When CB ends ? And when Open Beta starts ??

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

SIN1984 #1 Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

As in topic.

Anyone knows the date  ?

SUNTZU_Mistrzu #2 Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:04 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian
Nope
How to unlock the "Ultimate YOLO MID RUSH" achievement: https://clips.twitch...llyKaleImGlitch

Dargaris #3 Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:54 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
No Idea.

No62NoExit #4 Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
will it be last wipe? If there is always wipe every era no need play till release

Munetani #5 Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
CA and WG said that OBT would be the last Wipe, as after that it will be like other Wargaming titles like WoT or WoW where OBT will continue into Release without interruption.

SIN1984 #6 Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:53 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I'm loosing the point of playing since 2 years to hear no release date and wipe after wipe after [edited]wipe... ;//

Munetani #7 Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:38 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Same i didn't play much at the start of the CBT because of that + the lack of gold this time it's quite hard to motivate yourself to level something that will be wiped again.

At least this time we have confirmation that it will be the last.

Naglfarr #8 Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:27 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Same here. I have no issue with grinding, but when I know that everything will we wiped I lose all motivation to play.

SUNTZU_JoJo #9 Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

Personally, while it can be frustrating to experience wipe after wipe, knowing that one is coming is actually quite liberating (IMO).

This means I can simply play the game, at whatever Tier I have/end up with, and enjoy it or focus on other, more important things, like:

Bug reporting.

Balance issues.

UI glitches.

etc, etc,

But hey, that's just me.

:hiding:

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

Dryakarios #10 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

the closed beta started the 01/09 for 8 weeks so the end was the 26/10 but no information.

but they had mass problem with missions (only 4 missions /8 (not 5)) + sylla introduction

Edited by Dryakarios, 31 October 2017 - 01:00 PM.

boomheadshot #11 Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
serious question: is this game already going to die?

Maios_Erevos #12 Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
we need more factions. they can add persians and carthage with units in them from egypt and iberia too. also persians can have scythian units too. I have played steam beta too for months,and i think we dont need that many tiers,we could have less tiers and more factions,so from the units they would remove with the tiers,they could easily create a new faction. also with less tiers matchmaking would be easier and faster. in high tiers there are not that many players,because players have to spend too many hours to reach high tiers with many generals. Also hoplites after tier 4 feel useless,romans can beat them very fast,romans are too op .too strong after 5 tier,there is no match for them in open area,steam beta players would understand for sure.

Edited by Maios_Erevos, 01 November 2017 - 10:44 PM.

SIN1984 #13 Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:17 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

No we don't need more fractions...

WE NEED OPEN BETA FOR EVERYONE WITHOUT A WIPE.

Then they will have all the time in the world to implement changes.

Tichodrome #14 Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:08 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

If they go OB soon enough it means the game is ready, for no more wipe means you can't change much things orelse some players will be spoiled before others : the grind is too massive for people to change their mind after T5 without rage quitting the game, which means factions have to be consistent and balanced from top to bottom, but they currently definitely aren't.

SIN1984 #15 Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:38 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostTichodrome, on 02 November 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

If they go OB soon enough it means the game is ready, for no more wipe means you can't change much things orelse some players will be spoiled before others : the grind is too massive for people to change their mind after T5 without rage quitting the game, which means factions have to be consistent and balanced from top to bottom, but they currently definitely aren't.

If the game goes open, we old players wont have to [edited] your T5 units with our T4 units on commanders T9, just wipe, open the game, start playing, and if you keep on loosing, change commander, find your gameplay.

Because there is noone to play on high ranks, all people quit coz we fight all the same faces every battle.

LET THE GAME LOOSE....

WG and CA you will kill the game with time and stupidity, you dont really understand the mind behind gamers... And you try hard to make a game for them, but eventually all will leave coz you dont have a release date and people go on and on...And they will find another game to kill time, coz this game kills itself by constant wipes so all will leave...

GG.

Edited by SIN1984, 02 November 2017 - 01:43 AM.

Tichodrome #16 Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:48 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSIN1984, on 02 November 2017 - 01:38 AM, said:

If the game goes open, we old players wont have to [edited] your T5 units with our T4 units on commanders T9, just wipe, open the game, start playing, and if you keep on loosing, change commander, find your gameplay.

Because there is noone to play on high ranks, all people quit coz we fight all the same faces every battle.

LET THE GAME LOOSE....

WG and CA you will kill the game with time and stupidity, you dont really understand the mind behind gamers... And you try hard to make a game for them, but eventually all will leave coz you dont have a release date and people go on and on...And they will find another game to kill time, coz this game kills itself by constant wipes so all will leave...

GG.

I feel your eager impatience but imo the game is absolutely not ready for OB because devs did not even set their mind on their game or refuse to see the reality of the market: this is not WoT or For Honor, this is a team oriented RTT not a team oriented TPS. I remember having had such debate back in 2016 but looks like devs are too stubborn to deal with the obvious. They started this with a consistent antic time period supported with TOTAL WAR models as realistic kind of gameplay to make a team oriented multiplayer arena game, thus quite a demanding playerbase about pitch for a highly competitive market, they will have very hard time to get out of this without losing a significant amount of their playerbase.

I'd have no issue with OB if wargaming was offering at least one respec a player : meaning an entire faction as associated commanders progress are lost but used xp as silver are recovered to be spent in another faction as commanders, as the same if they change a faction too much after a major update for example, but I very highly doubt they will.

The game still suffers many severe balance issues between players (T10 commanders with T1 units, really ?) factions, commanders, units, unit tiers... and the xp wall is massive upto T10, this is too much for a competitive game. Not to mention consistency if not plain point of barbarians addition but marketing sake : I forsee unending barbarians players rage to descend upon forum mere a few weeks after OB, followed with as expeditive as punitive backlash for the game.

Thankfully they left steam...

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Tichodrome, 02 November 2017 - 02:48 AM.

sas3bg #17 Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I have no problem with farming and wiping, i am just wonder do i lose gold that i archive during the missions after wipe or i keep it ?

Xeir #18 Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

View Postsas3bg, on 02 November 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

I have no problem with farming and wiping, i am just wonder do i lose gold that i archive during the missions after wipe or i keep it ?

http://forum.totalwa...e-premium-shop/

Zwillinger #19 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:02 AM

Communitus Emperor

• Administrator

Just going to repost something I posted on the TWA subreddit:

Block Quote

(...) we're not yet ready to announce the end of closed beta/transition into open beta.

I went back and looked at some of the previous communication and the verbiage they used was along the lines of: "the first closed beta test will last at least 8 weeks". This is understandably unclear and could be confusing if you're not looking for nuance in statements.

To be crystal clear: We are currently planning on Closed Beta lasting at least through the new year. At this point, we believe that there are some new features we're going to be adding over the next few months that would benefit from closed beta testing and that should be in the game prior to moving into open beta.

In today's day and age, expectations around a title in open beta are very different than a game in closed beta, so it's on us as responsible developers and publishers to make certain that we're managing said expectations in a thoughtful manner.

That being said, we will be running some weekend events to open the game up to a broader audience, so please keep an eye out for those announcements.

TLDR: We didn't want to announce that we're not ready to announce anything ;).

RaptorAbt #20 Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Thank you for the update Zwillinger :D​  Oh well the grind continues past Tier IV - unleash the hounds - literally!! :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users