additional commanders? Benefits Premium units?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Pyrdacor #1 Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I would have two questions:

1. how do you get more commanders? Do you have to buy these for either free EXP or gold? Or is there another way to get it?

2. What are the benefits of premium units? In the other WG games usually higher income (silver / EXP) and the possibility of retraining of captains / crew etc. 
But at least the last advantage in TA rather away, because there is nothing to rephrase or train? Or do I overlook something?

And please sorry for my bad English. Would rather have posted in a German forum area, but that does not seem to be here (yet?)?

Edited by Pyrdacor, 30 October 2017 - 08:15 AM.

Xeir #2 Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

Block Quote

1. how do you get more commanders? Do you have to buy these for either free EXP or gold? Or is there another way to get it?

Only Free experience or gold.

To buy dearest commander you need have 8200 experience its like 2 days of farming, so its pretty good balance if we compare it to other games when it need like month

Also commanders what you have buy aren't better than standard they have just different playstyle.  E,g Barbarians cavalary is fasted cavalary in game but they impact force and hand-to-hand combat is weakest in cavalary(That does not mean they can't bite ) 

Other commanders in other fractions can have stronger impact or strong hand-to-hand combat But they won't be never able to catch barbarians in speed or mobility.

Block Quote 

2. What are the benefits of premium units? In the other WG games usually higher income (silver / EXP) and the possibility of retraining of captains / crew etc. 

Pros:

• + 50% more silver / Commander experience
  • No need to Replenish ( More silver to your pocket )
  • You don't get there experience for unit but all its moving to commander experience so you can use it where you wanna.
  • You can use "Unit" what is only avalible at one fraction in other surprising your enemy with your skills what they don't exept. ( Like Roman Fraction can buy at some tier Premium Spears units)

Consts:

You can't buy equpument to them so:

Against enemy without equpument they have little better stats comparing to others "free" unit type( Like premium sword vs Normal sword. Not Premium Sword vs normal Spears )

But this don't mean you will win one small mistake from your side and you losed :)

Against enemy with full upgraded equpument its very hard to win since they have better stats.

But even if you will kill "only" half of his units you have still 50% more silver and commander experience, so after game results you can get more silver and a lot more commander experience than your enemy what have beat you.

Block Quote

And please sorry for my bad English. Would rather have posted in a German forum area, but that does not seem to be here (yet?)?

If i correct remember you can talk in your language in section at community discord https://www.reddit.c...discord_server/

But to answer your question so far we don't have A forum divided into languages propably due small players numbers:)

---------------

Btw im assume you known that progress in game is going to be wiped ? :)

http://forum.totalwa...3159#entry23159

Edited by Xeir, 30 October 2017 - 01:03 PM.

Pyrdacor #3 Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Thanks for that!

Then another question: Does the improvement of the commander's skills only work with free EXP?

Xeir #4 Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

View PostPyrdacor, on 30 October 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

Thanks for that!

Then another question: Does the improvement of the commander's skills only work with free EXP?

Yes, "Free exp"  is one of the main things in the game that will encourage players to pay.

Also after many changes have been reduced "improvement" at commander skills so to near of tier 5 or 6 people won't even notice big difference with people who are buying it or people what was ignoring that.

(Depends from commander and experience)

At "Late game" (Tier 7 or higher) every mistake made by player ends with destroyed units, bigger skills are very useful then, but to tier 7 you should have plenty of free experience, unless you will use it for other things...

Ps: if I correct  understand "Free experience" gains on the battlefield mainly the unit in where is commander, so It is possible to farm it focusing unit with commander to kill most of enemy units

Edited by Xeir, 30 October 2017 - 07:30 PM.

Pyrdacor #5 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Thank you!
The value of free EXP I know synonymous of the other WG games. It always plays a big role there.
However, you seem to need a lot here if you buy additional commanders, pay for the training of the commanders, etc.

What I still notice about the premium units:
It seems that when I use a different unit with a commander, I lose the unit I used each time. Say if I want to use them again, I have to pay again with silver for it.
Is that the same with premium units? If I play a round with a premium unit and then want to use a unit from the Techtree again with this commander, do I have to buy and pay for it again?

Edited by Pyrdacor, 31 October 2017 - 11:56 AM.

Shaun_Rasmussen #6 Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:27 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Late to this topic but have a few questions regarding premium units.  If I only use 1 premium unit out of 3 do I get overall 50% free xp bonus per match still or do I need to use all 3?  

RaptorAbt #7 Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:39 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I have played the Roman Auxiliary Cavalry in different combinations with Ranged troops, you earn XP & Free XP for each Unit - not an overall Free XP value if you are using only one or two Premium units. For maximum Free XP & XP & silver - use 3 Premium units.

Edited by RaptorAbt, 19 November 2017 - 10:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic