How Total War: Arena Could Refresh The Series, But Not Replace It

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Xeir #1 Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:09 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

https://www.gamespot...n/1100-6449257/

Block Quote

Another interesting element about Arena is what's going on outside of the game. It's the first title that Wargaming's Alliance label is publishing. Representatives for the studio teased that they are already speaking with other developers about potential partnerships to help them extend their traditional games into online, free-to-play space. If all goes well with Arena, Wargaming could be seen as the go-to publisher for helping manage these kinds of transitions

Block Quote

Wargaming, whose Wargaming Alliance unit is publishing Arena, told us that Creative Assembly is focusing on getting the gameplay refined and polished before making decisions about monetization

Block Quote

"We know our audience; we definitely get their feedback," Garcia said. "We make sure that the game is for their enjoyment, their entertainment. We want to make happy players, not pissed off players. We are very committed to keeping players happy."

Edited by Xeir, 11 April 2017 - 02:20 PM.

SUNTZU_JoJo #2 Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

Praefectus Castrorum

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Well-spotted Xeir.

I will add 1 quote, in addition to the ones you mentioned, which all stood out to me as well:

Block Quote

Like any other free-to-play game, its success will be dictated by whether or not it can attract and retain a playerbase.

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Youtube Channel [ JoJo's GGs ] has gone live!

SpartanBG #3 Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

What comes down to in MOBA games from my experience is a good commercial and advertising. My first time I tried League of legends was after some pretty cool battle commercial type of video. And I think wargaming could provide the sufficient advertisement skills, I mean have you checked some of the world of tanks commercials. Damn they could do a movie after :D

Ohh and I forgot, the variety​ of content. For example there are currently 136 released champions​ in League atm, Thou what arena is aiming is a different type of gamers (Strategic)

Edited by SpartanBG, 13 April 2017 - 02:04 PM.

The Spartans do not ask how many but where they are" - Agis II of Sparta

Laren_Martigan #4 Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:17 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Thanks Xeir, very interesting article.  I like the attitude expressed by the devs, sounds committed and caring.

Xeir #5 Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

To don't create new topic about this, but still say it exist:

https://translate.go...ew/1055223.html

Block Quote

Mr. Martsinouskaya: Wargaming is a company of F2P, I do not intend to make a fierce monetization game for Creative Assembly, and they do not want it either.

Block Quote

Mr. Garcia: I can not stock it. It is a specification, and even a formal service. As an image, it is not like repurchasing a large amount of silver every time to repurchase a tank, it is close to an image like paying a repair fee after a battle and re-sorting. In historical facts, a huge cost was required to reorganize the troops, but "TWA" is a game, so it has become possible to organize units with low numerical values.

BTW: Looking on how questions was created e.g

Block Quote

- "TWA" has interestingness with combinations of units, is there a factor like a set bonus depending on the combination?

I would be not suprised if that interview was not "spontaneous" but created for Marketing objectives.

Edited by Xeir, 17 April 2017 - 12:20 PM.

IDEAnLeiTung #6 Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:31 AM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Thx for sharing.
Important information for me was:
- after alpha session 7 we will move to closed Beta
- regional Servers will be implemented
- Siege mode is likely after release
- probably no changes in team size

Xeir #7 Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

Wait Wait Wait

Block Quote

- after alpha session 7 we will move to closed Beta

Block Quote

specific schedule has not yet been finalized, internal testing has already been carried out up to Phase 6. The phase 7 test is scheduled soon, and when it is over, we will move to CBT and open beta, planned to proceed with official service. Although we want to put out early,

They didin't say that, it was just PR talk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users