Swordsmens in Greek Army

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Guest_ALpha testor_* #1 Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

Can you add Thorax swordsmen or Silver shield Swordsmen in Greek rooster they are in Rome 2 total war but not there and I think it will bring more gameplay style in the game!

Please ! As it was in the first ALPHA

Dryakarios #2 Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:38 AM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
During the first alpha/beta you had sword silver shield at t10 and royal javelonners at t10 too in greek army but they demise them

Guest_Alpha-tester_* #3 Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:51 AM

Yeah they are missing but I think that they have to add thorax swordsmen when you unlock thorax spearmen it would be awesome because reaching T10 is very long and if they no sword units before I think I will get tired of that game! Because of no diversity in gameplay!

I think it's great that until Tiers 5-6 they don't have swords because for new players they will learn mechanics and basics but after that level adding variety would be better if they want to keep the hardcore player of total war series! 

nikepetros #4 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:44 AM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostAlpha-tester, on 09 September 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

Yeah they are missing but I think that they have to add thorax swordsmen when you unlock thorax spearmen it would be awesome because reaching T10 is very long and if they no sword units before I think I will get tired of that game! Because of no diversity in gameplay!

I think it's great that until Tiers 5-6 they don't have swords because for new players they will learn mechanics and basics but after that level adding variety would be better if they want to keep the hardcore player of total war series! 

Or reintroduce the drop pike ability for pikemen.

Guest_Swordsingreekarmy_* #5 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

Yes, and when they drop pikes they take their shields on their back to become a sword and shield unit or just for the realistic aspect !  

SUNTZU_JoJo #6 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:36 AM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

Especially now that spears are not unique to the Greek faction, I think it only fair we are give. Some greek swords.

Be interested to test out Swords+Shield Bash

Or Swords+Break Ranks

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

Balty09 #7 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:51 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
There is definitely missing some offensive unit in greek army for Miltiades. Thats only reason i dont play him now, playing him with spears and their current stats and abilities just doesnt make any sence.

SUNTZU_JoJo #8 Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Praetorian

View PostBalty09, on 15 September 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

There is definitely missing some offensive unit in greek army for Miltiades. Thats only reason i dont play him now, playing him with spears and their current stats and abilities just doesnt make any sence.

Miltiades is my main Commander - I just love his style of play and role on the battlefield - also Spears are hard/a challenge to play with (well) and I love a challenge (brings out the skills in people..). Personally I find him very playable and Spears are an absolute necessity on the battlefield (against cav.)

He is best played with swords or even pikes..but especially swords.

We need Greek Faction Swords please!

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

m0rgoth_ #9 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I doubt they will ever add sword units in the Greek tree.Maybe 2-3  premium swords but not in the main tree,  which is not bad but  i would like to play again these silver shield swordsmen at tier 9 or 10 :(

Edited by m0rgoth_, 15 September 2017 - 03:31 PM.

" Creative Assembly, give me back my swordsmen! "  , Miltiades 2017

Balty09 #10 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Another possibility and even better thing to do would be give spears ability to use swords instead of spears. They would be unable to form phalanx with swords on, but they would get bonus to melee attack. So you would have more tactical options and game would get some more tactical deph.

nikepetros #11 Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSUNTZU_JoJo, on 15 September 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Especially now that spears are not unique to the Greek faction, I think it only fair we are give. Some greek swords.

Be interested to test out Swords+Shield Bash

Or Swords+Break Ranks

And it will be wonderful if they get square or an 8 ranks formation after pikes are dropped.

nikepetros #12 Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostBalty09, on 15 September 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Another possibility and even better thing to do would be give spears ability to use swords instead of spears. They would be unable to form phalanx with swords on, but they would get bonus to melee attack. So you would have more tactical options and game would get some more tactical deph.

Drop spear?

Smacks21 #13 Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
So greek have all soldiers available but other faction just have sword ? not really fair (triarii doens't count as it is a gold unit - add gold sword infantery to greek then)

Balty09 #14 Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View Postnikepetros, on 16 September 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Drop spear?

Not exactly drop, you still have spear. Hoplites had spears as main weapon and sword as secondary. If they lost spear they took sword or they hide spear behind shield and took sword for close encounter out of phalanx. So historicaly it would make sence to have such option here too. Its like javs which are secondary weapon of romans.

nikepetros #15 Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostBalty09, on 16 September 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Not exactly drop, you still have spear. Hoplites had spears as main weapon and sword as secondary. If they lost spear they took sword or they hide spear behind shield and took sword for close encounter out of phalanx. So historicaly it would make sence to have such option here too. Its like javs which are secondary weapon of romans.

Or give it a throw spear, after that you only have your Kopis. :B

I think it will be enough if they give drop pikes back, because pikes have higher melee attack, that fits Milti better.

nikepetros #16 Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSmacks21, on 16 September 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

So greek have all soldiers available but other faction just have sword ? not really fair (triarii doens't count as it is a gold unit - add gold sword infantery to greek then)

You actually can use pike units as sword, just don't phalanx and they are going to use their kopis.

The thing is, if you don't get rid of the pike you cannot charge.

Balty09 #17 Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Well i would like to have option to go more offensive with spears too. Coss right now they deal no damage on their own. Only way how to deal damage is shield bash, because they have too low melee attack so they dont hit anything.

Edited by Balty09, 16 September 2017 - 07:06 PM.

Smacks21 #18 Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View Postnikepetros, on 16 September 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

You actually can use pike units as sword, just don't phalanx and they are going to use their kopis.

The thing is, if you don't get rid of the pike you cannot charge.

I'm not playing greek a lot so I don't remember his name... but one of the greek commander have a charge and can use it with spears (I was surprised the first time I saw this...)

Of course I have to agree, playing spears is strange because it seems you just cannot attack... the only way I find to fight is to form phalanx and move while fighting... but as I said, I'm not playing greek a lot because I still don't understand how to play spears (I'm not looking a lot for it).

Really... I said it a lot during the alpha but... why the hell did wargaming so many changes to a game that was better than this beta ??? I just can't understand...

nikepetros #19 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:01 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostBalty09, on 16 September 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Well i would like to have option to go more offensive with spears too. Coss right now they deal no damage on their own. Only way how to deal damage is shield bash, because they have too low melee attack so they dont hit anything.

Do they? I think they have like 10 more melee attack then spears at same tier but the weapon/AP damage is low.

nikepetros #20 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:05 PM

Centurion

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostSmacks21, on 16 September 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

I'm not playing greek a lot so I don't remember his name... but one of the greek commander have a charge and can use it with spears (I was surprised the first time I saw this...)

Of course I have to agree, playing spears is strange because it seems you just cannot attack... the only way I find to fight is to form phalanx and move while fighting... but as I said, I'm not playing greek a lot because I still don't understand how to play spears (I'm not looking a lot for it).

Really... I said it a lot during the alpha but... why the hell did wargaming so many changes to a game that was better than this beta ??? I just can't understand...

Alex and Milti both can charge with hoplite (spears), but pike can't charge because charge is not allowed while holding pikes.

For the second one, i will say money, premium thraician cavarly is the only cavarly with shields in the Greek faction and i think they will release more this kind of premiums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic