Pike Phalanx exploit abuse

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

CopperPride #1 Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

We got new wave of exploit abusers. This time it's Pike Phalanx exploit which allow to drop pikes even during engagement.

E8M8P is the last one but there is more of them. This exploit directly hit the weekend contest by letting abusers gain huge advantage.

Naming and shaming ? Yes! No tolerance for exploit abusers!

TW: Arena (EU) Alpha Gladiators Discord Channel

Xeir #2 Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:09 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian
Screenshot / record ?

CopperPride #3 Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostXeir, on 17 September 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Screenshot / record ?

According to my previous statement i will not provide any feedback thanks to WG Staff.

... but because i'm a tester and i want to help improve the game i report exploit abusing...... eot

Dryakarios #4 Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Between the shield bash of leonidas and his you try go behind the ennemi the game considered you are not in the fight (this system work on many abilities)

Aetholite #5 Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
This has been going on for quite a while now they shieldbash and deploy phalanx.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Cowards die many times before their actual deaths."

- Julius Caesar (100 BC - 44 BC)

tetidenera #6 Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:05 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Is it really an unwanted mechanic? What is the statement of the developers? 
TWI-Tetide-IC

Kingnikolaj #7 Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

Centurion

• Praetorian
That 'bug'(if you can call it that) have been around for ages.... I mean you could been in close quater combat(how close? kiss on the lips close) but BOOM pike phalanx and random forcefield would just push your men away.... Not attack or anything just standing around while being pushed away 

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

"This stuff will make you a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus... Just like me!" - Anzu: Girls und Panzer Abridged 

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

ThatPikeGuy #8 Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Can't you just post the image? You've already pointed out who's supposedly using an exploit, so what's the point?

I can't check if it's an exploit by just looking at your description of this exploit.

pls buff pike surfing

Guest_duchanyja_* #9 Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

I just came here for the very same reason. The E8M8P .. I charged him with his pikes down and in the middle of the fight he pops pikes. He also had wine effect active all the time. This is a major bug, abusing game mechanics.. just look at the skill description. + when you attack pikes from behind and on the move you get killed by force field.

Dawinor #10 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I have played Pikes Phalax twice and if I was distracted on another place and a infantry charged me I could do Leonidas skill + Pikes Phalax. I think that leonidas skill push them out of closed combat so you can put your phalax and destroy them. I did not think that it is a bug or exploit.

ThatPikeGuy #11 Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I wish you guys would describe which commander he was using or just post a screenshot lol the NDA is lifted.

Judging by your descriptions it's most likely just the delay for pike phalanx doing all the work.

pls buff pike surfing

CopperPride #12 Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
It's well known Leonidas combo ....

ThatPikeGuy #13 Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostCopperPride, on 24 September 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

It's well known Leonidas combo ....

I've been accused of using Leo's shield bash combo while not actually playing Leo so idk, the whole exploit reporting has become a joke imo

Also, why are you accusing just this one player if everyone playing Leo's pikes does that trick all the time?

Are you aware that you're also playing dogs and that spears/pikes don't have anything against the dogs if they're not Leo?

pls buff pike surfing

CopperPride #14 Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:56 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostCopperPride, on 17 September 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

.......E8M8P is the last one but there is more of them.....

Didn't say he is the only one.....

The fact that almost everyone using it don't change the fact that's abusing exploit...... the same problem with with other exploits....  the only difference is some of them impacts the game more and some a bit less...

ThatPikeGuy #15 Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:16 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostCopperPride, on 24 September 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

Didn't say he is the only one.....

The fact that almost everyone using it don't change the fact that's abusing exploit...... the same problem with with other exploits....  the only difference is some of them impacts the game more and some a bit less...

Then why are you calling him out for exploiting?
pls buff pike surfing

Ilsfort2 #16 Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:16 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Who says it is an exploit and not an intended mechanic?
What I mean is;  The skill says something like this:  bash with the shield and push the enemy backwards. The pike phalanx requires you to not be in melee for you to use it. And believe me, It is very picky about not being in melee. To me it is inteded mechanic with Leonidas.
Remember it is your job as a commander to look at the unit you are about to face. Is it Leonidas with a pike unit. Do not engage it from the front. Flank it from the side or rear.
Is the pike unit blocking a choke point? Get one of your teammates to use wardogs or missiles on it. In that order.

About the ability to enter pike phalanx when close to the enemy. I think I have experienced this 1 time, and that was when I could engage their backs. I were not targetet. I do not remember the unit type. Although peltasts come to mind.

I do not personally play much Leonidas. I Just bought him this weekend with Free XP.
I do however love to use pikes. I always get 1 unit of pikes with Alexander, Cynane and Militiades. And I think they work brilliantly. It is a situational unit. Good for taking down stakes. Good for holding a chokepoint. A very good threat unit, sometimes standing still not in pike formation doing nothing is a mechanic. They are VERY good at moving down units who is stupid make a frontal engagement when in pike formation, or generally being in my way when in pikeformation.

EDIT:
But when not in pikeformation. It can almost be killed by archers. Very weak unit. Tier IV pikes got something like 69 points in agression stat fully upgraded.

Edited by Ilsfort2, 25 September 2017 - 08:23 AM.

ThatPikeGuy #17 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:46 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostIlsfort2, on 25 September 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

But when not in pikeformation. It can almost be killed by archers. Very weak unit. Tier IV pikes got something like 69 points in agression stat fully upgraded.

Close, 64 lol but the point is that the stat grouping weighs some stats like melee attack/defense and morale so much that t4 pikes just look shit at a first glance.

They still can damage t6s as much as t5 can vs t7s, which isn't that bad as it might sound.

Also Leo's shield bash is just a crutch for those who can't fucken time their pike phalanxes. idk it could change if the other half of the abilities for Alexander and Mili were available in some way or another.

pls buff pike surfing

Ilsfort2 #18 Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:35 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Well. Leonidas is categorized as: Infantry (easy difficulty) when hovering over his display image with the cursor.
Maybe it is just that: Easy mode :)

64 points it is xD
They are amazing in pikeformation. I Think they are weak when not in pike formation. It takes them forever to kill anything - if they are even able to. Don´t even think about engaging sword or spear units. Unless, there is some neat trick I do not know ^^

The stat indications is a bit confusing at first glance. I have not really studied them that much.
I have figured that attack must be the attack speed of the unit. Damage is damage pr. attack.
Charge is ???, maybe the collision damage. Armor penetration is just that, but I dont know how the mechanic works. Is it a percentage or just a raw number to withdraw the enemy units armor stat. 

Balty09 #19 Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:09 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

This is serious problem and a lot of people playing pikes exploit it. Run to you shield bash you run closer again and drop pikes on your head isntantly dealing another damage and push forward killing all in reach, absolutely no chance to defend against it, even when you charge pikes in tiem to get them and shatter them before they form phalanx, they iwll just form in in second later and instantly kill half of your men. If you try get away from there your men just somehow magicaly get stick to pikes unable to run out of there and die there...

PS: Leonidas is one of the hardest generals in game to play, especialy now when nothing works right... and even i all worked right, try to control 3 phalanx at once, control your morale, your fatique, use skills one by one almsot every second, control distance of enemy from phalanx so you dont waste SB etc etc. No other general has to do and control so many aspects. And pikes are not useless without pikes at all, they stil have shiel bash which deal great damage. It shoudl work that shield bash push enemy away gets them from melee, make some distance between them and enemy and THAN they should be able to form phalanx, not drop pikes on heads of enemy when he is literaly touching them.

Edited by Balty09, 25 September 2017 - 09:16 PM.

ThatPikeGuy #20 Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Leo's pikes can't really do anything if you lure them out, they're way too easy to punish tbh, if you literally just run up to them expecting to rout the pike unit then idk don't come whining in the forums.

Leo is piss easy haha how hard is it to press phalanx after pressing shield bash haha

pls buff pike surfing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users