When CB ends ? And when Open Beta starts ??

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

SIN1984 #21 Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:12 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

This is sad news..

So see yaa next year ? ;/

The_Shanks #22 Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

With them giving an open weekend for new players for this CBT, open Beta wont be far off trust me.....This open weekend is a server stress test

Edit: Never mind i just read properly what Zwillinger wrote, i thought it was origanaly a cut and paste of what they said at the halloween live stream.

Not impressed at all

Edited by The_Shanks, 03 November 2017 - 08:15 PM.

PeLLaSG0S #23 Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostZwillinger, on 03 November 2017 - 07:02 AM, said:

Just going to repost something I posted on the TWA subreddit:

Seriously? Why dont you repost something better like this for example...???

https://totalwararena.com/en/latest-news/latest-news/closed-beta-test-coming-september-1/

Why dont you use this???

Oh you dont remember it? Its funny...that you use TWA subreddit thing to inform us about misleading again the player base....???

Why you didnt use the official announcement you made?

On your official announcement for  closed beta  you clearly said ....·The first Closed Beta Test will begin on Friday 1st September at 13:00(UTC), and will remain active for 8 weeks!!!!

and now you are coming to tell us that ....to be crystal clear: We are currently planning on Closed Beta lasting at least through the new year.!!!

Really?So now i believe  you expect from the player-base to take you seriously??? Not only you fail to deliver your promises now you are misleading us too...EVERYONE KNEW THAT THE CLOSED BETA WILL LAST 8 WEEKS...and now you are coming to tell us...end of the year and we will see.....

Well the players are not fools...and if we can be fooled once well i can assure you we cannot  be fooled forever...YOU FAILED TO KEEP YOUR DEADLINE ....YOU FAILED TO KEEP YOUR PROMISE....

At least admit it ....apologize ....and carry on fixing the game...but dont come in the forum to announce the extension of the closed beta through a redit thing....Be a man and admit that you f... ed the game and that you are not ready yet....

We would understand an honest announcement and apology...but not this bs....

People have started paying money for this game having in mind that after the 8 weeks we would be ready to start the open beta and there would be no more wipes....

If you see them now asking for compensation what you gonna tell them...???I pity the customer service people... 

You disappointed us...one more time...The majority of the players are not playing arena any more because they are sick of wipes...we are testing the game for you almost 4 years  now....we deserve some more communication ...we deserve to know the truth about the state of the game...and you keep failing to deliver....and this is both for CA AND WG!

Its a shame because this game has great potential but you are doing big mistakes...

Edited by PeLLaSG0S, 03 November 2017 - 05:05 PM.

nichilio81 #24 Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
IN PELLASGOS I TRUST (and i paied 100 euros)

RaptorAbt #25 Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

The whole TW-Arena Forum needs a "tidy", as there are multiple identical Topic threads across the various Sub-Forums, but they are in the "correct" section/sub-section for that Sub-Forum.  This will be necessary or it will get even more chaotic with greater numbers  contributing constructive input.

1) TW-Arena Guidelines - (Your legal eagle statement)

2) TW-Arena Announcements (WG/CA staff only) - does not allow discussion (similar to WoT format)

3) Current sub-Forums, but merged, etc .....

NB#1: When CB ends then you will be able to draw a line under those Sub-Forums, which are no longer valid.

PS: add an additional Sub-Forum at the end for the "Complaints" Sub-Forum  - this should mop up the "toys out of pram, delete arty, I am leaving brigade,"

Edited by RaptorAbt, 04 November 2017 - 10:53 AM.

tetidenera #26 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostPeLLaSG0S, on 03 November 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

Seriously? Why dont you repost something better like this for example...???

https://totalwararen...ng-september-1/

Why dont you use this???

Oh you dont remember it? Its funny...that you use TWA subreddit thing to inform us about misleading again the player base....???

Why you didnt use the official announcement you made?

On your official announcement for  closed beta  you clearly said ....·The first Closed Beta Test will begin on Friday 1st September at 13:00(UTC), and will remain active for 8 weeks!!!!

and now you are coming to tell us that ....to be crystal clear: We are currently planning on Closed Beta lasting at least through the new year.!!!

Really?So now i believe  you expect from the player-base to take you seriously??? Not only you fail to deliver your promises now you are misleading us too...EVERYONE KNEW THAT THE CLOSED BETA WILL LAST 8 WEEKS...and now you are coming to tell us...end of the year and we will see.....

Well the players are not fools...and if we can be fooled once well i can assure you we cannot  be fooled forever...YOU FAILED TO KEEP YOUR DEADLINE ....YOU FAILED TO KEEP YOUR PROMISE....

At least admit it ....apologize ....and carry on fixing the game...but dont come in the forum to announce the extension of the closed beta through a redit thing....Be a man and admit that you f... ed the game and that you are not ready yet....

People have started paying money for this game having in mind that after the 8 weeks we would be ready to start the open beta and there would be no more wipes....

If you see them now asking for compensation what you gonna tell them...???I pity the customer service people... 

You disappointed us...one more time...The majority of the players are not playing arena any more because they are sick of wipes...we are testing the game for you almost 4 years  now....we deserve some more communication ...we deserve to know the truth about the state of the game...and you keep failing to deliver....and this is both for CA AND WG!

Its a shame because this game has great potential but you are doing big mistakes...

Several players are not angry because there is some delay. The decision to delay the next stage of development is actually right and wise. They are really fed up with the lack of official communication. Communication is often chaotic: discord, reddit, FB, forum and official website. Such important decision should be published on the official website with a clear statement and then somebody should link it on reddit, forum, etc.

I'm actually quite happy how the game is developing but official communication should be improved.  

TWI-Tetide-IC

Tichodrome #27 Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:44 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostPeLLaSG0S, on 03 November 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

By "we" you mean you and the handful who liked this ludicrous pissed off childish of a ranting post I guess ?

Personally I'm fine with the game doing OB w-e like this w-e, to test servers charge as to get mainstream feedbacks, while keep going with CB state to be able to change what's needed.

First smart decision they made since marsh 2016 if you ask me.

Zwillinger #28 Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:33 AM

Communitus Emperor

• Administrator

View Posttetidenera, on 04 November 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Several players are not angry because there is some delay. The decision to delay the next stage of development is actually right and wise. They are really fed up with the lack of official communication. Communication is often chaotic: discord, reddit, FB, forum and official website. Such important decision should be published on the official website with a clear statement and then somebody should link it on reddit, forum, etc.

I'm actually quite happy how the game is developing but official communication should be improved.  

This feedback has been taken to heart and is something the community team, myself included, are working hard to address. Our goal is that we increase both frequency and transparency around our communication. If we fail, I fully expect that you will all hold us to task :)

Regarding *where* we're communicating: While I appreciate your statement around where what I said should be published, I'd ask that you keep an open mind about where and how we're communicating. The reality is that a very small percentage of players actually ever visit the official website or forum for a given game. To limit ourselves to these platforms is detrimental to our communications efforts overall. 

We will certainly continue to communicate via these platforms, however I encourage our community, publishing, and developers to step outside of our "walled gardens" as frequently as possible. 

Edited by Zwillinger, 06 November 2017 - 06:36 AM.

Kaiminari #29 Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:10 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Expecting official information to be disseminated from official platforms is apparently not as intuitive and sensible as I perceived.

Regardless of how many people do or do not visit official platforms, I feel it is important to have a irreproachable source. Which then can be linked to, parroted and expanded upon elsewhere.

While it is true many people do not bother to visit forums, similarly to why so many people keep asking the same questions in in-game chat rather than to <expletive> google it, it would be easier for people to spread information that isn't false, because the official forum said so.

Therefor, I encourage our devs, community managers, moderaters, administrators and so forth, to not neglect the "spring of truth" within these "walled gardens". For the sake of transparency and staving off misinformation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic