Petition to Wargaming to change the K/D scoreboard to the old point system

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Xarthare #1 Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
A lot of the new players are not aquainted with this, but when the game was released on steam, and before session 6 or 7 of alpha version the scoreboard displayed information about severall core aspects of the game and not just the kills and deaths a player had during the game.

Is a scoreboard with just kills and deaths bad ?

Overall the answer is yes. People will focus on kill leading them to behave in  a manner that is not acceptable. Things as scouting, decaping, caping, morale impact, friendly fire is not displayed, and these are core points of arena, or at least they used to be.

Games are not just won by the amount of kills a player gets in a match, the points i mentioned above can be the decisive factor from a win loss. A player that sacrifices 3 units, two or even one to prevent the enemy from capturing the base is often not rewarded as he should be. He sacrificied all his units or some to allow is team to win, or not if he is unlucky, the match. Player who decap should receive more points at the end of the match.

The information that used to be displayed, and that ive already mentioned, should be part of the scoreboard, but i will mention them again, and if any of the veterans or new players think there is something that should be added feel free to do it so :):

- keep the information about the amount of kills a player perform, as the old scoreboard had, but just don't focus on those to aspect, the game doesn't need to be oversimplified;

- provide information about FRIENDLY FIRE, and PLEASE apply a penalty to players who freely abuse this mechanic. The old system that removed experience and silver was perfect, this would force player to not spam arty pebbles and arrows on team mates. There are a lot of people who will just spam it without thinking a second time on how much that will harm the team on the long run;

- provide information for people who contributed with scouting the map;

- provide information for the amount of decap and cap points a player has done during the match;

- also if a player for some reason has to leave the enemy base he was capturing i think he should not lose his points, this is something new i would like to see implemented, but sometimes, a cav player may need to leave the base to go help a team mate (and i often do this because no one is willing to sacrifice their units)

-reward team play, for several times i've wanted to vote on some player for saving me (nikepetros is one of them ;P, as well as some of the portuguese players i usually play with, or others, such as DRscot, jazz, Alex_forward adn many more). When the match ends we should be able to vote for them, if we think they deserve a medal or some kind of reward. This reward could be translated in a bonus o 5 k silver and 500 free experience for each vote.

At this point i do not recall anything else, but feel free to add something if you think it would help improving the information displayed on the scoreboard :)

SUNTZU_JoJo #2 Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

Maybe add a mini-icon next to the players (or which appears if you hover over them with mouse) of the different Coronas they received from that battle.

More detailed statistics of each each for all to see - the things we see about our own score should be made public for all to see - who attended that match.

Finally - having a voting system at the end is a good idea - really good - it allow people to individually votre for someone who contributed the most to the team or someone they think played well (only issue is, this can very, very easily be abused).

+1 in general. :)

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

Dikkeh0nd #3 Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:39 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

+1 from me as well.

This should be one the next beta update's. :)

Bojackcobb #4 Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:58 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

+1. Taking JoJo's idea, it would make sense to have icons just like we have the icons for the units stats - having something similar on the scoreboard would keep it neat and small.

WipeoutVasusu #5 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
+1

Karrade #6 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:20 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
+1

Xarthare #7 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Lets us hope that more ppl agree with us so we can have a proper scoreboard and not a manhood enhancer measure contest ;p.

Jo i'm not sure if this is what you meant, but in the steam version during the battle there used to be a small box in the unit portrait that displayed the amount of experience the unit gathered so far in that battle. I think this should be brought back as well :).

SUNTZU_JoJo #8 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:52 AM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

View PostXarthare, on 11 September 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

Lets us hope that more ppl agree with us so we can have a proper scoreboard and not a manhood enhancer measure contest ;p.

Jo i'm not sure if this is what you meant, but in the steam version during the battle there used to be a small box in the unit portrait that displayed the amount of experience the unit gathered so far in that battle. I think this should be brought back as well :).

Manhood enhancer measure contest..heheh..good one.

That isnt what i meant but it adds to it.

The more we see in the battle results, the easier we can assess the good players from the ok ones.

This will help with people choosing who to party up with, example (I play arty and this guy got a best defender vote, or really good support 'points', he would be the best person to help defend me)..

Things like that...

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

AstraeusTheTitan #9 Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

+1 to enhanced scoreboard.

As you highlight friendly fire... I partly agree for missile friendly fire deductions, though I don't mind some overlap and a few casualties which i find acceptable given archer/javalin/pilum/slinger firing is volley style rather than aimed.  Friendly ballista fire loses so many games though and this I would like to see punished on the new scoreboard.

But what about 'teammates' that charge into my pikes/hoplite phalanx without due care and attention?  I would have two choices for their stupidity, de-phalanx and take a massive numbers/silver hit, keep formation and take an xp hit... I don't want us all to play as samey roman infantry!

Xarthare #10 Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSUNTZU_JoJo, on 11 September 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

Manhood enhancer measure contest..heheh..good one.

That isnt what i meant but it adds to it.

The more we see in the battle results, the easier we can assess the good players from the ok ones.

This will help with people choosing who to party up with, example (I play arty and this guy got a best defender vote, or really good support 'points', he would be the best person to help defend me)..

Things like that...

Well i tried to be euphemistic as possible, but i m happy i don't stand alone on that subject. The point system will help the game improve a lot because ppl won't be always saying see see i got more kills you shut up because you got less.... this kind of argument goes on and on, but most ppl who use it are those who are really bad and had that one game where they actually helped for a change.

View PostAstraeusTheTitan, on 11 September 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

As you highlight friendly fire... I partly agree for missile friendly fire deductions, though I don't mind some overlap and a few casualties which i find acceptable given archer/javalin/pilum/slinger firing is volley style rather than aimed.  Friendly ballista fire loses so many games though and this I would like to see punished on the new scoreboard.

But what about 'teammates' that charge into my pikes/hoplite phalanx without due care and attention?  I would have two choices for their stupidity, de-phalanx and take a massive numbers/silver hit, keep formation and take an xp hit... I don't want us all to play as samey roman infantry!

Well on those situations it is hard to pin point and prevent the player who was innocent to be framed with negative points, but that will happen sadly. I do not want to discourage you amte, but as Justinian said i rather have a criminal on the lose than an innocent locked up. What i mean is friendly fire will happen, it just isn't acceptable when you barage a team mate to get a few extra kills, because you end up harming more than helping, the same for arty. There are arty players that will nuke blobed team mates and enemies for those kills, they don't even care who they kill as long as it hit something.

As someone who used to play horse archers i was always very careful to not to friendly fire, i never had more than 400 points of friendly fire in 6 k of damage. This forces players to be a little more aware of what they are doing and not just screw everyone policy. Don't take me wrong mate i know it hurst when others screw us up. When i play germanicus i always bring stakes and i always find that one guy that rushs through them .... oh well.... But endorsing the negative effect of friendly fire will stop players from being totalaholes for their team mates. It is not acceptable to kill another player so you get a few extra kills.

Karrade #11 Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAstraeusTheTitan, on 11 September 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

Charging into friendly phalanx's doesn't happen much at higher tiers.

It really should be down to % on each shot, not overall obviously. If you are kill 3 enemy for every friendly then fine, but if people are shooting 5 enemy guys and hitting mostly their own troops it is counterproductive and needs penalties. You could do the same for phalanx's.

MrPiggi #12 Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

signed :D

I think it's admirable that they've tried to make the scoreboard look less overwhelming/more simple to read at a glance - but there is just too much information missing. And with WG, I'm sure you guys can easily design a fluid, more informative scoreboard that provides us with more info but still looks nice.

Karrade #13 Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I'd also like people to get K/D or score for cpu or disconnected units they take the time to micro. I've had to manage 6 units before because nobody else would split them. Be even better if you could claim them for keys 4/5/6 on your keyboard.

Edited by Karrade, 11 September 2017 - 02:45 PM.

kiram16 #14 Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
+1 i played on the steam version and it was really well furnished ! Now we have nothing, cant even know our damage down ... and of course FF ! if ppl dont know about their FF on post game stats how can they play better ?

Thorongil #15 Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

definetly +1 for most of it.

but the voting part can be abused.  i bet there would plenty of party where they would vote each other (not the one who actually was the real hero in the battle) 

don't get me wrong, rewarding player who contributed a lot to the team effort instead of his own stats (like kill,etc ) in battle is great idea. even the voting part is great. but maybe you shouldn't be able to vote on your own party's member. it's discriminating against them, but i couldn't come up with a better idea right now. someone hopefully will

*Thorongil applied the "Pray for Barbarians" filter on his profile picture*

Aetholite #16 Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
+1

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Cowards die many times before their actual deaths."

- Julius Caesar (100 BC - 44 BC)

D0TL #17 Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I miss way to much information to properly look back at matches and learn from them. Points gave a very good indication of what went ok and what could use some work. I remember only a few patches ago we had almost as much stats as LoL aftergame, and then suddenly it was decided to n00b it down. I dont mind making the UI more friendly so a new player simply see if he gets most damage by capping or damage, but the detailed info should also be available preferably in numbers instead (or also) then the circle.

So yes, give us back points and give us back the more detailed 'post-battle' information screen!

+1

Edited by D0TL, 11 September 2017 - 04:58 PM.

Jazz_Khanz #18 Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

+1

K/D ratio killed teamwork

Sincerely JaZZ

Make Arena Great Again

As a wise man in forum told me "...already part of the game..."

Not Genuine totally unofficial Arena English speaking Forum

http://bananasoftwarena.freeforums.net/

Smacks21 #19 Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
+1
Nothing to add

Comp4ny #20 Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSUNTZU_JoJo, on 11 September 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

Things like that...

And i hope WG bring the old Score-Board back or addet this Features!

Total War Arena is Teamplay. No Teamplay = No Win. And when i look into the Future (Clanwars / Teambattles), need we this Scores for sort Players and Clan recrutment.

Also definetly +1

Comp4ny on TWITCH.tv & Youtube

6 user(s) are reading this topic