Formation movement/ deployment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Aetholite #1 Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I would love to put my units in a certain formation and then to also be able to drag this formation over to a new position. This way I wouldnt have to keep redoing my formation every time I want to move. It would also be nice to set them to also move in this formation and not only deploy in the formation. I know that they kind of do it now too. But I would love to have an unit slow down if it is not staying in my formation I want it to deploy in.

This first suggestion has been in all the total war games I have played and I dont know why it isnt in this one.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Cowards die many times before their actual deaths."

- Julius Caesar (100 BC - 44 BC)

HeroicHoplite #2 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I think it might be intended to make people micro a bit more, I'm not sure though and I've sometimes wished for a similar system myself, though I'd say I'm used to how it works by now. 

tetidenera #3 Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Yes, formations were avaliable in the steam version and they were useful. Implement them again, please. 
TWI-Tetide-IC

Heby #4 Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Maybe they are going to implement it later, buts its a feature I would regard "necessary". Maybe different stances, which promote +Melee defense or + Melee Attack
Maybe a "free" formation for master movement etc, etc

Balty09 #5 Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
+1 it would make battles easier and muhc more tactical right now its so hard to get all 3 units n proper position, there is just no time for it coss players has to react on multiple enemies so most people dotn event try any formations and just go fight in big ball...

tetidenera #6 Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:06 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Formations are the bread and butter of Total War games. They should be implemented.
TWI-Tetide-IC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users