Thoughts on artillery

Artillery

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mamadou_Mebetembawe #1 Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:35 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Just played a few games with three artillery units per side, and when i saw how deadly and accurate their fire was i couldn't believe it. They just hit every target they shoot even when moving and each hit causes massive damage on tier IV.

I want to know if it's bad luck or if the Roman empire have some borrowed katyusha. Also, does it get worse with higher tiers?

davarey #2 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Yess

Corewin #3 Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

Munifex

• Praetorian

At higher tier people are getting better to avoid the shots and there is better cavalry to take them out as well. 

You also need to take into account that if you have siege those unit is not on the front lines zoning areas, taking vision towers, soaking damage and all that things so to balance it out they have long range and damage. Also the siege is not crazy accurate unless you use the Cesar special ability but it got a 140 sec cooldown.

The best way I have found to avoid the shots is to angle the camera to the ground so you see your units and the enemy base (where siege is most likely positioned). And as you can see the shots the moment he fires them and if it looks like the stones is coming your way just side step as the travel time for the stones is rather long you got plenty of time to avoid them. 

//Corewin Siege Player

CopperPride #4 Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostMamadou_Mebetembawe, on 01 September 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

Just played a few games with three artillery units per side, and when i saw how deadly and accurate their fire was i couldn't believe it. They just hit every target they shoot even when moving and each hit causes massive damage on tier IV.

I want to know if it's bad luck or if the Roman empire have some borrowed katyusha. Also, does it get worse with higher tiers?

Later.....later arty have even more accuracy... and even more damage output..... arty players are better as well...... #nightmare

Naming and shaming ? Yes! No tolerance for exploit abusers!

TW: Arena (EU) Alpha Gladiators Discord Channel

Also tagged with Artillery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users