Net Neutrality are in dangerous.

Net Neutrality Freedom of speech Monopolizing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jazz_Khanz #1 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:55 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Hi.

Just now the Internet neutrality and freedom of speech are in dangerous as both big ISP and ofc government want monopolize and censorship small media who don't follow mainstream media.

This will affect both for you who are ytber/streamer or use this platform.

Instead I going write essay or link that many of ppl don't have concentration too read more then 2 lines, I hope at least this video will inform you in some way.

This will not affect just only in USA but will as well affect rest of western world as USA have big influence big part of the world.

I'm apologize I posting OT related but this will affect as well for us all who are in for gaming, communicate with each other from all part of the world too just watch ytb and streamer.

Sincerely JaZZ

https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Edited by Jazz_Khanz, 30 November 2017 - 02:04 AM.

Make Arena Great Again

As a wise man in forum told me "...already part of the game..."

Not Genuine totally unofficial Arena English speaking Forum

http://bananasoftwarena.freeforums.net/

Kingnikolaj #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:12 AM

Centurion

• Praetorian

Jazz... We can all agree that net neutrality is a wonderful and importen thing.

I spoke about this yesterday with a friend of mine and the European concil, UN etc. etc. might fight so that people outside the US get effected and this is a longer debate/talk which I'm not sure really belongs in here though I have to give credits for bringing it into the light for people who don't know about it

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

RaptorAbt #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:46 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
As Kingikolaj states, not really the Forum for such a topic of discussion.

SUNTZU_JoJo #4 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

Whilst the Arena forums may not appear to be the most appropriate place to discuss this; it is in the Tavern subforum section - where we can talk about "anything we want".

My own personal opinion:

-I feel very strongly toward net neutrality!

-I feel it should be discussed, on every forum of every internet page across the net!

Because although we think - "this is only the US" //  "this doesn't affect the EU directly" // "this won't affect online gaming" // "this won't affect Arena specifically".

This is step 1 in the wrong direction.

And once you cross that line, the question is asked: "Where does it stop?"

Sorry Nikolaj & Raptor, but I am totally with Jazz on this one - it needs to be on the minds of every-single-internet user.

Who knows, maybe this is the start - EU is next - and before you know it, you'll be paying extra for the (Gaming package) to have a 'smooth online gaming experience', on top of what you already pay for your Internet.... because although we are not here yet, this is the direction the US is taking - all you have to do is look further down that road, and see where it can lead to, and it's scary.

Fight for Net Neutrality!

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

Raynar_Thul #5 Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Every PVP game that has a game in the US should be raging atm because if they change the net to make it where people have 3 to 5 different net speeds no way in hell anyone that does not have the top speed will play. So their goes 70% of your player base maybe more.

Kingnikolaj #6 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:07 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian

View PostSUNTZU_JoJo, on 30 November 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

Whilst the Arena forums may not appear to be the most appropriate place to discuss this; it is in the Tavern subforum section - where we can talk about "anything we want".

My own personal opinion:

-I feel very strongly toward net neutrality!

-I feel it should be discussed, on every forum of every internet page across the net!

Because although we think - "this is only the US" //  "this doesn't affect the EU directly" // "this won't affect online gaming" // "this won't affect Arena specifically".

This is step 1 in the wrong direction.

And once you cross that line, the question is asked: "Where does it stop?"

Sorry Nikolaj & Raptor, but I am totally with Jazz on this one - it needs to be on the minds of every-single-internet user.

Who knows, maybe this is the start - EU is next - and before you know it, you'll be paying extra for the (Gaming package) to have a 'smooth online gaming experience', on top of what you already pay for your Internet.... because although we are not here yet, this is the direction the US is taking - all you have to do is look further down that road, and see where it can lead to, and it's scary.

Fight for Net Neutrality!

I'm not saying it shouldn't and I even appuled him for bringing it up, I just said taht I'm not sure if this is the best place but I know what you mean

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

RaptorAbt #7 Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:02 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

@ SUNTZU_JOJO  I am not disagreeing with you that the NN topic should be debated by all those who are aware and concerned about it, "on the relevant" debating sites with a bigger public exposure, where they may have some influence or have an impact. However this is a CB digital game forum, where the majority don't care about the subject matter, as it does not impact them directly (yet).

BTW - Tavern. "Talk about (almost) everything - without breaking the forum rules that is"   - ie.  politics, social issues,

FYI: John Oliver raised the subject of NN, 3 years ago on the Lastweektonight (HBO) show Jun 1st 2014 - that is when I became aware of the subject, look it up on YouTube.

Edited by RaptorAbt, 30 November 2017 - 11:57 PM.

Jakerp #8 Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:36 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Largest problem not having net neutrality is that it makes it legal for internet service provideres to cause lags into their current services so they can sell more expensive services without lags. Reason why they want this is that they can sell same thing against but with higher price.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users