Patch notes - Closed beta - update 2.3

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

HoR_i_ZoN #21 Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Where's Surena?   Where's Cyrus?  Where's Rostam?   

-IDE- Ω∙Σ∙Ξ∙G∙Λ

RaigaCZ #22 Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
What about friendly fire penalty ? That should be implemented. My ally with catapults or archers will ignore my legions and fire as he wish. At the end of match, his name its on board like best player from theam. Srsly ? 

Ooorky #23 Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:34 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSUNTZU_Mistrzu, on 20 November 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

Stoopid pic about "good" FF.

Salty teamkiller confirmed.

Mr_Snoken #24 Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:19 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

This update is really good it fixes many things i have brought up in the past.

Been away from playing the game a few weaks now due to work,  will be nice to be back in a more balanced fight

Kipland_Kinkill #25 Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Cant even perform /roll. on connect ;)

Hows it going on the servers, looks like a great patch and lot of work done, teamwork is a must. I  look forward to trying it out tonight. Hope you guys  do not have to put in to much overtime.

Thanks as always.

Hofi2014 #26 Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Hallo

Eine Frage

was kann ich machen wenn das spiel nicht Startet

ironmasker #27 Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Still no fix for being flagged AFK because you have used Oath of perseverance because your tanking for so long unable to give orders, and get flagged afk. A few times now i have got over a high number of kills only then to be flagged AFK because i couldn't move or use abilities. 

Dryakarios #28 Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:22 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Nice score board is return???

Great upgrade but still missing friendly fire that can give a very big help to some player to understand mass teamkill = mass malus...

Falrinth #29 Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:08 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

So how do you earn support points exactly? You can support allies by good word, you can support them by flanking enemy they fighting, you can support them by just being nearby... WHat the game classify as support for the purpose of those reward points?

p.s.

no change to friendly fire penalty? First game after patch: all my units obliterated by "friendly" archers. Im winning battle, and suddenly im obliterated. All their arrows land in my back, perhaps 10% on enemy, and the teamkiller gets highest support score... GG CA...

Why cant penalties outweight the gains? Why they need to be so low, making no difference? WHy CA is so stubborn in sustaining friendly fire in games?

Its always developer and mechanics to blame. People are just people. Will do what nets them highest reward. When dev design mechanics the way that FF gives most rewards, then people will FF. So why the hell CA thinks we like being teamkilled? Or are they blind, and dont understund the issue?

We have our limits of bullsh*t we can stomach before abandoning game that fails to entertain and only gives frustration after frustration. There are better games out there where devs care for players experience. Why CA is so suicidal with their game design? only thing that keeps me playing despite the FF irritation and long queues is economical commitment. I have bought myself in, and trying to squeeze some value out of it.

Edited by Falrinth, 22 November 2017 - 08:52 AM.

D0TL #30 Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Nice patch notes, that said i want to ask something @Akriom: Is it possible to announce patches earlier, right now i saw a patch was coming 1 day in front, however, i wanted to do some recording with replays, who are obviously now different because of the patch. An announcement 1 week before a patch would be nice. dont get me wrong, i love the more regular stream of patches, but the ambush patches are not practical all the time.

Edited by D0TL, 22 November 2017 - 09:40 AM.

freddy4890 #31 Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:45 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
hello. why i can't connect to Arena. thx? freddy4890

RaptorAbt #32 Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

A nice set of improvements & fixes in Patch 2.3  I particularly like the:-

a) "Improved Scoreboard & End Screen" - much easier to see what I did (or failed to do :(​);

b) Consumable Panel - much easier to view and select what ever is needed.

c) Commander Tier spread allowable - a definite +1

Akriom #33 Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

Hey guys,

Please note that there is an issue with archers shooting in a straight line, this is a known issue and we are working on it.

Thanks for reporting it! :)

eliastion #34 Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:03 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostFalrinth, on 22 November 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

(...)

no change to friendly fire penalty? First game after patch: all my units obliterated by "friendly" archers. Im winning battle, and suddenly im obliterated. All their arrows land in my back, perhaps 10% on enemy(...)

The problem is more serious than lack of penalty - the game doesn't even really tell you

1. How much you really suffered from FF

and

2. How much you hurt your allies

I mean, sure, you can look at the penalty you get and say "ok, it's tiny, wasn't so bad" or "ohsh*t, I must've done lots of FF damage", but frankly - there's no way to really evaluate your performance in this aspect after the game. Sometimes I shoot into the back of the enemy formation, especially if there's a huge blob all bunched together so tightly that they can't really get to my allies... It seems to be working, I see lots of "yay damage" notifications and only a couple "wtf stop hitting allies" - but I'd REALLY like to know how high the cost of my attack was. Or the situations where I get shot up by an ally - I certainly FEEL like he was the bigger threat to me than the enemy, but I'd really like to know just how bad it really was - after all, maybe I was wrong, maybe the damage was in fact minimal. Most players don't really WANT to hit allies, but it's so easy to do FF when you're playing any sort of ranged unit (or even some phalanx-capable unit). I feel like some people do LOTS of FF, hurting allies more than the enemies, but since the FF warning is on so much, they just don't realize that they are REALLY harmful in this situation - and there's no way for them to realize how bad it was even after the match.

We really, REALLY need better feedback about FF (both dealt and received) - penalties are a secondary concern, really.

eliastion #35 Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
First impressions of the post-battle results: there is no information on unit tiers. It REALLY needs to appear there - after all, similar result is very different when acheived by bottom and top tier player...

Pierre_Moesian #36 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:09 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAkriom, on 20 November 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

New - Commander Power limitation

Based on player feedback and our metrics analysis, we have decided to introduce a commander down-levelling system which will disable higher-tier abilities on lower-tier units. Previously, a Tier X commander could take Tier I units into matchmaking, being able to use all three upgraded abilities in a Tier I match. Of course, this was unbalanced, as most of his opponent would only have access to a single ability without any upgrades and, if they're new, not have any knowledge of the abilities being used against them.

To remedy this, a commander will now only be able to use commander abilities that are equal to or lower than the unit tier that is currently being used. For example, a Tier IV unit would only be able to use the Tier I and Tier III commander abilities, but not the Tier V commander ability. If the squad consists of mixed unit tiers, then each unit will have access to a different set of commander abilities, depending on its level.

We have, for the moment, decided not to restrict the talents (ability upgrades), but only the abilities themselves. There are several reasons for this:
  • We tested internally what effect highly upgraded talents have on gameplay balance at Tier I. We found that while the abilities are stronger, their fully upgraded versions generally give only a slight advantage that is not balance-breaking. We also don't want to discourage upgrading and want to make sure that those who choose to stay at a certain tier still have ways to progress their commander.
  • We don't want to go too far in one update. In general, we plan to introduce features step by step: Like with the scoreboard, we want to present you with an initial version, gather your feedback, and then iterate on the feature based on your feedback and our metrics data. Let us know what you think!

audentes Fortuna iuvat

Pierre_Moesian #37 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I suggest full limitation of abilities. It is simply unfair to go to lower tier with full abilities. You can't convince me that tier 10 vengeance on principes isn't balance breaking...
audentes Fortuna iuvat

Quo_usque_pro_victoria #38 Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

View PostPierre_Moesian, on 24 November 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

I suggest full limitation of abilities. It is simply unfair to go to lower tier with full abilities. You can't convince me that tier 10 vengeance on principes isn't balance breaking...

Maybe limited to the max tier of the unit present in the battle (or the average tier), so that if you are playing T5 and falling against T7, you could use Vengeance at T6-7 and at least have a sligt benefit for having a higher tier commander.

Falrinth #39 Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View Posteliastion, on 22 November 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

The problem is more serious than lack of penalty - the game doesn't even really tell you

1. How much you really suffered from FF

and

2. How much you hurt your allies

We really, REALLY need better feedback about FF (both dealt and received) - penalties are a secondary concern, really.

It might just work, if FF would be better displayed for the ones dealing and receiving, but also displayed for everyone in the team with some kind of feed on the side of the screen. So perhaps people will care more not to be shamed by entire team, looking like complete nabs. If ever FF value within 1-2 seconds interval surpasses 40% it could appear on the feed shaming the teamkiller.

But i think more economical means are needed. Like the experience gained by dealing dmg + ff dmg should split between the dealer aand victim. Same with silver. All dmg from FF should result in silver penalty transfered from dealer to ff victim.

Edited by Falrinth, 25 November 2017 - 12:34 PM.

Cold_Hearted93 #40 Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:38 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I'd like to know what happened after this last patch, my friend list got deleted and i can't add my friends to party up with them and play

I'll wait for an answear from you

Thank you for your time,

Best regards

2 user(s) are reading this topic