Good Old WG Staff in action

HOW TO MAKE COMMUNITY WORSE

18 replies to this topic

CopperPride #1 Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:56 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I just got message from one of the WG Staff that my thread about exploit was removed from forums due to "Nameing and Shaming" policy. The best fact about that is on forums we have movies which shows bug itself - of course - but clearly the name of abuser as well....

Because the testers job is to find the exploit (good thing), report it (another good thing) butr don't abuse it (very bad thing) all such behaviours should be transparent and "testers" who abuse it at least warned or if it's not help remove from community...... this is how it should work.....

Now..... because of unknown reasons WG Staff member decide that it will be better to:

- remove thread from forums (bad thing)

- hush up the abuser name (even worse thing)

- let me know that the "bug" is sent to Devs to fix (who knows when)

In result the next person who will be victim of the same thing will need to open a thread again (thread will be removed of course) write exactly the same thing again and read the same ridiculous mail from WG Staff about ridiculous policy.

Due to the fact that even reporting bugs and exploits on forums which was created for such activity was removed I think that was last time i report anything or suggest anything to help improved the game because it seems WG Staff is here to make all this a pain in the ass.

Edited by CopperPride, 13 September 2017 - 06:57 AM.

Naming and shaming ? Yes! No tolerance for exploit abusers!

TW: Arena (EU) Alpha Gladiators Discord Channel

Dryakarios #2 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:19 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

To report bug you MUST do a tiket to the staff.

"In result the next person who will be victim of the same thing will need to open a thread again (thread will be removed of course) write exactly the same thing again and read the same ridiculous mail from WG Staff about ridiculous policy."

That true but it's wargamming rules...

CopperPride #3 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:32 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostDryakarios, on 13 September 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

To report bug you MUST do a tiket to the staff.

No i don't. Forums are the official way to report bugs.

Dryakarios #4 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:35 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

They don't want name

They want proofs

So you can use forum

But you can't with name

But you can't without proofs

So you tiket

Vicious circle

Edited by Dryakarios, 13 September 2017 - 07:35 AM.

Dikkeh0nd #5 Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:47 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Naming and shaming is out of the question in nearly any game i play.

Its possible to post on the forum without names being showed i think?

Akriom #6 Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator

People exploiting the game will be banned. We've actually banned one already. More on this very soon.

Also, yes please, no naming and shaming. Any proofs showing anyone else's name should either be edited to remove the name or the video will be removed.

If you see more videos like that naming people (even if unintentional) please do let us know so we can remove the video while still safekeeping the video as a proof)

Xarthare #7 Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Akriom would be nice if you banned players who intentionally do friendly fire so they learn a lesson.

Had a velite player in a game right now that for him to get his kills he left my tier 7 roman cav with 2 k hp, just for the kills. This kind of behaviour will lead other members to insult him, because he would just not stop. At this rate we should all get arty units, go into random matches and start doing friendly fire. There is no action that prevents them from doing friendly fire so they get more kills. This is actually enfuriating, when the enemy will just spam and spam and spam friendly fire with no regard whatsoever for the team. This drives one person mad...

Edited by Xarthare, 13 September 2017 - 01:00 PM.

5D__Ardez #8 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I think that the difference in this case was that the point of Coppers thread was to accuse a player of intentionally exploiting the game rather than reporting the exploit. I say that because in this instance that exploit had already been reported without any names having been involved.

Having a strict no naming and shaming rule is important to reduce toxicity on the forums and prevent a downward spiral of witch hunts. I agree with WG's actions myself, but I understand this is a very divisive topic. It is, however, a common practice in many online game environments.

Xarthare, you may want to read this thread from NA: http://forum.totalwa...olation-policy/

Edited by 5D__Ardez, 13 September 2017 - 01:33 PM.

Paganwitch #9 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:55 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

well dear WG your policy is totaly wrong..
1. you wanna profe adn say send replay but there is no replay in game..

So if we dotn record game on our own program we dont have proof..

Print is not enought.. like when player abuse team with FF on purpose..

i had in game one player who shot my cav when i atack arher i had full HP and he killed 40 man from my 120 so 1/3 killed on FF with purpose and he say " dont cry about scratch" But i cna do nothing  with this ,, This troll is still in game and i even cat wan others becous eWE CANNOT NAME
So tell me What The Fuck you wann from us? test game or be polite and nice on every troll?
Both its not possible..
and to your ban if i find exploit what if i use it and i dont know its exploit? Banning player for this  its bd idea 1st you should just warn him and tell dont do thisi we know its bug, if keep ddoing ban him even for long time but 1st warn.

Xarthare #10 Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View Post5D__Ardez, on 13 September 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

I think that the difference in this case was that the point of Coppers thread was to accuse a player of intentionally exploiting the game rather than reporting the exploit. I say that because in this instance that exploit had already been reported without any names having been involved.

Having a strict no naming and shaming rule is important to reduce toxicity on the forums and prevent a downward spiral of witch hunts. I agree with WG's actions myself, but I understand this is a very divisive topic. It is, however, a common practice in many online game environments.

Xarthare, you may want to read this thread from NA: http://forum.totalwa...olation-policy/

Thanks ardez. Cause this is really starting to annoy me. People do not understand that without avalry they will most likely be unable to deal with range. What happens most games is you are teamed up with someone that wil friendly fire you no mater the consequences. Most times i end up losing more than 75 % of my hp to friendly fire rahter than damage dealt by the enemy.

Will have a look on this

Xarthare #11 Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostPaganwitch, on 13 September 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

well dear WG your policy is totaly wrong..
1. you wanna profe adn say send replay but there is no replay in game..

So if we dotn record game on our own program we dont have proof..

Print is not enought.. like when player abuse team with FF on purpose..

i had in game one player who shot my cav when i atack arher i had full HP and he killed 40 man from my 120 so 1/3 killed on FF with purpose and he say " dont cry about scratch" But i cna do nothing  with this ,, This troll is still in game and i even cat wan others becous eWE CANNOT NAME
So tell me What The Fuck you wann from us? test game or be polite and nice on every troll?
Both its not possible..
and to your ban if i find exploit what if i use it and i dont know its exploit? Banning player for this  its bd idea 1st you should just warn him and tell dont do thisi we know its bug, if keep ddoing ban him even for long time but 1st warn.

This happens a lot to me as well, this and the normal average old man saying "get gud kido" cause doing friendly fire si acceptable for them, even if it just gets them 40 enemy kills but obliterate the units from their team .....

People who use slang and witicism, but there only capable insult is calling us kids because we get frustrated honestly have no respect from my part, i m just sad they exist and play this game.

There are severall people that when i m teamed up with them i refuse to help for consistent friendly fire and complete disregard for team work

CopperPride #12 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAkriom, on 13 September 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

People exploiting the game will be banned. We've actually banned one already. More on this very soon.

Prove it. Especially the one I was talking about in my thread.

Also, yes please, no naming and shaming.

I will be still point out with my fingers without any hesitation names of peoples who ruins my and everyone's fun by abusing exploits. The fact You have "Hush Up policy is embarrassing and works on Your and CA detriment.

Any proofs showing anyone else's name should either be edited to remove the name or the video will be removed.

I got suggestion. Maybe You will select one man from the WG staff responsible for "editing images and videos" to hush up names huh ?? Prove us You respect our time at least in this way. We don't have time and tools for that.

If you see more videos like that naming people (even if unintentional) please do let us know so we can remove the video while still safekeeping the video as a proof)

No i will not. Thanks to Your policy and how You cooperate with people which REPORT FOR FREE problems with Your game and community.

BTW. My all latest bugs report was edited and all video and images content was removed die to my "I don't care about it anymore" policy. I hope Your reports for CA will now be alot less time consuming.

Edited by CopperPride, 13 September 2017 - 03:16 PM.

Paganwitch #13 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:37 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostXarthare, on 13 September 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

This happens a lot to me as well, this and the normal average old man saying "get gud kido" cause doing friendly fire si acceptable for them, even if it just gets them 40 enemy kills but obliterate the units from their team .....

People who use slang and witicism, but there only capable insult is calling us kids because we get frustrated honestly have no respect from my part, i m just sad they exist and play this game.

There are severall people that when i m teamed up with them i refuse to help for consistent friendly fire and complete disregard for team work

well i did this: after this incident enemy starc cap base i was only one who coudl go def and win game but i refused and  i said i wont help to win players liek him.. takemy cav and frontaly charget pike phalanx  Died like true roman :D

CopperPride #14 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
This is not a FF issue thread. Please stay on topic in here.

Paganwitch #15 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

it is becouse WG dotn take action aguin those palyers.. if soem do with arch dmg to your unit for 10K and only 5K to enemy he deserve ban..

when i play arch i rly watch dmg and i i see dmg to alies go too high i change target..

Paganwitch #16 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
now i played game .. player with barb cav get stukc by pathfind bug.. enemy team caped base so i need hurry get base.. i charged him .. killed all his units with no dmg on me.. and go and save base and win game..
i knew he is in bug and stuck but i killed him.. So ban me pls becouse i dont let enemy win :)
see how your policy babing players who abuse bug is absurd? 1st do your fuking job and fix bug and oyu ddont need ban players.. :)

Quo_usque_pro_victoria #17 Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Also, yes please, no naming and shaming. Any proofs showing anyone else's name should either be edited to remove the name or the video will be removed.

Please define exploiting : because if blobbing is an exploit, there won't be a lot of cavalry players remaining, especially Greek players.

And please solve that issue, it's been here for a while and is preventing any balance change.

Edited by Quo_usque_pro_victoria, 13 September 2017 - 06:38 PM.

Xeir #18 Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

View PostQuo_usque_pro_victoria, on 13 September 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

Please define exploiting : because if blobbing is an exploit, there won't be a lot of cavalry players remaining, especially Greek players.

And please solve that issue, it's been here for a while and is preventing any balance change.

Block Quote

In the case of encountering exploits within the game, such as the infinite use of a skill due to a bug, for instance.

http://forum.totalwa...9718#entry19718

Quo_usque_pro_victoria #19 Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostXeir, on 13 September 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

Thanks, but is blobbing a bug and considered as an exploit, that was my question. And the definition is not quite answering it. That's more a problem of mechanics, hence my doubt.

And if it is indeed an exploit, you can't ban that much players, even if it's temporary.

Edited by Quo_usque_pro_victoria, 13 September 2017 - 06:53 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users