More exp boost for Closed beta and bonus teaser!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Akriom #1 Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator

Commanders!

For those who might have missed our announcementon our official website, you will be happy to know that everyone who participated in the Closed Beta Open Week can continue playing during the rest fo Clsoed Beta!

What more? Plenty more!

We've added a permanent +100% battle reward bonus to all your games (it is not marked on your end battle results but it is there.) for a starter.

And as a finisher, we've just teased what type of rewards Closed Beta players will receive when Open Beta starts!

• Main principle: the more you play, the more we reward you.

To get the full information, go check our news article here.

So, see you on the battlefield!

Kingnikolaj #2 Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian
Do previous victories count for the 100 needed or is it 100 victories from now?

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

Paganwitch #3 Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
i hope it count becouse i get lot + it say its progresive more win better reward
but sad thy add it now.. i have many ppl in friendlist who dont play and dont watch forum etc and thy dont play simply becouse "its pointles becouse of reset"

_Cure #4 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:50 AM

Munifex

• Praetorian

View PostKingnikolaj, on 05 December 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

Do previous victories count for the 100 needed or is it 100 victories from now?

i want know that too so i'm joining to that question :)

Anyway i like this idea :)

Akriom #5 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:18 AM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator

Yes, amount of battles won are counted from the  beginning of Closed Beta.

And that is just one example, a teaser of what is coming, we'll be sharing more!

Smacks21 #6 Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:19 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I don't find very nice than only won battles count because it depends on your luck in MM... but it's better than nothing.

Edited by Smacks21, 06 December 2017 - 01:37 PM.

XIIl_Barosz #7 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSmacks21, on 06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

I don't find very nice than only won battles count because it depends on your luck in MM... but it's better than nothing.

Counting all the battles is a VERY bad idea.
Imagine these abuses, plenty of players entering the battle and leaving it right away, this approach kills all the pleasure of gameplay and this is not what games are all about. 
Learn to focus on winning games and not on points.
Pay more attention to minimap and other parts of the map. 
Look at other players in other parts of the map.
ALWAYS go back to the base especially cavalry when you see it is in danger.

Only a response that raises more questions is a good answer..

Smacks21 #8 Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:19 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Lol... Paying more attention on winning and not on points.... You really don't know how I'm playing so please don't quote me to tell things like that.

Maybe you are in a team, maybe you only play with 3 mates because you can play on a discord channel everytime you're in battle but a large numbers of players can't and, just as I am, are another random you can play with.

Add that a lot of players are playing for points, that a lot of players are new players or are just so bad at strategy games... and yea, there is LOT of parameters that make me think that the victory rate is a lot of luck.

But I consider what you said. You're right, maybe players should come and leave battles.

Maybe time on battles can be known by devs, they probably have stats... Another exemple is xp/silver players won during battles.

I don't know, I was just saying that (for me) it is not fair.., not that the rewards are not enough or something like that.

PS : Thanks for your advices, maybe it'll help someone reading your post :)

Edited by Smacks21, 06 December 2017 - 03:26 PM.

XIIl_Barosz #9 Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Smacks21 If you feel offended, I'm sorry it was not my intention. 
Unfortunately, the problem is such that there will always be someone somehow ''disappointed''  
Only a response that raises more questions is a good answer..

Orochimaru_sannin #10 Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:13 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
The beginning of steam Closed Beta????? :hiding::hiding:

SIN1984 #11 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:59 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostOrochimaru_sannin, on 06 December 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

Same question...

I had 3k battles on steam and around 7k after steam, but I don't remember when closed beta started... So...

Since when does the count start  ?:)

With 10.000 battles will I be able to unlock tier 10 for free ?  :P

Kinizsi_Palossal #12 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:18 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Delete

Edited by Kinizsi_Palossal, 09 December 2017 - 08:20 AM.

WickedMouse #13 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:11 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostOrochimaru_sannin, on 06 December 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

I highly doubt it ;)

Pity they have to announce these rewards now though. Because there was little reward/incentive to play until the game goes into open beta, I have played very little. So now I'll have to catch up and hope I will reach the 100 victories before the time runs out :(

Rebelodicus #14 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:03 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSIN1984, on 06 December 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

Same question...

I had 3k battles on steam and around 7k after steam, but I don't remember when closed beta started... So...

Since when does the count start  ?:)

With 10.000 battles will I be able to unlock tier 10 for free ?  :P

iirc closed Beta started on the  1st September 2017 ;) .. It's when I came onboard

~ Reb ~

To have a M8 you gotta BM8

www.bm8clan.com

WipeoutVasusu #15 Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Veteran from steam will get something?

HiddenSymmetry #16 Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:55 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Great initiative! :)

I do worry that if the reward for 100 Victories is the MINIMUM requirement, that it comes a bit late, since my friends and I did not play too much because of the incoming wipe.

Could anyone perhaps confirm:

- When does the Closed Beta end?

- In the news article the battles in Alpha were mentioned too (of which I had about 350). Do the victory among those count too?

- If they do count, is there any way to see how many wins in total you have?

- Will there be rewards for any number of victories BELOW the 100 mentioned in the news?

Thanks in advance for any questions you might be able to answer, keep up the great work! :D

wolfiena #17 Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:46 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAkriom, on 05 December 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Commanders!

For those who might have missed our announcementon our official website, you will be happy to know that everyone who participated in the Closed Beta Open Week can continue playing during the rest fo Clsoed Beta!

What more? Plenty more!

We've added a permanent +100% battle reward bonus to all your games (it is not marked on your end battle results but it is there.) for a starter.

And as a finisher, we've just teased what type of rewards Closed Beta players will receive when Open Beta starts!

• Main principle: the more you play, the more we reward you.

To get the full information, go check our news article here.

So, see you on the battlefield!

Block Quote

CONDITION: ACHIEVE 100 VICTORIES!  
REWARDS: 50,000 Silver
65,000 Free XP
A unique cosmetic item (we'll reveal this later)
A new title: Warrior
And even more!

In my opinion, 100 victories for 65,000 Free XP is a little too generous. :p I am wondering what I would get with my 1k+ victories.

Gauis_Ian_Burtonious #18 Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
If we are receiving double xp now then I will most likely stop playing by the time the actual game comes out, you need double xp and premium to even get a playable amount of points each game without the game feeling like a waste of time. I would recommend adding a challenge section like on call of duty where players are rewarded for completing certain tasks

AstraeusTheTitan #19 Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Block Quote

so your time spent in game will benefit you once we move past the final content wipe and into the Open Beta stage.

"final content wipe" - does this imply no progress wipe at the conclusion of open beta > gamma release, so that all xp acquired during closed beta is carried over into release day?  :unsure:

Unless I misunderstand, that sounds to be a recipe for really unbalanced matchmaking upon release... all those TW Vets who will come aboard once release day arrives and struggle because they did not participate in the closed beta phase, prefering to enjoy bug-free and complete (gamma) games. :confused:

However, love the "Warrior" tag reward notion though @Akriom and the cosmetic rewards for those of us that have already attained our money's worth!  47% victory of 500 beta battles (and a few alpha) logically puts me near a 250 victory tier I guess.  Darn those CTDs, suicide runs, and consistency testing w/ends lol :rolleyes:

I guess we get news at open beta as to the other factions coming too?  The prospect of Egyptian/Norscan/Persian Cmdrs is cool! :B

WickedMouse #20 Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAstraeusTheTitan, on 11 December 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

"final content wipe" - does this imply no progress wipe at the conclusion of open beta > gamma release, so that all xp acquired during closed beta is carried over into release day?  :unsure:

Unless I misunderstand, that sounds to be a recipe for really unbalanced matchmaking upon release... all those TW Vets who will come aboard once release day arrives and struggle because they did not participate in the closed beta phase, prefering to enjoy bug-free and complete (gamma) games. :confused:

Afaik "content wipe" is a "progress wipe". So you're back to square one. However with these rewards you'll have a bit of a headstart (next to any benefits from the packs).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users