Update 2.3.2 - Patch notes

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Hylion_ #21 Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Still no fix about Scorpios (Architect line) being idle in certain condition. Not able to reload their ballista event when unmounting/mounting or unmanning/manning.

Happen more than 1/3 games with thoses units.

Raevaks #22 Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:41 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

As you can see, the most played commander is germanicus, and the most played units are swordsmen. Germanicus with swordsmen is the most unblanced thing in the game, swordsmen are insanely powerful (and vengence ? This skill doesn't even deserve to exist !). But It will never be nerf ! Why ? Like I said, because it is the most played commander and the patches are done only with the players feedbacks (AND NOBODY NEVER TEST IT IN THE DEV TEAM). So, the players feedbacks which have the more weight are the germanicus players one.

Pikes were NOT overpowerfull actually, (but many peoples are dumb). When I played against pikes, I was faaar to be as much afraid as when I play against swordsmen.0

If you take pikes with Leonidas, you can't turn 180° in less than 5sec (except for T9, but I'm okay that the repositioning skill has nothing to do here, it should be removed).

If you take pikes with Cynane, you can turn in 180° in less than 2sec, BUT you are very vulnerable against missiles !

If you take pikes with Alexander, actually, Anvil is totally overpowerfull, but you are weak against missiles and you can't turn fast.

Miltiade is not a very good pikes commander.

Pikes were balanced, they are now useless.

Plus, Sowrdsmen can frontally beat pikes, example with T7 pikes against T6 T7 or T8 swordsmen who deal 20 dmg to swordsmen, so they won't kill them befors swordsmen pass through pikes.

Then, Archers still can't reach T9...

Scipio oath is not OP as it is now and did not deserve a nerf (While germanicus need more than a nerf, a complete rewamp)

So I have one question to people who are saying good changes :

Are you playing Germanicus ? Did you even play arena and test all units ? Or are you WG bots which are programmed to say : "Good changes" ?

Because this patch is a real piece of crap, all of changes.

There is only one thing that could makes pikes weaker without making them useless, that is the pike phalanx cooldown after disabled it. Only this change, alone, could make the game more balanced. Because you can fake charge pikes, they will enable phalanx, retreat, then they will up phalanx, and charge them before the cooldown end.

Edited by Raevaks, 18 December 2017 - 08:51 PM.

HELL_SunTzu #23 Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:00 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostKing_io, on 18 December 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

did you play the greek cavalry tier 9 ?  im pretty sure no ! try them and to be true we cant talk about scipio nerf .

you said Romans never get a nerf. I'm telling you Scipio got nerfed. I contradicted your statement. What does it matter if I play high tier Greek cavalry or not? I can still see that they are still bad.  Do you play tier 9 Roman cavalry? I think no.

Raevaks #24 Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostHELL_SunTzu, on 18 December 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

you said Romans never get a nerf. I'm telling you Scipio got nerfed. I contradicted your statement. What does it matter if I play high tier Greek cavalry or not? I can still see that they are still bad.  Do you play tier 9 Roman cavalry? I think no.

When he said Roman never get nerf, he is talking about Germanicus + swords, because 80% of roman play germanicus... Just think a bit.

And nerf Scipio who did not need any nerf, and let germanicus like he is is a proof, that dev just apply feedbacks and never test it (I'm dev and I know how it is boring to test balance, I don't blame them to take only feedbacks in count, but at least, you can dev a stat script to know if something is balanced or not...)

Edited by Raevaks, 18 December 2017 - 09:08 PM.

HELL_SunTzu #25 Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:08 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostRaevaks, on 18 December 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

When he said Roman never get nerf, he is talking about Germanicus + swords, because 80% of roman play germanicus... Just think a bit.

"just think a bit" seriously? If he was talking about germanicus then he should say that, but he said Romans as a whole. Don't be conceited next time.

HELL_SunTzu #26 Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:13 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I do not agree that Scipio should have gotten his oath's stats reduced. Having it maxed out at 100% was okay enough already. With having oath reduced to what it is now, Scipio's ultimate loses to Sulla's whip. This is rediculous. Oath already lost badly to vengeance and now it's going to get demolished even further now. What was the point in reducing oath's stats?

DeciusMaximus #27 Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
This will improve the game! Nice!

Raevaks #28 Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Germanicus spotted :p

Bronze_Spear #29 Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Well, being that "Oathed" units are now orderable I completely understand why they one-upped and skimmed a little more off the top.....As is at the end game level Legatus cav are monsters so I can just picture the horror of a fully upgraded and mobile "Oathed" Legatus cav unit using it in a contained fight to maneuver from unit to unit without the fear of routing.......Scary.....

Aristomachos #30 Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:57 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
LOL Now greeks are only good with archers.

XUtherPendragon #31 Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:51 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

the game is running good but in close future will grow system requirements for game ? or not

Schlosser_J_nos #32 Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:49 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I really hope so, that archer problems will be corrected soon: they have the absolutely same dmg and pathetic stats from tier5 untill tier8, and they cant really assist to anything in higher tier battles - they are too fast.

Bad joke to say its historical, when some heavy armored units from the greeks runs faster than the 0 armored archers. ( Both with the faster commander. ) This should not possible. Please, improve the archer line from tier5-8, both dmg, and armor. ( Should speed too. )

Why nerfing Oath of Pres. positive stats ?..

Pikes has the bad side of the story before this, if some cav charged from flank / behind, they started running like covards, so they was well enough voulnerable from any other directions. Dont say a word about T5-6-7 problems roman infantry against pikes, is that ... khm historically possible? So pike wall is pike wall, its not some kind " i shield it easly" joke. Just in this game.

Edited by Schlosser_J_nos, 19 December 2017 - 07:59 AM.

Schlosser_J_nos #33 Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:59 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostBronze_Spear, on 18 December 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

Well, being that "Oathed" units are now orderable I completely understand why they one-upped and skimmed a little more off the top.....As is at the end game level Legatus cav are monsters so I can just picture the horror of a fully upgraded and mobile "Oathed" Legatus cav unit using it in a contained fight to maneuver from unit to unit without the fear of routing.......Scary.....

Oath can only activated if u are in fight, and finishes after fight, noone will running under Oath on the map :D

And mostly evry team have some pike / spear unit.

Edited by Schlosser_J_nos, 19 December 2017 - 08:03 AM.

ChaiDogsLiveLongNProsper #34 Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:42 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
until an actual change to pike happens I will keep playing Caesar javs and arty...

Tryndaweniger #35 Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostHELL_SunTzu, on 18 December 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

Scipio got nerfed even more

holy crap I remember you

We played a few games together yesterday, I was the usleess barb archer guy, remember me?
Thanks for carrying my garbage butt

Also yeah sucks for my man. Probably not even worth anymore popping oath in most scenarios

Edited by Tryndaweniger, 19 December 2017 - 09:07 AM.

Miedziak321 #36 Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostRaevaks, on 18 December 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

As you can see, the most played commander is germanicus, and the most played units are swordsmen. Germanicus with swordsmen is the most unblanced thing in the game, swordsmen are insanely powerful (and vengence ? This skill doesn't even deserve to exist !). But It will never be nerf ! Why ? Like I said, because it is the most played commander and the patches are done only with the players feedbacks (AND NOBODY NEVER TEST IT IN THE DEV TEAM). So, the players feedbacks which have the more weight are the germanicus players one.

Pikes were NOT overpowerfull actually, (but many peoples are dumb). When I played against pikes, I was faaar to be as much afraid as when I play against swordsmen.0

If you take pikes with Leonidas, you can't turn 180° in less than 5sec (except for T9, but I'm okay that the repositioning skill has nothing to do here, it should be removed).

If you take pikes with Cynane, you can turn in 180° in less than 2sec, BUT you are very vulnerable against missiles !

If you take pikes with Alexander, actually, Anvil is totally overpowerfull, but you are weak against missiles and you can't turn fast.

Miltiade is not a very good pikes commander.

Pikes were balanced, they are now useless.

Plus, Sowrdsmen can frontally beat pikes, example with T7 pikes against T6 T7 or T8 swordsmen who deal 20 dmg to swordsmen, so they won't kill them befors swordsmen pass through pikes.

Then, Archers still can't reach T9...

Scipio oath is not OP as it is now and did not deserve a nerf (While germanicus need more than a nerf, a complete rewamp)

So I have one question to people who are saying good changes :

Are you playing Germanicus ? Did you even play arena and test all units ? Or are you WG bots which are programmed to say : "Good changes" ?

Because this patch is a real piece of crap, all of changes.

There is only one thing that could makes pikes weaker without making them useless, that is the pike phalanx cooldown after disabled it. Only this change, alone, could make the game more balanced. Because you can fake charge pikes, they will enable phalanx, retreat, then they will up phalanx, and charge them before the cooldown end.

Raevaks He is right. This unit is useless now.

Balty09 #37 Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:33 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I just wonder, if i will get most aggression, defence, and supoort points maybe even capture points. What will showed at screen? Will i be Vanguard Guardian Strategist Aly" or jsut one of them? :D

Anyway good job with pikes, hope it will solve current problem.

De_Gaulle #38 Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:53 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

PIkemen are still not very usefull against cavalry....

now they are useless for everything x)

I'am always stoned when I see a bunch of spartan hold a line as a phalanx against 3 units of swordsmen.... I guess this is working as intended... I felt it a little o/p

ANd please don't forget that pikemens are the slowest infantry unit in the game.

I don't agree with reducing the turn-around by 50%, if it relied on me i would have decreased the power against every infantry (sword, javelin), and increased its power gainst cavaltry because ATM there is no units stronger than cavalry... and this is the purpose of pikemen to kill horses

thanks they got an excelletn def against ranged... bu with the price of losing 80% of their mobility (-50% for the turn around now....)

pikemen against ranged = too slow speed, good def

pikemen against sword = good def but no power

pikemen against javelin = not fast enough, good power if you can catch 'em

pikemen against cavalry = not better than any sword unit... + too slow making damage

pikemen against.... arty... 

Pikemen are good as a defensive wall such as hopplite & phallanx formation, plus they can rise their shield for ranged def that's the only interest of this unit now.

So now don't cry against plp playing pikemens and afk camping in base

Edited by De_Gaulle, 19 December 2017 - 01:02 PM.

Thomassidas #39 Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostWipeoutVasusu, on 18 December 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

basically all the bonus for archer only and the moral buff on infiltration.

Do you know that morale buff increases your charge impact? So it is usefull in some situations

Edited by Thomassidas, 19 December 2017 - 03:00 PM.

Arialz #40 Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostThomassidas, on 19 December 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Do you know that morale buff increases your charge impact? So it is usefull in some situations

Removed since the rework patch of the bloob / charge mechanic if i am right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users