Mount kick versus cavalry, infantry and other issues

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Xarthare #1 Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
This was an issue on alpha and it still is an issue on beta. I explained the reasons why this should not be effective versus cavalry, but will have to do it again.

Most fights that you go versus ligt cavalry, unless you are high tier, you will lose because mount kick just does an insane amount of damage. This ability should be used as a means to disengage from melee combat versus infantry, and not a way for light cavalry win versus heavy cavalry, specially roman. If light cavalry wins outside woods versus roman heavy cavalry, which is supposed to win,

Did a match where tier 7 barbarian cavalry won versus spears because due to massive spam of mount kick, this is not working properly. Lately the devs have been a bit quiet and only responded to threads that mostly address the wargaming shop. I would like to know in what are they working, what bugs are they correcting, and on which units and abilities are they redeifining, because the game compared to the steam version is really really bad. The steam version had its problems, but many of those that i've experienced here were not present there.

Cavalry pathfinding is still an issue, after we reported this on April it has yet to be corrected/fixed.

Cavalry will stop for no reason when you order them to move, yesterday during a match had to order one of my units 6 times to go to a designated direction, because it would stop every time.

Caltrops will bug your units and slow them as hell, in the steam version they just did damage, as it is meant to be, not to slow and make your unit unresponsive for X seconds which will lead it to be completly destroyed/killed.

Charge with all cav units from 3 factions sometimes halt for no logic reason and you do no damage at all

Wargaming does not need new events to test for new bugs and problems, they should first address the ones that we have been complaining since alpha and then work and correct on the new ones.

Aetholite #2 Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
+1

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Cowards die many times before their actual deaths."

- Julius Caesar (100 BC - 44 BC)

Glasdg #3 Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

How to make game worse then it been 1 ago.

Every1 knows the answer.

WipeoutVasusu #4 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:09 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
i can understand your point but without mounted kick barb cav became useless

Xarthare #5 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:41 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostWipeoutVasusu, on 13 September 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

i can understand your point but without mounted kick barb cav became useless

Yeah, but they are not supposed to win fights versus heavy melee cav. Otherwise there is no point on using them. mount kick every 30 seconds from three units or more makes you pay a heavy toll. If you are one tier bellow the barbarian cav you will even pay more for it. Romans have a lot of armor, but when mount kick kicks in it renders it useless :/.

I play barbarian cav as well, and mount kick is something i do not use much, because Arminius is supposed to be stealthy, not the first line of defense

Hyrcine #6 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I play Tier V Barb. Cav and mountkick is not as op as you said... i mean in close combat, i will never wipe a greek cavalery or a infantery unit with it (excepted ligh barbarian infant units maybe...).

However you said something that triggered me : does the mountkick "stun" the ennemy for a while and give a better opportunity to escape ? 

Edited by Hyrcine, 13 September 2017 - 03:43 PM.

WipeoutVasusu #7 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostXarthare, on 13 September 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Yeah, but they are not supposed to win fights versus heavy melee cav. Otherwise there is no point on using them. mount kick every 30 seconds from three units or more makes you pay a heavy toll. If you are one tier bellow the barbarian cav you will even pay more for it. Romans have a lot of armor, but when mount kick kicks in it renders it useless :/.

I play barbarian cav as well, and mount kick is something i do not use much, because Arminius is supposed to be stealthy, not the first line of defense

they can't charge anyone (only archer and art) without mounted kick they can't even fight cav and infantry, what they should do?

Xarthare #8 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I

View PostHyrcine, on 13 September 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

I play Tier V Barb. Cav and mountkick is not as op as you said... i mean in close combat, i will never wipe a greek cavalery or a infantery unit with it (excepted ligh barbarian infant units maybe...).

However you said something that triggered me : does the mountkick "stun" the ennemy for a while and give a better opportunity to escape ? 

It is effective if you use it correctly. when i go after greek cav i just lure them to hammer me and then i charge them, barbarians will win with ease melee engagements versus greek cav.

The idea of mount kick, initially, was to charge melee i forest mount kick the, that would stun them briefly allowing you to escape. But now mount kick is used as a was to increase dps

Xarthare #9 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostWipeoutVasusu, on 13 September 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

they can't charge anyone (only archer and art) without mounted kick they can't even fight cav and infantry, what they should do?

They can charge people, i charge them all the time. Not ideal to just charge with one unit, but if you do with two versus units that are unawre and you hit the charge at the 3rd second it delivers a lot of damage, if you are going from the back.

WipeoutVasusu #10 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostXarthare, on 13 September 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

They can charge people, i charge them all the time. Not ideal to just charge with one unit, but if you do with two versus units that are unawre and you hit the charge at the 3rd second it delivers a lot of damage, if you are going from the back.

but why i should play barbarian cav over romans and greek when they have better stats, better charge, better abilities they are faster but that it all, and speed can't make up for everything

Quo_usque_pro_victoria #11 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Mount kick is probably too strong, but as Wipeout said, Barbarian cavalry is almost nothing without it and can't really fight Roman cavalry without it, just because of the armor difference. Its damage should be reduced or the ability rabalanced to make barbarian cavalry exploit their mobility as much as they can (like an ability to knock back everyone around, allowing them to escape a bit more easily while dealing a bit of damage, like 10 per hit)

Xarthare #12 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Barbarian charge is everything but weak, unless you use do direct charges. I play barbarian cav and i ve no complains with their charge, now having an ability that does insane amount of damage every 30 seconds is annoying, hence why i avoid using it. 

Wipe sorry but i honestly did not understand what you were trying to say. Can you rephrase it please?

Barbarian cav has a good charge. I play with arminius and unless i get an enemy team full of spears i get a good 300 kills. And speed really makes up for everything. Every time i play with barbarians i quickly go behind their lines wait there for the right moment and attack. Their difference in speed basically maks it really annoying for anyone that is trying to capture us. They are not supposed to be the first line of offense as i said, their strikes are not as blunt as greek or roman charges.

Mount kick just over performs versus greek and roman cav.

WipeoutVasusu #13 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

i can do all the thing that you have said better with romans and greek

their charge only give 10% bonus charge and have a 60s CD while both romans and greeks have a 25 CD charge with huge bonus and also better ultimate

why i should play them? 47 moral damage? less armor, less missile block, less melee attack, less melee damage,less melee defence, less shield and missile block, less charge impact, less charge bonus and less charge deflect...

give them 70 moral damage like all the other cav, more melee damage, more melee attack and make that only light cav can charge in the woods and we can remove the damage from mounted kick otherwise no.

Edited by WipeoutVasusu, 14 September 2017 - 09:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users