Total War Arena - FAQ

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

MrConway #1 Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

COMMVNITVS TEAMVS

• WG Staff

Why is ARENA being published by Wargaming and not SEGA?

SEGA and Creative Assembly are very proud of ARENA and the unique multiplayer battle experience it offers.  The Closed testing last year confirmed the significant potential ARENA has. The publishing deal with Wargaming opens the game up to a huge, brand new community and is a strong fit with the game.

Is Creative Assembly separating from SEGA? With this deal and the Microsoft Halo Wars Two deal, how does this affect the relationship between CA and SEGA?

It doesn’t affect the relationship at all. Both SEGA and Creative Assembly identified a commercially beneficial deal with the best interests of Total War: ARENA at heart. The fact that CA’s console team is working on Halo Wars Two as well, just underlines their agility and talent when it comes to developing games across a range of platforms and disciplines.

Will other Total War or SEGA games also be published by Wargaming now?

This deal is for publishing ARENA only.

Are the same developers working on the game now?

Yes it’s the same development team, but it’s grown to allow us to meet the objectives for the game.

How has the game changed?

While the core mechanics remain the same, following user tests and working closely with Wargaming the game’s balance, user interface and more have been redesigned and rebuilt to provide players with a better experience. In the time to come, we’ll be providing insight on the various changes we’ve made.

Is ARENA still free to play?

Yes, the game is still free to play.

Will ARENA be coming to other platforms?

Currently the focus is on PC only.

Why will my progress be lost?  It was said when the Closed Beta ended there were no plans to reset progress.

Recent development work has included significant changes to the game including the balancing, progression and hosting platform.  All of this means it was not possible to keep game progression. However because the game’s progression system now feels different to what it was before, it’s unlikely that players will feel like they’re having to cover old ground.

Will ARENA be available on Steam?

No, the game will be available via the Wargaming Game Center platform. It is a new platform which will include all Wargaming products with single entry

Will my old ARENA/SEGA account still work?  Will I have to create a new account?

Your old game account will no longer work.  You will need to create a Wargaming Game Center account to be able to play ARENA. 

Will my Wargaming account work for ARENA?

Yes, if you used to play any of Wargaming Trilogy games: World of Tanks, World of Warships or World of Warplanes, you will be able to use the same account to play ARENA. Please take in consideration that during Alpha and Closed Beta stages special activation key will be required in order to access the game. We will be providing more information on how to get one later on.

I am a Rome II owner and was promised early access and in-game items. When will I get that?

We are still working on the timings for this, anyone who owns ROME II or is part of the Vanguard group will receive a special reward, more on this at a later date.

Why do I have to sign a new NDA?

To play in the Closed test phases you will need to sign a Wargaming NDA as part of the sign up process.  The SEGA NDA will no longer be valid.

When will Closed Beta start?

That depends on the progress of the early alpha tests.  We will let you know as soon as we have a confirmed date.  You can submit your email for latest news and Closed Beta information now at TotalWarArena.com.

How can I join Closed Beta?

When will Open Beta start?

The game will be in Alpha stage and later on in Closed Beta to allow for testing and balancing and will move to Open Beta once we have completed that process.

Which countries will the game be available in?

Europe, CIS, US, Asia but not China.

Why not China? Will there be a Chinese version?

Yes, there is a dedicated, localised Chinese version of Total War: ARENA being worked on as well, though it is not part of our partnership with Wargaming. We will bring you more information soon.

Where can I keep up to date with news and updates on the game? Will the old TWA sub forums remain open?

The old ARENA subforums will not remain open, they have been replaced with this forum.

To stay informed with game news go to:

www.TotalWarArena.net

https://www.facebook.com/TotalWarArena

Pryver #2 Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:22 AM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

Will humbe bundle owners get a compensation aswell?

LucaDorian #3 Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:39 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis
Hi, i accidentally activated my alpha key on an asian wargaiming account, but i am european. Is there any way i can transfer my asian account to an european one or get another key so i can activate it on my european account?
greetings Luca

Bronze_Spear #4 Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:58 AM

Munifex

• Concilium Plebis
At least you got a key!!!!!!

Wagab00 #5 Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
if i follow the news forum will i recieve a mail if there is somehing new ?

Maciex105 #6 Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis
Yes :)

ViciousWarPanda #7 Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:21 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Block Quote

Why will my progress be lost?  It was said when the Closed Beta ended there were no plans to reset progress.

Recent development work has included significant changes to the game including the balancing, progression and hosting platform.  All of this means it was not possible to keep game progression. However because the game’s progression system now feels different to what it was before, it’s unlikely that players will feel like they’re having to cover old ground.

So you basicly broke your promise and now tell us "Don't worry, its different. Trust us."? What a pile of dogshit.

The core advancement system stays the same. Probably different Units. You could just convert the used unit XP in Commander XP. The End.

Instead you come up with a preposterous excuse.

martw21 #8 Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:58 AM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

How do you get a alpha weekend key? I signed up on the site.

Edited by martw21, 17 December 2016 - 10:58 AM.

Xeir #9 Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian

When ?

Now playing players who was invited fo play in game in previous tests.

later who have sign for key...Long time ago.

You will propably won't be able to play .... but they will invite you next test

Edited by Xeir, 07 February 2017 - 03:50 PM.

Akriom #10 Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator

Hi LucaDorian,

Can you send a ticket to our Customer Service for them to look into this for you please? 

To contact our European Customer Service please first create a new account (EU account) and contact them here: https://eu.wargaming.../tickets/create

They will guide you through the process to change your account.

King_ExtincE #11 Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:29 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostViciousWarPanda, on 17 December 2016 - 01:21 AM, said:

So you basicly broke your promise and now tell us "Don't worry, its different. Trust us."? What a pile of dogshit.

The core advancement system stays the same. Probably different Units. You could just convert the used unit XP in Commander XP. The End.

Instead you come up with a preposterous excuse.

No. You come up with a preposterous comment.

You literally quote "at this stage there are no plans", that's not a promise btw, that means at that stage there are no plans. At that stage there probably also were no plans to team up with WG Alliance. It was highly irregular already that players from a game in testing phase would keep their progression to release or the next testing phase. Let me say that again to make it more clear:  testing phase.  Personally I also thought it was a really bad idea. Nice, but bad. New players after release would be matched against fully experienced, fully decked out opponents with all the commander skills unlocked, basically not standing a chance and end up quitting because there's no fun in getting stomped, especially because it's not their fault they weren't in the  testing phase. Any reward for testing at all is optional to give out, and I'm sure they'll come up with something, which will probably end up being along the lines of cosmetics like custom shield/armor skins for testers and/or a mid-tier premium unit or 2.

Edited by King_ExtincE, 18 December 2016 - 01:32 PM.

avengerbali #12 Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:39 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

hi i need some help pls if i start on the wargaming net the total war give an error message "service unavailable" what can i do pls help or its just when the server down?

Suntzu_Cure #13 Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

Munifex

• Praetorian
servers down

Haalvut #14 Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:53 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis
Where can I download the Client for Total War Arena? Dont saw it on Wargaming.net and Steam.

Xeir #15 Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian
http://forum.totalwa...nload-the-game/

Haalvut #16 Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis
Can I still play the game now? The Alpha was last Weekend. Will I still get the Email after I typed in my acces Code?

avengerbali #17 Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

i need some help i start the total war arena but it s give an message "service unvailable" and this mean when the server down ? if no pls help what can i do . thank you

Edited by avengerbali, 23 December 2016 - 05:29 PM.

Quo_usque_pro_victoria #18 Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:27 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
It is normal as the game is not currently online, and the servers are down. It will only be online for Alpha tests, during some week-ends.

Edited by Quo_usque_pro_victoria, 23 December 2016 - 06:27 PM.

Hanniball_18 #19 Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:44 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

i dislike that you left steam, my attation (got a few hundred hours in ARENA) was just possible though steam. The game itself is great and i will continue playing it, but maybe i will loose foucs on it, since it is no in my steam libary.

other than that, great work, keep it up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users