Patch Notes for update 2.3.1 (goes live on the 07/12/2017)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Akriom #-19 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:07 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator

Commanders!

Our next update is scheduled for tomorrow (07/12/2017) and will bring a few new things on top of some bug fixing.

Read below for more information:

Patch Highlights

NEW - Cooperative Game Mode

image2017-11-28 16_17_36.png

This patch features the first implementation of AI in Total War: ARENA in our new cooperative mode. This iteration of the system is limited to commanders below Tier IV, and pits 10 human players against a team of 10 enemy AI.

We have created this mode to allow new players to play the game in a pressure-free environment where they can learn ARENA's game mechanics without the stress of trying to counter complex manoeuvres and allow them to focus on teamwork and learning the basics.

After 10 battles, new players will be prompted to try the PvP mode, but they will be able to progress up to Tier IV without being forced to do so, as players still earn rewards in cooperative. The reason we've restricted this mode to commanders Tier I-III is twofold. Firstly, this first iteration of the AI has not been designed to provide an enjoyable challenge for advanced players, it is primarily a training experience for new players, and we also don't want to unnecessarily remove higher tier commanders from the PvP matchmaking pool, especially to fight an AI that is not currently able to match their skill level. This early implementation also doesn't yet support more advanced unit types (such as war dogs and pikes), but that is something we are looking at and are hoping to feature in the future.

With all that said, this mode is available to all players, and both new and experienced players can try it by clicking the little down arrow on the right side of the play button on a Tier I-III commander.

NEW - Home Screen Front End

Winter has arrived! To celebrate this, we've updated the front end with a new snowy theme. We are excited to see the community feedback about this cosmetic change, as we are interested in the possibility of creating more unique front ends. The familiar forest setting will return in the future, but for now, we're happy to let our soldiers celebrate the festive season. Perhaps they'll soon have some historically festive items to keep them warm too...

Frontend.png

NEW - Alpis Graia Winter Variant

Winter hasn't just invaded the front end, it's snowing in the Alps too. A new winter variant of the Alpis Graia map is going to replace the old spring map as part of our push to make every map feel and look unique. The Alps was an obvious first choice for this as its historical significance comes from its gruelling winter conditions. We also want to extend this treatment to other maps, so expect seasonal variants for others maps to arrive sometime in the future. The changes are purely cosmetic and don’t affect gameplay in any way. Adding map-wide gameplay effects into a map that you didn’t specifically choose to fight on goes against the spirit of fair competition, especially as those changes would then have to affect all unit types to maintain balance, nullifying their use in the first place. We’re looking forward to getting your feedback on this seasonal variant, and what other maps you’d like to see given this treatment.

alpis_graia_screenshot04.jpg

alpis_graia_screenshot05.jpg

alpis_graia_screenshot06.jpg

Bugfixes:

• Fixed a crash with Crossfire/SLI setups when playing in fullscreen. 
  • Battle chat now enabled during deployment. 
  • Fixed an issue where it would require double tapping enter to close chat in battle. 
  • Fixed a bug where players were unable to cancel a unit order using the assigned hotkey. 
  • Group movement destination direction no longer fixed facing the same direction. 
  • Unit highlight no longer appears in the sky when reducing the 3D render buffer scale to the lowest value.
  • Live replay scoreboard no longer displays erroneous information.
  • Fixed issue with floating swords on the Commander victory screen.
  • UI will no longer refresh multiple times when booting. 
  • Friendly fire penalties now displays in the pie chart breakdown. 
  • Barricades now spawn VFX smoke when being deployed. 
  • Heavy Bullets consumable now conveys its knockback to the player effectively. 
  • Currency icons no longer missing when matchmaking.
  • Correct tooltip now displays when mousing over a locked premium unit when the player doesn't have enough gold to purchase it. 
  • Forest world information text now fits in the world info UI.
  • Rapid shot no longer uses Cynane's Barrage VO lines.
  • [Localisation - RU|FR|GE - Premium account suggestion text is no longer very small]
  • [Localisation - GE - Now displays appropriate text for closing the scoreboard rather than a #]

Edited by Akriom, 06 December 2017 - 03:29 PM.

Kingnikolaj #-18 Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:50 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian
early patch \o/

Edited by Kingnikolaj, 06 December 2017 - 03:50 PM.

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

Paganwitch #-17 Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:37 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
currently i care about y friendlist

Shaun_Rasmussen #-16 Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:27 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
No balance tweaks?

SUNTZU_JoJo #-15 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

The cooperative Game Mode looks like fun!

Also, I can only imagine the amount of work spent on the 'Winter Theme', especially for the map.

+1

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

james_sobotowski #-14 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:57 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
If anyone complains their feet are cold feel free to give them a dose of scorched earth, a whole new take on friendly fire

Mahribar #-13 Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
no fix for archer equipment bug?

ChaiDogsLiveLongNProsper #-12 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I wish arty bugs are fixed...

MongusDei #-11 Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:12 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Where is oath bug fix?

Raevaks #-10 Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:56 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Archers bug not fixed... We still can't reach t9 archers ! And the worse is that T8s are by far the worst archers in the game. It make the match with T10, they don't have rapid fire, they don't have flaming fire, they are weak AF and they havn't got enough damages to kill T10 hoplites or swordsmen from rear ! T8 archers are totally useless...

Qelador #-9 Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:47 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Hello there lads, was wondering, will AI battles go towards the 100 victory condition for the rewards or not?

CaesarDiviFiliusAugustus #-8 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostQelador, on 07 December 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

Hello there lads, was wondering, will AI battles go towards the 100 victory condition for the rewards or not?

I hope so... I don't think they'd do such a move and exclude it.

Qelador #-7 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostCaesarDiviFiliusAugustus, on 07 December 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

Ty for the reply, hope so too, still might happen, but yeah there's a huge chance they won't .

bodsjnr #-6 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
hey when will the game be back online?

Rebelodicus #-5 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostQelador, on 07 December 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

Frankly it would be ridiculous if they did.  Training with an AI is not even close to the real thing and would totaly invalidate the qualification.  Look at WoT and the others... suggest this in there and you'd probably be responsible for deaths from peole laughing too much  :teethhappy::p

~ Reb ~

To have a M8 you gotta BM8

www.bm8clan.com

jimon #-4 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:29 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View Postbodsjnr, on 07 December 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

hey when will the game be back online?

It is up again

TaharPT #-3 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:35 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Nice patch keep good work ;)

Weskerrr #-2 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian
Alpis Graia looks lovely, hats off!

Even though I would have loved some tweaks to units, especially when it comes to charges.

Anyhow, I'll make sure to check the new PvE out and hopefully give some useful feedback on it.
Patch notes for Closed Beta will be very very very very long.
Kappa
You can quote me on that ~Mistrzu

Pyrdacor #-1 Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:47 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostCaesarDiviFiliusAugustus, on 07 December 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

Agree with me!
It would be nonsense to introduce a new mode (like COOP), and then the battles carried out there would not count.

Rebelodicus #0 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:05 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostPyrdacor, on 07 December 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

Agree with me!
It would be nonsense to introduce a new mode (like COOP), and then the battles carried out there would not count.

Frankly this has got to be wishfll thinking. In any other similar game like WoT the training modes cost sreds/silver (as they don't make any) and you have an AI that has the initiative of a potato .. why on earth give experience/credits or any kind of certificated recognition in real terms?   You're bonkers my friends and realy nieve  :)

~ Reb ~

To have a M8 you gotta BM8

www.bm8clan.com

2 user(s) are reading this topic