Do you use consumables?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Vilmetzy #1 Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Newbie question: I see that every unit has various consumables you can buy for silver. What I don't know is whether I should use them, or whether it is not giving a lot of benefit and ending me up with not enough silver in my pockets when I need it later. Are there any must-have consumables I should never do without?

Xeir #2 Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

From some moment consumbles are useful, for example tier 10 consumbles can add +70% to some statistics for X seconds

Also each fraction have own rare consumbles what players can set to they playstyle or commander.

But still Its depends from you when you will start using them since they are eating silver, what is needed to buy equpument, at some tiers silver equpuments costs are pretty High.

Of course with things like premium account Unit You do not have to worry about the future

Edited by Xeir, 31 October 2017 - 01:28 PM.

SUNTZU_JoJo #3 Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

It depends.

I would only ever use consumables if I had a lot of left-over silver, or gold leftover from a purchase.

But in terms of which consumables I use, playing Greek Spears, in high Tiers, the Share Wine(+25 Morale) is the most valuable IMO as this can stop my unit from routing sometimes, which is the difference between making it out alive with some men left, or losing an entire Unit.

When I play ranged (Roman Javelins) I got for AP damage that gives a little range (first consumable at the top, I think?) as this best fits my playstyle.

When I play Archers/Slingers, I may go for range, or standard/increased normal damage (to kill enemy archers faster than they can kill me).

But rule of thumb is, if you're already struggling to upgrade your unit due to lack of silver, don't buy consumables unless you're willing to spend real money or grind for extra silver on the side.

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

Quo_usque_pro_victoria #4 Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian
Never for melee units, but I do use them sometimes for ranged units to give them a bit more range.

RaptorAbt #5 Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Must admit have not used any consumables yet, just trying to see what each unit is capable of (or not).  For those who know what to do & best to use - are they "expended" each battle or do you have to manually "trigger" them?

Asatas #6 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
IMO infantry stakes are a must if you play the "2 arty 1 inf" setup...

2 user(s) are reading this topic