Merge the forums

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Bojackcobb #1 Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

Merging the forums has been a popular demand. This post is copied from the NA forum so more see this.

• NA alpha forum members are left out from EU (which is more active), RU and Asian alpha sections, and vice versa.
  • Staff have even said that they are most active on the EU forum - this is extremely frustrating for us. A common complaint is the lack of communication to players on this forum.
  • A merged forum would presumably help with this, making your playerbase feel less alienated.
  • It makes sense if we can all communicate on issues together, for the benefit of game development.

Please can someone recognise this is an issue, and whether there are plans to merge the forums.

tetidenera #2 Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
I find this a very good idea. This is an international community. For different languages would be more practical to have some subforums. 
TWI-Tetide-IC

MrConway #3 Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

COMMVNITVS TEAMVS

• WG Staff

View PostBojackcobb, on 12 June 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Merging the forums has been a popular demand. This post is copied from the NA forum so more see this.

• NA alpha forum members are left out from EU (which is more active), RU and Asian alpha sections, and vice versa.
  • Staff have even said that they are most active on the EU forum - this is extremely frustrating for us. A common complaint is the lack of communication to players on this forum.
  • A merged forum would presumably help with this, making your playerbase feel less alienated.
  • It makes sense if we can all communicate on issues together, for the benefit of game development.

Please can someone recognise this is an issue, and whether there are plans to merge the forums.

Thanks for the suggestion, this is something we can definitely look into.

Kingnikolaj #4 Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:55 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Praetorian
Personal I'm against that idea, simply because of once the game is open beta/released there will be a large flocking to the forums and if it's all under one it will be a mess in mere hours

There is only one way to victory, and that is forward!

My legions will stand to the last man

When in doubt... Throw in vikings

A_Mighty_Muffin - been shooting me since 2014 - may this long tradition die

Vahakn #5 Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:16 AM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

View PostKingnikolaj, on 15 June 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

Personal I'm against that idea, simply because of once the game is open beta/released there will be a large flocking to the forums and if it's all under one it will be a mess in mere hours

Well not necessarily. its good to have everything under one roof for logistical and practical reasons. Once the game goes live, the admin can easily create new section in the same forum where the users will have the option to either go to the NA or EU, etc.. sections at will, but the administration will be globally with less fuss and better delegation. its been done before. just saying.

Website    YouTube channel   Twitch Channel   ESL team   Online Shop

Bojackcobb #6 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis
Thanks for the response! I think yes we could have different language sections for those who don't speak English. And I don't see why a large forum has to be a mess, many other games etc have managed it. There would more moderators for a larger forum.

Vahakn #7 Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

View PostBojackcobb, on 15 June 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Thanks for the response! I think yes we could have different language sections for those who don't speak English. And I don't see why a large forum has to be a mess, many other games etc have managed it. There would more moderators for a larger forum.

Exactly. From a global point of view, a single international forum along with its delegated sections to accomodate specific region/language  sub forums is best practice because you can have a universal view and control from an admin perspective & user interaction. Been there, done that. Ip board is more than capable and can perform those tasks flawlessly. 

Bojackcobb #8 Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

For those of you who aren't on the NA forums, if you want to get an idea of how we feel (and presumably those on Asian/RU forums):

Block Quote

I hope that CA/WG actually at least listens to our bug reports, suggestions, and feedback even though they may not comment on them. Otherwise we may as well be wasting our time.

Block Quote

The fact you had to go to the EU forums to say this just to get a response was..wow. Just wow.

Merging the forums would solve the communication problem. We really enjoy playing and giving feedback, but when there is no response, it is a bit demeaning.

Edited by Bojackcobb, 16 June 2017 - 01:59 PM.

Vahakn #9 Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:51 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

View PostBojackcobb, on 16 June 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

For those of you who aren't on the NA forums, if you want to get an idea of how we feel (and presumably those on Asian/RU forums):

Merging the forums would solve the communication problem. We really enjoy playing and giving feedback, but when there is no response, it is a bit demeaning.

I wholeheartedly agree. Success depends on a single point of reference where everything is up to date and requires less man hours to organize, is direct, and most importantly filtered correctly. How else could feedback flow be beneficial if you need to run to different sources and cross reference each one with the other? if you were to put yourself in the admin's shoes, you will realize the mess he/she has to go go through just to filter out effective and precise feedback to the dev team in a timely and punctual manner. 

Mowlwurf #10 Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

Optio Centuriae

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

+1 for this

While the russian community might be big enough on its own, even more so with wargaming involved now, I think it is needed to merge the rest of the regions/forums for sure.  I don't expect such a huge influx of new players on open beta that the forums will get overrun to be honest.

Bojackcobb #11 Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

View PostVahakn, on 16 June 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Success depends on a single point of reference where everything is up to date and requires less man hours to organize, is direct, and most importantly filtered correctly. How else could feedback flow be beneficial if you need to run to different sources and cross reference each one with the other? if you were to put yourself in the admin's shoes, you will realize the mess he/she has to go go through just to filter out effective and precise feedback to the dev team in a timely and punctual manner. 

Well said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users