Introduce yourself!

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

ThePrussianPrince #41 Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:52 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

I'm Radu (more known as ThePrussianPrince), and no I don't have any Prussian ancestors I know about. I chose this name back when I played my first Total War game competitively (Napoleon Total War) because at the time I loved playing as Prussia (those Prussian fusiliers were amazing), and due to the fact that Prince of Macedon was my inspiration. Cheesy, I know, but that's how my name came about. Also a proud member of the Brotherhood of Aggony clan.

As for my history with Total War in multiplayer, I started playing Total War competitively with Napoleon, as I said, and continued playing whichever Total War game came out next at a high level as well. I've participated in plenty of tournaments and won several, in Napoleon, Shogun 2, Fall of the Samurai, Rome 2, Attila, and Warhammer. If I'm to be honest, I think Shogun 2/FotS were the games most suited for competitive play, after that it seemed like not much effort was put into the multiplayer of TW games, which is why I ended up abandoning them at some point, including Warhammer. I'm not counting Arena here.

Perhaps more importantly, though, I've uploaded tournament matches on my YouTube channel, with commentary, which I also streamed. I've also hosted my own tournaments, been an administrator in others, and helped build the competitive scene however much I could.

When it comes to Arena, I started playing it when it was first available for the "public" to play, November 2014 if I recall correctly. I loved it a lot from the very beginning, so much that I don't think I enjoyed a Total War game as much as Arena. That being said, I didn't quite like how the game was progressing in the last few months of it being online, but I'm hoping that with Wargaming's assistance the game will be on the right track.

Your favorite Total War game in the series is...

Total War Shogun 2 (with Fall of the Samurai included). Arena has the potential to surpass it though.

But why?

It absolutely is the best game of the entire Total War series when it comes to multiplayer, in my opinion. Great balance, fun, less reliant on builds than other TW games, and heavily dependent on micro ability.

What is the best faction in the series? Most certainly..

Boii because they're OP. :)

On a scale from Dalek to Mandalorian, how much of a nerd are you? 

I won Europa Universalis/Stellaris/Hearts of Iron merchandise. So, pretty nerdy.

Pick a side - Star Trek or Star Wars?

Star Wars.

No, seriously. Marvel or DC?

Marvel.

Which gaming platform is the greatest and why do you think it's the PC?

PC because you can play a lot of the games that are already on the consoles, and there are PC excluvies, and also you can run games at higher resolution or graphics, you can also play using whatever you want (be it keyboard, controller, or whatever). There are mods for games too, of course.

Edited by ThePrussianPrince, 25 November 2016 - 09:34 PM.

RTKsGotterfunkenMD #42 Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:57 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

Tell us about yourself!

I make a living reading books and writing things no one can understand. About a year ago i became a RTK, and since then my life is resume in playing TW tournaments and academic work and nothing more. Playing TW since Rome 1. Played 1000h in the old Closed Alpha/Beta and about 3000 matchs, so looking to see the new one.

Medieval 2 for SP, and Shogun 2 for MP.

But why?

Because i am old.

SENATVSPOPVLVSQVEROMANVS

I can understand what Alfred Tarski wrote, that is real nerd.

I don't like sci fi and space shit, at all.

Don't like comic books. This american industry is just a boring representation of christian and western culture, that means is pure decadence. If you want really interesting comics, read some manga, Jets Comics for seinen, and Shonen Jump for shonen.

PC, because any rational and intelligence developer puts their game on Steam, making a perfect unified platform/community.

Edited by RTKsGotterfunkenMD, 25 November 2016 - 09:43 PM.

Xarthare #43 Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:09 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

But why?

Heyo PPl, I'm VG - Claudius Aquila. Not sure if anyone here played with me or against me, if so you probably disliked me a lot because i was a nightmare with my roman cavalry. Anyhow i'm pleased to see that sooner than later we will be able to play, once again, ARENA!!!!!!

Romans, do you need to ask ?

Guess Boba fett did a good job erasing the first one since i have no idea who they are

Star Wars.... the other is an insult to my hears

Really ;P? MARVEL, plus I know some girls who like marvel are they are gorgeous!

You will not leave any lame comments about other consoles, you will not leave lame comments about Chuck norris destroying pc's

M__C__M #44 Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:11 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Michael, .ro, 34 yrs, father to a persian king, husband to Bambi/Maleficent (depending on the mood).

M2 - era

Empire - for the new elements that it introduced that impacted the following titles

Attila - campaign

S2 - MP

Arena - it's a different breed...

But why?

See above

There is no #1. I love many of them, I love specialized units, a good challenge without absurd/illogical difficulty.

The fact that I know the outcome (loss) of the last Arena battle (4267th) the map (Thermopylae), the build (Alex - 1x cretan, 2x cataphracts), the points (8588) makes me a nerd?!

Trek Wars

Batman in Iron Man costume.

It's like asking why good is better than bad...

Edited by M__C__M, 25 November 2016 - 09:21 PM.

boahancock32 #45 Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:15 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Hello, my name is boa hancock , I am big one fan of total war arena!!!!!!!!!!

ARENA naturally

But why?

Because it is the only one and the best game of battles has this day

Romains:GERMANICUS

Pick a side - Star Trek or Star Wars

Star Wars

Marvel:Hulk X-Mens Spiderman..............

SUNTZU_Pwn3d #46 Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:19 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Hello everyone - I'm Patrick from Denmark, 26 years old and a complete Total War Fan. Have been playing since Total War: Rome and have been hooked ever since!

Formerly known as "Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam" on the Arena Servers.

Total War: Rome!

But why?

It was my first gaming experience with the Roman Era which has always interested me immensely and the game just incapsulated this historic feeling. Aaah, the nostalgia.

There is nothing but ROME!

Western Roman Empire on Legendary.

Neither.

Marvel - no doubt!

Haha - I like this rethorical question. PC is superior in every way obviously - there isn't even a point in discussing..

Happy to be back and look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield!

- Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam -

Edited by ttm_pwn3d, 25 November 2016 - 10:21 PM.

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam -

"I shall either find a way or make one."

- Nimicum Quamvis Humilem Metuendum Est -

"An enemy, however small, is to be feared."

Stijndee #47 Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:39 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Hey guys good to be back, i am known as |sith|stijndee. Racked up some pretty nice games in arena.

1. TW Arena

2. TW Rome 2

3. TW Warhammer

4. TW Rome

5. TW Attila

6. TW medieval, napoleon, shogun

But why?

Why arena, arena because it has the most fun part of tw games, BATTLES! These battles are fast past, it is a perfect game if you only got 30 minutes to play. The thing I loved the most was gearing up with 4 friends and going nuts on steam evening after evening. Those were the good times.

Rome 2 is second imo, because I just love the time period. It is such a nice game for some fun campaigns (mods included)

In Rome 2 it is rome. In arena it depends on what you want to play with, Hellenic for CAV and ARCHERS, Romans for heavy inf and I could go on with this and name every faction and it specific unit. To conclude, every faction has their strenghts.

I know the basic tricks of the trade. But everytime I start thinking I know it all, guys like TakisSakkis, Voiddragon and MCM keep amazing me with how much more their is to learn. (Still noob with 2000 games played)

Side I Pick Star Wars

Marvel

Which gaming platform is the greatest and why do you think it's the IPHONE!

Who does not want to spend time and play clash of clans on their IPHONE, FYI MAC is the best gaming PC

See you on the field commanders!

Masterbean #48 Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:54 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

I am "known" as [-TWR-]Masterbean, an 18yo guy from germany. I played a bit of Arena back when it was online and for some reason I played enough to end up here. Apart from that I used to play Rome 2 and Attila (especially AoC) competitively (which is a nicer way of telling: "I played in tournaments and got trashed by other players" ;)) and a bit of TW:Warhammer, although I dropped out of MP for multiple reasons around August and never really bothered to get back in.

Your favorite Total War game in the series is... + But why?

I'll literally post the same games my clanmate MCM already posted due to the exact same reasons. Except ETW. And I pick RTW over M2TW because I never played M2.

Rome 1 due to the era. Mostly because this game has some nostalgic value to me though.

Attila because of its campaign. Sure, this game was (still is in some way) an unoptimized and mostly unbalanced mess, but the campaign was one of (if not the) most complex TW campaigns I ever played. Unfortunately, Auto-Resolve is just extremely broken.

Shogun 2 wins the MP-Award because the multiplayer aspect is just so fleshed out there. Unfortunately I never really get to play it as much as I'd like to.

Arena because it's Arena. I don't know why. Probably because of me really enjoying evening after evening playing with friends. Oh, and the ESL events.

Pergamon in Rome 2. Totally the most OP faction that got made ever!

A solid Shai-Hulud, I'd guess.

Why not Zoidberg both?

Marvel

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide I'll just leave this here

Edited by Masterbean, 25 November 2016 - 11:55 PM.

RetroChronos #49 Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:31 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Salutations friends,

Tell us about yourself!

I currently identify as Retro Chronos while on the internet ^_^

I am terrible at talking about myself so this will be partly awkward.

I'm a Total War fanboy pretty much so I'm excited that Arena is coming back, but at the same time I have a dislike for Wargaming and its grind fest fiesta (which is why I liked Arena's significantly lighter grind).

I usually play a lot of games in my free time, which is pretty much everything such as MOBAs (Smite, LoL, and HoTs), Grand Strategy (All the Total Wars and pretty much most of the stuff from Paradox), FPS (Heroes and Generals, and Verdun), and a bunch of other random games.

Napoleon or Empire

But why?

ARTILLERY AND GUNPOWDER IS AWESOME!

And I love the scale Empire had of multiple continents and sea maps.

Prussians from Empire as they have awesome line infantry

Ehhh I'm heavily into Historical fiction, and alternate history myself.

Imma going with Star Wars though both have good and bad stuff.

Ehh not really a direct fan of either as both have ups and downs.

PC master race.

Synoptichawk #50 Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:54 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Die bona, amici!

Tell us about yourself!

27 year old English teacher with a love for history. Been playing TW games since Shogun 1 and it's been a love-hate relationship ever since.

Rome 1

But why?

Absolutely loved the Romans in that game!....even though my first world conquering win was with the Carthaginians... :;)

The Romans, of course! I mean, just look at them! They're so...Roman!

I'd ask a Weeping Angel for a selfie and an autograph, and probably faint like weak-kneed fanboy I am..

Hm...Even though Star Wars has Vader, I think I'd rather hang out with Picard!

Marvel for their movies and DC for their character stories? Is this a thing? Am I allowed to go Romeo & Juliet on this?

Well, the pc, of course! I really can't live without platforms like Steam, Wargaming and Battlenet anymore.

RadoKost #51 Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:16 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Hello, my name is Rado. I am also proud to say, a member of RTK, as others on this forum are. I am from Bulgaria, mid 30's, still gaming whenever possible. Even though my wife is cringy about it and I most definitely will have my son a gaming partner some day. My adoration for carnage games is insatiable! :D 

Arena

But why?

It brings a tear of joy. It is fast paced, team oriented, GLORIOUS CARNAGE!!!

What is the best faction in the series? Most certainly...

Rome - for sure. They can hold a piece of land like nobody else (imo).

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!! MILK FOR DA KHORNE FLAKES!!!

Warhammer can take on the both of them, while tied and strolling, without breaking a sweat.

DC I think - it offers more as I see it.

Cuz PC Master Race! 

MassEffects #52 Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:55 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Hello, my ingame names are WingedGun (World of Warplanes) ArmoredGun (World of Tanks) MassEffect (World of Warships) and as WinRarZip (as Steam and Arena). I am a casual gamer that enjoy strategic war games.

It is Arena ofcourse, but I enjoy other series though as far as I've seen on youtube, friends playing, etc...

But why?

If I am not mistaken, Arena uses the TW: Atilla's engine and is an online (hence why) focused serie.

I loved the spartans and went on with the spartans, they were really enjoyable, having those epic last stands against enemy units and shield bash them... If you ahve no idea what I am talking about, go watch the movie 300.

Euhm... Leonidas?

Hmm... I am not familiar with both of them but I think I should go with Interstellar.

Definitly Marvel! My childhood hero was Spiderman and since I get Iron Man know much more, I should say that Iron Man is the hero I would like to be, actually hold on a second, did I mention that Tony Stark has the same features as me?

For consoles I am definitly a no-brainer for Playstation and PC is a platform I can do multiple thing, that's why these two are my favorite platforms.

caratacos #53 Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:06 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Hello, I am Daniel from Sweden. My ingame name is Caratacos. I am a casual gamer, who tend to work a lot. I work as an instructor in the fire department and as a door supervisor at a night club. I prefer MMORPGS and turn based strategy games. But I liked World of Tanks, and really loved Total War Arena! So I am glad to get this opportunity to play it again.

Rome II

But why?

The era. I like to march my legions to destroy the enemy with artillery and closed ranks of legionaires.

Wood elves, always wood elves. But since I haven't been able to try them yet, I'll go for the Picts in Attila.

Not that much.

Star Wars 24/7.

I can't tell the difference. But I know the individual super heroes. Ryan Reynold's Deadpool is the best.

Because...

Edited by caratacos, 26 November 2016 - 11:15 AM.

Viharpajzs #54 Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

I am Zoltán, i live in Hungary. I am Engineer, i like read a books (fantasy, scifi, histroical), watching a movies, go out door, when i have spare time, i go hiking :).
I prefer real-strategy game, but in the past i played with Lineage 2 <3 and WarThunder.

Rome, Rome 2

But why?

In childhood i had a dream that i fought in testudo, but i always interested in ancient past. for example celtic, Roman Empire and Mythology

Elves :D

I dont undersand what is a question :(

Star Trek

both :)

Orklusss #55 Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Orkluss, Switzerland, military officer (captain)

allways loved rpg and strategic games till i found ARENA TW... just felt in love with it.

Great work guys! love you

i started with Rome TW

But why?

i loved the wardogs and remembers me about my childhood.

Romans (i love the testudo formations in combination with long range slingers/bows and wardogs)

i do not know one of them, so i think with both feets on the ground. :-P

Legolas (it seems a bit ...., but he killed an oliphaunt)

Ironman :-P

99% PC!

1% PS 3, since i found final fantasy X again

Edited by Orklusss, 26 November 2016 - 06:42 PM.

Selvaggio_ #56 Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:27 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

My nick is Selvaggio , im Italian and  played TotalWar  since Medieval 1

Napoleon

But why?

Love this period

I don't have a favourite

I do not know

Star Wars

both

PC for the life. Best performance, best coop....best comunity :)

Sceosasciba #57 Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:57 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

I'm Sceosasciba, had to use this name because Sceo was taken, so back to my full name lol, coming from the Netherlands, love reading Fantasy genre books. Also love gaming, games like TW, RocketLeague, Dishonored 2 or some Pokemon MMO's and many other games.

Rome Total War

But why?

First Total War game I got to play, and I love the simplicity of the game, altho I also got Total War Warhammer I still prefer Rome Total War :3

Briton, from Rome Total War  

Well, not so much of a nerd then I suppose lol 

Star Wars, just because I saw them too many times, and grew up with them, Star Trek is from before my time ;-;

Not into comics, if anything I would go for Fairytail :3

I'm not choosing sides in this battle lol, like for my personal gaming I love PC, however I'm used to a controller in my hand, due gaming on console for over 5 years, and only switched to PC this year. I would say PC is better for personal gaming and console is more fun for 4 friends at someone's house that are gaming with each other and having fun while gaming. Something that would require 4 PC's if you would want to do that with 4 friends, which I actually do myself with my friends, but we can only play the games from the year 2002 etc, so like Age of Empires 2, Stronghold ( Crusaders ) etc, which I do love tho :inlove:

DeciusMaximus #58 Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Hi! I am Dominik and come from Austria.

Total War: Arena

But why?

​best ancient fighting feeling ever

Greeks, Spartans

What?

Star Wars

What? sorry

PC, because there are the better games for me

What I espect from the Wargaming Alliance?

That the game remains as good as it was as before.

nalp #59 Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:18 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Nuno from Portugal 37y. and married, sorry girls :teethhappy:

M2

Attila 

Rome II

Arena

But why?

the 2nd fav time in history

best battles UI game

the 1st fav time in history

nice mmo

dont know, but like the greek hoplites, barbarian horses and roman generals.

what? no sci-fi here :D just history crazy

S Wars

Marvel.

ahahahah, pc master race

TWR_Khan_Asparukh #60 Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:31 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Martin - Civil engineer from Bulgaria. Known as [-TWR-]KhanAsparukh. Khan Asparukh was the name of the founder of First Bulgarian Kingdom back in 681A.D (at least that is what is written in our history books). Member of Total War Rebels clan. Started playing TW games with Rome Total War. Had a blast with it in SP. Then played a lot MP tourneys in Shogun2 (good times). Have 1000+ hours in ARENA (the game has the potential to be great..... dont fck it up :D)

Rome Total War for SP and Shogun 2 for MP.

But why?

Rome Total War because you always remember your first....

Shogun 2 was special game for me.

What is the best faction in the series? Most certainly.

Cant remember.... was ages ago. :(

proud quasi nerd.

The Matrix.

Warner Bros

PC because can do all my shlt with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users