Gold Packages now available in the Premium Shop!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Akriom #1 Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator

Greetings Commanders!

As many of you are aware, during early closed beta we made the decision to not sell Gold separately from the founders packs. At the time, we wanted to “…see how players react with a very limited amount of gold/no gold at all. This serves the purpose of having a better understanding of the progression system while also having a better understanding of the free to play version of the game and player's progression if no gold can be spent.”

That being said, we’ve heard several players requesting the ability to purchase Gold. For those who have been patiently waiting to do so, you’ll be happy to know that we’re ready to move to the next step in testing the in game economy: understanding how you will progress through the game as a paying player. Starting with the new update, players will be able to purchase Gold packages of 2,500 for 9.99 euros. By selling Gold now, our goals are to better understand your spending habits, and what kind of an impact Gold has on player progression,  and how we can provide the best value to you as a player. Of course there are other business related benefits to selling Gold now, but our primary goal is to make Total War: ARENA a great experience from all aspects.

But why not just give everyone more free Gold?

Well, the reality is that we as human beings tend to behave differently when we’re given something for free vs. when it has real monetary value to us. Knowing how players will spend in-game currency that has intrinsic value to them will help us in making decisions when it comes to aspects of our business model like pricing, what kind of special offers are appealing to you, and how much value you feel you’re getting out of your time with Total War: ARENA.  

What about the wipe that’s going to happen before Closed Beta? Is the Gold I spend now gone?

You will be refunded all gold, both from the Founder’s Packs and purchased separately, when we reset progression.

I’m not in the Closed Beta. Can I purchase gold and have it waiting for me when I get access?

Unfortunately, no. Only players who currently have access to the closed beta test will be able to purchase Gold for Total War: ARENA.

Is gold purchased for Total War: ARENA shared with my World of Tanks, World of Warships, or World of Warplanes accounts?

No, Gold purchased for Total War: ARENA is not shared between your other Wargaming game accounts.

Can I purchase Gold packages for another player as a gift?

At this time, you may only purchase Gold packages for yourself and your account.

Both the team at Creative Assembly and Wargaming are grateful for your feedback and participation in the Closed Beta. If you have any questions around this change and our decision to start selling Gold, feel free to ask them here in this thread. We’ll be checking in throughout the day.

Thanks and we’ll see you on the Battlefield!

The TWA Development and Publishing teams

Xeir #2 Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

Block Quote

2,500 for 9.99 euro

So from when we will be able to buy it ? :)

MrConway #3 Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

COMMVNITVS TEAMVS

• WG Staff

View PostXeir, on 03 October 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

So from when we will be able to buy it ? :)

The package is already live and can be purchased here.

Kingnikolaj #4 Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:11 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian

colour packs...when?

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

Xeir #5 Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

MrConway #6 Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:39 PM

COMMVNITVS TEAMVS

• WG Staff

View PostXeir, on 03 October 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

Are you logged in? The package is only available for players who have access so it will not be visible unless you are logged in to your account.

Paganwitch #7 Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:39 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
me too

Paganwitch #8 Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:40 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
i am loged i dotn see it becouse simply you didnt add this to regional shops... and becouse showing prize is automatic in regional cureency half of europe palyers dont see it

MrConway #9 Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:17 PM

COMMVNITVS TEAMVS

• WG Staff

View PostPaganwitch, on 03 October 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

i am loged i dotn see it becouse simply you didnt add this to regional shops... and becouse showing prize is automatic in regional cureency half of europe palyers dont see it

I'll make sure we look into this ASAP and get back to you with more information tomorrow!

Philipp_ab_exterminatore #10 Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:25 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Be nice if we could also get smaller packages like in other games :)

D0TL #11 Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Fair price, a month worth of premium or a good amount of converting xp. That said, as a WoW player i am still a bit dissappointed i have to sub again and buy different currencies. One of the strenght i thought what would happen was that CA could use your infrastructure, and now they still have their own. It would make it a lot more transparent if the currencies become simular and we can swap them from WG title to the other, aside that, being able to swap currencies and even take your premium time with you from another Wargaming game might attract a lot of Wargaming players who wont attacted yet but now dont have anything to lose and just give it a try as they have premium or currency from another game, they wont feel pressured and it will give those players a good start.

Xeir #12 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian
Any changes ?

Akriom #13 Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator

Hey everyone,

This should now be fixed.

Thanks!

Raider_Tr #14 Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Well, how about some free gold that we used to get daily?

Not the same but we were promised to have a different system (Back in Steam version) so what the WG alliance plans to do about that, if any?

Porotajp #15 Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Hello. I can't purchase gold via visa or master card. Previously I was able to do that. Fix please.

RaptorAbt #16 Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostPorotajp, on 30 November 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

Hello. I can't purchase gold via visa or master card. Previously I was able to do that. Fix please.

​It may be worthwhile raising a Support ticket about the problem you are having. Posting on the TW-Arena Forum will not help you resolve the issue.

RaptorAbt #17 Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostRaider_Tr, on 25 November 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Well, how about some free gold that we used to get daily?

Not the same but we were promised to have a different system (Back in Steam version) so what the WG alliance plans to do about that, if any?

​The Game is now being managed and published by WGA and whatever was promised or used to be the norm (in STEAM version) is sadly long gone/history.

WGA (if they follow the same principle as per their other WG products eg: WoT, WoWs etc. ) will sell you via the Premium Shop - Gold, Premium Time, Time limited exclusivity Premium Units or possibly Gift Gold (& other things) by holding Special Events, where upon successful completion of the "Event requirement" you could win prizes.   You can also earn some small amounts of gold completing the Tutorial and unlocking of some Tiers as you research the Tech Tree (unless that has changed).

Akriom #18 Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:52 AM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator

View PostPorotajp, on 30 November 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

We're currently having an issue with the store and had to temporarily remove possibility to buy from it.

I'll let you know when it gets fixed. And also going to make an official announcement about this.

Raider_Tr #19 Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:25 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostRaptorAbt, on 30 November 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

​The Game is now being managed and published by WGA and whatever was promised or used to be the norm (in STEAM version) is sadly long gone/history.

WGA (if they follow the same principle as per their other WG products eg: WoT, WoWs etc. ) will sell you via the Premium Shop - Gold, Premium Time, Time limited exclusivity Premium Units or possibly Gift Gold (& other things) by holding Special Events, where upon successful completion of the "Event requirement" you could win prizes.   You can also earn some small amounts of gold completing the Tutorial and unlocking of some Tiers as you research the Tech Tree (unless that has changed).

I know all those mate, but asking ain't gonna hurt

Also I think CA still has some say in

Kingnikolaj #20 Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian
error message. Please ignor

Edited by Kingnikolaj, 03 December 2017 - 01:38 PM.

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users