Introduce yourself!

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Joe_Crow #121 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

Your favorite Total War game in the series is...

Rome: Total War

But why?

Love that time in history and it was the first i played, i also live in the town in England where Julius Caesar first landed!!!

What is the best faction in the series? Most certainly..

I always like fast moving cavalry units, love the Horse Archers

On a scale from Dalek to Mandalorian, how much of a nerd are you? 

I am not a nerd I am a Colossus

Pick a side - Star Trek or Star Wars?

I love Star Wars but Star Trek much better because of how Humanity has evolved and how Humanity lives in the Star Trek world. We have grown out of our infancy our petty need for things

No, seriously. Marvel or DC?

who cares

Which gaming platform is the greatest and why do you think it's the PC?

Consoles are for kids and people who favour thumbs over fingers

ArneVoid #122 Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Hi! I'm known around as ArneVoid, 24 years old. Usually the guy that always uses the paint-brush and the danger ping to help (or annoy) my team around.

I used to play most of the Total Wars starting from Medieval 1. I haven't played the Warhammer ones as it's not my type of setting.

Singleplayer: Medieval 2
definitely. The total war engine 2 was in my opinion a much better engine to play with. Also the many full overhaul mods like Third Age and Broken Crescent kept me playing this game with a passion. Attila was also one very fun to play, as the campaign could turn out very dramatic.

Multiplayer: Empire total war. Not sure the best one, but I had the best memories with my old clan playing this game. The many 4v4 battles we played toghether and how close they were always gave me an adrenaline boost.

Medieval 2: In my experience I found Spain or Portugal one of the strongest middle to end game. Though France isn't too far from it.

Empire Total war: I usually crushed my enemies online with Russia. The cheap but very decent Cossacks were always and underestimated force.

In my younger days. Prefer to go out and have a drink now. 

I never watched Star Trek and watched all of the SW movies and series so SW it is.

None, not really into superhero movies.

Ha, PC definitely has the most to offer when it comes to games and options for customising/modding them.

Nothing though beats good old co-op with friends behind a tv screen.

Politics is a forever struggle between deontology and teleology.

Kampf_Dohle #123 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

Hallo,

ich bin " Kampf_Dohle " aus Sachsen in Deutschland.

Ich habe ehrlich gesagt nur drei kleine Fragen an die Community. 

Im neuen Game Center von wargaming.net bin ich auf das Spiel " Total War Arena " gestoßen. Ich finde es interessant, nur ich habe ein Problem. : huh:

- Wie komme ich in das Spiel, oder was müsste ich machen, um einen Zugang zu erhalten? 

- Ist das Spiel offiziell spielbar, oder nicht für die Öffentlichkeit zugänglich?

- Wann kann man das Spiel so spielen, wie WoWs , WoT oder WoWPl ???

Mit meinen Zugangsdaten funktioniert es nicht.

Ich wäre für eine Info dankbar und grüße die Community ... :) 

Kampf_Dohle

Edited by Kampf_Dohle, 12 September 2017 - 02:10 PM.

ChrysanthemumCrest #124 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Greetings, I'm ChrysanthemumCrest, or Chrysanth for short. My age is closer to 9 than to 90, and I play games that I (obviously) like, RTS, TBS, RPG, FPS or shooter (yes, I know, I game too much). I'm mostly active in World of Warships, but after played my first game on the TW:A, looks like WoWs going to get less time from me.

Shogun 2 Total War and Napoleon

But why?

Well.. reasons. Mainly history, perhaps?

The Uesugi and Prussians.. those monks are lit AF.

Uhm.. what?

Neither.. I don't really follow either. But the last one I watched was Star Trek, many years ago.

Same answer as above, but if I had to absolutely choose one, then Marvel.

PC, no doubt about it.. and why, no idea. And PS2 obviously.

Well, here I am, ready to spam questions on the forum threads. I hope you don't mind having me here!

Cheers

Chrysanth

Edited by ChrysanthemumCrest, 15 September 2017 - 07:17 PM.

Strappster #125 Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:21 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Tell us about yourself!

Renowned throughout the lands of my house as being tall, cynical and allergic to cats, Strappster is mostly known for setting up complicated forum jokes that often don't have a traditional pay-off. This is not because he isn't funny, it's totally because he's misunderstood. Played a lot of tabletop RPGs and wargames so accepts RNG more gracefully than the CounterStrike generation.

Medieval II.

But why?

Historical period I'm most interested in, entertaining blend of strategy, politics (albeit a lightweight implementation because I don't want to play Civ.) and big blokes twatting each other with swords.

The English because historically if anyone's better, we'll invade and steal whatever it is that's giving them the advantage.

Arthur Dent.

Doctor Who.

DC Thomson.

The greatest would have to be the GameBoy or similar hand-held for the size of the market and providing a gateway to computer gaming for so many people through simple controls. As much as I enjoy PC gaming, having a game that uses half the keyboard to input commands while also using a mouse to steer and shoot isn't the ideal introduction to gaming for many people.

PCs represent a pinnacle, however, because of the configurability of the hardware, ease of access, modding scene to various games, etc., so much of which is closed off to console gamers. Bit difficult to get four people around one PC playing a single game though, so there's still a place for consoles.

I see you, baby, shakin' that ass. What's that poor donkey ever done to you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users