Archers too powerful?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

CaesarDiviFiliusAugustus #1 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Hey everyone,

I just started playing this game about 3 weeks ago, and something really grinding my gears is, even when I move archers hit me with their projectiles, I mean it is somewhat unrealistic. Does the archer shots' have simply mechanism to follow the unit, or am I just being paranoid? haha... 

Regards,

CaesarDiviFiliusAugustus

Mahribar #2 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:28 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Excuse me, but you are paranoid.

You can easily dodge archer shots, if u take a look at them and when you see them starting move your toop in a 90° angle away from your initially direction.

You will see, that the arrows won't hit your guys. Archers shoot at a place, where your topps will be, when the arrows hit the ground and between starting arrows and hitting you there's enough time to dodge them.

Rebelodicus #3 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

You can easily dodge archer shots, if u take a look at them and when you see them starting move your toop in a 90° angle away from your initially direction.

You will see, that the arrows won't hit your guys. Archers shoot at a place, where your topps will be, when the arrows hit the ground and between starting arrows and hitting you there's enough time to dodge them.

IMHO It's not that easy, but it is possible with practice depending on the unit.(Testudo can prety much ignore archers) Also you may find that Cynane has "Hunt" switched onto one of your units. You need to work on the ranges you are working at and the various skills of the unit and commander if you are a projectile unit and learn to duck and dive as cav or cover up as melee

~ Reb ~

To have a M8 you gotta BM8

www.bm8clan.com

Mahribar #4 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:08 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Yeah, for sure i did not mentioned units, they can deflect archers arrows with skills (testudo, raise shields, etc.). They are also to slow to do so.

Every other unit can easily dodge the arrows. And it is easy because they all have enough speed to do so.

You just have to pay attention and need a little bit of movement skill.

Edited by Mahribar, 07 December 2017 - 11:08 AM.

Kingnikolaj #5 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:07 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian
Are archer too powerful? No.... It might seem like they are but even a weak cavalry charge will mess them up enough for them to have to retreat and regroup

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

Comp4ny #6 Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

A good Archer player is powerful. A good CAV player is powerful. Every good player are Powerful.

But Archers to powerful? No, i can't confirm this. The Unit himself has good qualitys, but many players are to bad, can't play.

Comp4ny on TWITCH.tv & Youtube

XIIl_Barosz #7 Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:28 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Comp4ny's full agreement with you  good player makes certain units seem to be OP. The problem is in MM rather than in the units themselves, sometimes some  units is too many on the battlefield.Distribution of units in teams is not always fair: one team gets a lot of distant units while the other one gets less and even a shorter range.  Or one of the teams does not receive any counter on enemy units.Not even mentioning distribution of tiers.
Only a response that raises more questions is a good answer..

oOChromeOo #8 Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
In a late game archers are really powerfull and unbalanced + cynane with ult shoting like a machinegun. Some players talking about avoid shots... Are you joking right? With romans infantry yeah

ChaiDogsLiveLongNProsper #9 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
T5 archer is actually broken. Everything else feels fine. 

PaiNzzz #10 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:07 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostCaesarDiviFiliusAugustus, on 07 December 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Hey everyone,

I just started playing this game about 3 weeks ago, and something really grinding my gears is, even when I move archers hit me with their projectiles, I mean it is somewhat unrealistic. Does the archer shots' have simply mechanism to follow the unit, or am I just being paranoid? haha... 

Regards,

CaesarDiviFiliusAugustus

What I've noticed is that archers actually account for your movement. So, what you have to do is change direction or start moving right after they fire. If you are immobile, they fire on your current location. If you move, they fire on the location you will be -approximately- when the arrows strike. So moving in a straight line does help, but only a little. Change in movement is what really makes them miss a lot, and especially so if you make a 90 degree turn right when they shoot, you will greatly reduce the damage taken.

Wait, why am I saying this, I main archer... Oh well :P

IMP_Capore_Zaratusta1 #11 Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:00 AM

Munifex

• Concilium Plebis
The problems with archers:

1. Cynane must have 50% of penalties to Armor piercing damage, I dont understand why after steam_test developers  from  50%, to 0%
2. Also +10% to distance dont needed on Cynane
3.3nd ability of Cynane 4 sec of -90% reload very powerfull on high tiers. 7-10 aр damage*10-12 shots*100  very great damage
4. AP damage of archers must be 6-7(6 on 10 tier) not 7-10 with modifications
5. 1-st ability of Cynane dont needed on archers [missile infantry]

Edited by IMP_Capore_Zaratusta1, 03 January 2018 - 06:02 AM.

Arclinon #12 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostCaesarDiviFiliusAugustus, on 07 December 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Hey everyone,

Regards,

CaesarDiviFiliusAugustus

Yes and no, they do have a mechanism of predicting where you are going to be when the shot lands. As such if you are moving to the right when they fire then shot will land where you will be and not where you were. However Arrows cannot change their trajectory once fired so if you change your movement when you see the arrow then you can avoid it. Or even go into it and use testudo for free points

PaiNzzz #13 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostIMP_Capore_Zaratusta1, on 03 January 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

The problems with archers:
1. Cynane must have 50% of penalties to Armor piercing damage, I dont understand why after steam_test developers  from  50%, to 0%
2. Also +10% to distance dont needed on Cynane
3.3nd ability of Cynane 4 sec of -90% reload very powerfull on high tiers. 7-10 aр damage*10-12 shots*100  very great damage
4. AP damage of archers must be 6-7(6 on 10 tier) not 7-10 with modifications
5. 1-st ability of Cynane dont needed on archers [missile infantry]

So the so called "problems with archers" are that archers don't have any problems, except from the fact that you'd like them to have ~2 less penetration. All others are your opinions about the commander.

People, stop saying that archers need to be nerfed when there's nothing wrong with archers, and all you have to say is about the commander.

Testudo and Fight in the Shade completely negate missile damage. Raise shields from Javelins, Pikes and maybe others blocks 80-85% of missiles on mid to high tiers. Heavy roman infantry have a 45% missile chance on tier 6 last time I checked and are armoured to the teeth.

Find something else than archers to blame.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users