ordered but.. you can't use the phalanx because of this dumb pike !

People who are raging against pikes don't know how raging it is to play pikes, I can't count the amount of time I can't enable phalanx because of this [edited]pikeman who did not follow.

But I have one case to add : Sometime your are in a street or choke point (like in Salernum), and you move a little bit in a narrower street. Your pikes bugs, some of them go back or forward because they don't know where to go, they continue to walk against your order, get hit, and... you are fucked, you can't enable your phalanx.

ipurkur #56 Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
wdefsdfgdf

Moerp #57 Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:40 AM

Munifex

• Praetorian
It'S a good step but don't changes the core problem of Pike Phalanxes. I think it would be better to prevent Phalanxes at all from turning "through" their own unit. A good balancing would be if the unit must either turn arround their edges as "one unit" or the phalanx formation must be given up to turn every man in the phalanx quickly arround, where the cooldown of phalanx on and of would have a bigger impact to its gameplay. I'm not the grad Pike player. But i did not notice a huge debuff to them, expecially when playing cynane's pikes.

malutoros #58 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Ave Commanders.

Raider_Tr #59 Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:26 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

So with this changes..

Does Oath continue by attacking other nearby units after when you done with the first?

If yes;

Now that Speed debuff is higher, how long it takes to be off, till you get the new enemy unit?

2 user(s) are reading this topic